+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff begin contempt of court hearing against McKay

Cardiff begin contempt of court hearing against McKay

Re: Cardiff begin contempt of court hearing against McKay

It looks suspiciously like a delaying tactic to take the provision date beyond the end of the current tax year, at which point he may have been advised that he has a legitimate reason to destroy relevant records.

International

Think they can do what they want, send them all to jail see how they like that!

International

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    It looks suspiciously like a delaying tactic to take the provision date beyond the end of the current tax year, at which point he may have been advised that he has a legitimate reason to destroy relevant records.
    That will be pointed out in court and won't be allowed as a valid reason not to disclose.

It makes them look very guilty with lots to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    That will be pointed out in court and won't be allowed as a valid reason not to disclose.

It makes them look very guilty with lots to hide.
    Indeed, although they may have been relying on it not getting back to court quickly enough.

McKay agreeing out of court to supply us with the info we need - too good to be true ? Well, given the sort of people we are dealing with here - no surprise.

I wonder if Vincent Tan ever regrets listening to Warnock who appealed to him behind the backs of the Transfer Committee who had said no to the deal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    McKay agreeing out of court to supply us with the info we need - too good to be true ? Well, given the sort of people we are dealing with here - no surprise.

I wonder if Vincent Tan ever regrets listening to Warnock who appealed to him behind the backs of the Transfer Committee who had said no to the deal ?
    About a before the 'transfer' Sala was rated at a max 1 million pound player. Thanks to various and other low life on the make - it was inflated to 15 million.

The transfer committee should have been ruled on a majority rather than Warnock trying to change peoples minds (if that is what he tried to do).

Can t wait for the court cases to start and see what develops.

Anyone who thought we should just pay up and walk away now having second thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    About a before the 'transfer' Sala was rated at a max 1 million pound player. Thanks to various and other low life on the make - it was inflated to 15 million.

The transfer committee should have been ruled on a majority rather than Warnock trying to change peoples minds (if that is what he tried to do).

Anyone who thought we should just pay up and walk away now having second thoughts?
    I genuinely don't know any more.

Well, it is a fact that the Transfer Committee said no and Warnock them appealed directly to Tan. You can imagine him telling Tan that he’s the one with the experience, the promotions etc and that the Transfer Committee don’t know what they are doing. Tan, as the ultimate decision maker, decided to trust Warnock and not Messrs Dalman and Choo. The biggest sliding doors moment in CCFC history.

no way was Sala rated as a 1 million pound player. he'd scored like 50 goals in ligue 1 by that point

My view for what it's worth and has been since the beginning is we should have paid up and then chased the relevant people - this i assume would have saved money in terms of legal costs and also additional fines and embargoes

Never been sure whether we had to find out if the ruling was he was or wasn't our player before other avenues could be pursued

The biggest thing for me is that I have never seen any information or articles that have indicated that Warnock has ever been spoken to as part of the process and certainly never understood how the McKay twins got a contract during his time here - surely that needs some form of explanation ?
    Last edited by Nobody's Rep; 29-02-24 at 17:18. Reason: Typo

What is the word you missed out at the start after the words “About a”? Sala’s value shot up during the 18/19 season, he would have been valued well below what we paid for him at the back end of 17/28.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    no way was Sala rated as a 1 million pound player. he'd scored like 50 goals in ligue 1 by that point
    In 2017 he was valued at 2 million Euros - 2018 (Dec) he was valued at 16million Euros. So in 1 year there is that much increase.... and that price wasnt inflated by anyone...not buying that for a minute.

In 2017 he was valued at 2 million Euros - 2018 (Dec) he was valued at 16million Euros. So in 1 year there is that much increase.... and that price wasnt inflated by anyone...not buying that for a minute.
    I imagine 12 goals in 19 games in Ligue 1 probably had something to do with it

Add in the general desperation of the January window and the premium Premier League clubs pay and you have your £15m valuation

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

The fallout and collateral damage from this case will unfold as the case unravels the various’interest’.

There’ll be at least one documentary

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Add in the general desperation of the January window and the premium Premier League clubs pay and you have your £15m valuation
    Can you quote any other player that has had their value increase from 2million Euros to 16million Euros in the space of a year ? - maybe you can - but I cant think of anyone.

I also wouldnt in anyway compare Ligue 1 to being anywhere near as tough or challenging as the premier league. So to be - he was way way over valued

Can you quote any other player that has had their value increase from 2million Euros to 16million Euros in the space of a year ? - maybe you can - but I cant think of anyone.

I also wouldnt in anyway compare Ligue 1 to being anywhere near as tough or challenging as the premier league. So to be - he was way way over valued
    Enzo Fernandez. £10m to £106m in six months

Karlan Grant, the reverse valuation.

What’s the Coventry striker that went for 20m last season to Lisbon was it? Or somewhere in Portugal was being talked about for 100m

I’d be interested in Bobby Reid’s value in April 2017, having finished the season with 4 goals, compared to the £10m we paid for him in June 2018 after his first prolific 20+ goal season with The Wurzels.

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

People changing history, he was a £15million player as that's what we paid!

He would have kept us up 99.9% the 2nd best striker in France on goals scored first half of the season.

We missed out on a few points and Warnock was never the same because of the shock and possibly a feeling of guilt.

The hearing was supposed to be today. Is he in prison yet?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The hearing was supposed to be today. Is he in prison yet?
    We can only hope so !

Is there any news on what is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    Is there any news on what is happening?
    Would be a good update if anyone has seen anything in the press