+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nick Griffins endorsement in the Rochdale by-election today

Nick Griffins endorsement in the Rochdale by-election today

The former BNP leader on twitter today endorsing George Galloway's far-left workers party of Britain.

What strange times we live in.

Re: Nick Griffins endorsement in the Rochdale by-election today

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The former BNP leader on twitter today endorsing George Galloway's far-left workers party of Britain.

To be fair both Griffin and Galloway are tossers

I always remember griffin in a true life documentary

Helping his daughter with her A level history homework

Listen Jane that Hitler bloke was ok really and the holocaust wasn't that bad

The Monster Raving Loonie Party's candidate gets my vote. Calling for a 99p coin to be introduced, and eradicating homelessness for hedgehogs..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The Monster Raving Loonie Party's candidate gets my vote. Calling for a 99p coin to be introduced, and eradicating homelessness for hedgehogs..
    I'd vote for the latter even though it's a prickly subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'd vote for the latter even though it's a prickly subject.
    It does have some good points though.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I absolutely love the proposal of a 99p coin.

Very strange.

Gorgeous George has his faults (many faults) but admiration for Nick Griffin is not one of them.

I imagine he is embarrassed by any endorsement from 'that spent fascist' (Galloway's description on Talk Radio) and wondering who put him up to it and why.

Peter Griffin would be a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I absolutely love the proposal of a 99p coin.
    I’m glad it’s not just me. I hate small change, so this sounds like a really sensible idea

I always thought George Galloway was an atheist - the sort that is brought up a Catholic, then alleged to have converted to Islam, but uses the impression of a religious affiliation as a political prop.

But today he was happily waving a bible around when he was sworn in to Parliament.

George Galloway sworn in.jpg

Has Truthpaste got to him?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I always thought George Galloway was an atheist - the sort that is brought up a Catholic, then alleged to have converted to Islam, but uses the impression of a religious affiliation as a political prop.

But today he was happily waving a bible around when he was sworn in to Parliament.

George Galloway sworn in.jpg

Has Truthpaste got to him?
    A Catholic was my understanding. He has been very consistent in his pro-palestinian beliefs for decades but I don't think he has ever converted to Islam?

He likes to surprise too. Will have taken some pleasure in pledging allegiance to the king cos it will have ruffled the odd feather no doubt.

I'm sure he is a republican but I'm also not sure it's ever been a big issue for him has it?

A Catholic was my understanding. He has been very consistent in his pro-palestinian beliefs for decades but I don't think he has ever converted to Islam?

He likes to surprise too. Will have taken some pleasure in pledging allegiance to the king cos it will have ruffled the odd feather no doubt.

I'm sure he is a republican but I'm also not sure it's ever been a big issue for him has it?
    The only thing GG is interested in is GG

Isnt his wife a muslim ? and under Islamic a non muslim cannot marry a muslim.
    Galloway has never confirmed it or denied it.

I might be wrong here but Galloway supports a United Ireland but not Scottish Independence.

I was watched him speak in Merthyr. Interesting bloke but he's all about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I might be wrong here but Galloway supports a United Ireland but not Scottish Independence.

I was watched him speak in Merthyr. Interesting bloke but he's all about himself.
    I suspect he probably supports a United Ireland but I've never heard him say much on it. A kind of left wing British nationalist on recent years.

I have to say, I have some admiration for him, in a way I do for certain people irrespective of politics (Ann Widdecombe, Tony Benn, Jacob Rees Mogg, Alec Salmond to an extent are amongst others).

Something about him and I don't have an issue with his views being represented in parliament as that place should reflect the country it serves.

It's unbelievably undemocratic for elected MP's having to swear an oath to the King. How on Earth could we be come a republic whilst the dice are loaded in favour of the royalists?

I suspect he probably supports a United Ireland but I've never heard him say much on it. A kind of left wing British nationalist on recent years.

I have to say, I have some admiration for him, in a way I do for certain people irrespective of politics (Ann Widdecombe, Tony Benn, Jacob Rees Mogg, Alec Salmond to an extent are amongst others).

Something about him and I don't have an issue with his views being represented in parliament as that place should reflect the country it serves.
    Anne Widdecombe?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's unbelievably undemocratic for elected MP's having to swear an oath to the King. How on Earth could we be come a republic whilst the dice are loaded in favour of the royalists?
    I'm not sure if view it as unbelievably undemocratic. I think it's normal to swear allegiance to the head of state etc, though no issue with any party standing on a platform to change that. It doesn't concern me that much personally, though can see why others would on principle.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Anne Widdecombe?
    Yeah I think that agree with her or not she is pretty consistent and heartfelt in her opinions and stands by her beliefs and doesn't change like a weathervane.

It's not always the best tactic for one's career, but I do admire politicians who are like that sometimes.

I also think she comes across as a surprisingly pleasant lady when she is on the Jeremy vine show, which I catch from time to time.

Galloway definitely did support a Ireland with no partition. He went through a stage where he referred to Northern Ireland as the six counties.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...land-1.3182425