+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seven decades of Cardiff City v Bristol City games.

Seven decades of Cardiff City v Bristol City games.

Re: Seven decades of Cardiff City v Bristol City games.

We all know about Bristol City players that signed for City over the years but I can't recall any that went the other way. Can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We all know about Bristol City players that signed for City over the years but I can't recall any that went the other way. Can you?
    Just spent five minutes trying to think of one and I could only come up with youth players like Burns and Holloway - couldn’t think of any senior players though.

80s Trevor Morgan
    00s can only find 2 Mickey Bell, Steve Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The only one I can hazard a guess at is the 60s clue: Blue Weaver

10s Luke Ayling

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Sadly, I'm old enough to have been a Strawbs fan and can remember being disappointed when Rick Wakeman left. Wakeman had really made his name with the Strawbs, especially on their live album "Just a Collection of Antiques and Curios". Fine musician Derek "Blue" Weaver undoubtedly is I didn't think at the time he was an upgrade on his predecessor.

20s Marlow Watkins

Peter Hooper is one we signed from Bristol Rovers and we then sold him to Bristol City in the '60s
    Another one quite recent was Dave Richards a goalkeeper we loaned him to Bristol and he signed for them at the end of the season 2013 I think

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Sadly, I'm old enough to have been a Strawbs fan and can remember being disappointed when Rick Wakeman left. Wakeman had really made his name with the Strawbs, especially on their live album "Just a Collection of Antiques and Curios". Fine musician Derek "Blue" Weaver undoubtedly is I didn't think at the time he was an upgrade on his predecessor.
    I saw The Strawbs live at Cardiff Castle in July '76. My least favourite band of the day, to be honest. The rest of the acts that day if you weren't there were Budgie, Curved Air, Hawkwind and Status Quo

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    80s Trevor Morgan
    00s can only find 2 Mickey Bell, Steve Phillips
    Trevor Morgan is right, as is Mickey Bell. I didn’t have Steve Phillips, but, having checked I see what you mean - that said, I did say league football mind. One of the two players has now retired, but is still in the game and the other one has played in the Premier League this season.

Yes.

10s Luke Ayling
    Yes.

20s Marlow Watkins
    Correct, his first name is Marley mind.

Peter Hooper is one we signed from Bristol Rovers and we then sold him to Bristol City in the '60s
    Another one quite recent was Dave Richards a goalkeeper we loaned him to Bristol and he signed for them at the end of the season 2013 I think
    Yes, I think you’re right about Richards - I’ve been thinking about TBG’s question on and off all day and still can’t think of a senior player who made the move from Cardiff to Bristol City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes.
    Hooorayyyyy, I have got a rare right answer to one of Bobsie Wilson's Really, Really Unfeasonably Hard Quiz to Cardiff City's Opponents Players From The Dim And Distant Past

70s Gary Collier
    I think I will leave the 00s to Loramski. It completely foxed me the only other two I can find are Jamie McAlister and his son Reubin and Gary Owers and his son Josh but neither were in that 2003 playoff side

70s Gary Collier
    I think I will leave the 00s to Loramski. It completely foxed me the only other two I can find are Jamie McAlister and his son Reubin and Gary Owers and his son Josh but neither were in that 2003 playoff side
    Matt Hill is one but I don't know the other.

The 90s one is Jason Cundy.

How's your health?

Hooorayyyyy, I have got a rare right answer to one of Bobsie Wilson's Really, Really Unfeasonably Hard Quiz to Cardiff City's Opponents Players From The Dim And Distant Past
    Funny to see some using his proper name when answering, I never knew it, he was always Blue to me.

70s Gary Collier
    Collier is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post

How's your health?
    Cundy is right, as is Matt Hill. I cocked up with the other one - I assumed the Rosenior on the bench in the First Leg was Leroy when in fact it was a, very young I would guess, Liam

I saw The Strawbs live at Cardiff Castle in July '76. My least favourite band of the day, to be honest. The rest of the acts that day if you weren't there were Budgie, Curved Air, Hawkwind and Status Quo
    That lady out of curved air was attractive

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post

How's your health?
    A lot better now thank you, I was in the hospital on a blue light trip with bronchitis and a lack of oxygen in my body, and spent two days with the mask on cannot praise the nurses enough. I could not spell or remember anything, my daughter came to visit me and called the doctor and within 15 minutes the paramedics had me in the ambulance on my way to the hospital, straight into Resus ward and the mask on straight away, had to stay in till they were sure that I could look after myself and as soon as I could walk they agreed to let me go home, missed the quiz though but my daughter printed them for me while I was in the hospital, and I did them when I came out, keeps my brain working so I have to say thanks to Bob for his time doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That lady out of curved air was attractive
    Here ya go Sludgey, Curved Air with their only hit record. think it was only a minor hit though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82tcFeK_pkg

Here ya go Sludgey, Curved Air with their only hit record. think it was only a minor hit though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82tcFeK_pkg
    She was a looker