+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff begin contempt of court hearing against McKay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff begin contempt of court hearing against McKay

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    In 2017 he was valued at 2 million Euros - 2018 (Dec) he was valued at 16million Euros. So in 1 year there is that much increase.... and that price wasnt inflated by anyone...not buying that for a minute.
    I imagine 12 goals in 19 games in Ligue 1 probably had something to do with it

Add in the general desperation of the January window and the premium Premier League clubs pay and you have your £15m valuation

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Add in the general desperation of the January window and the premium Premier League clubs pay and you have your £15m valuation
    Can you quote any other player that has had their value increase from 2million Euros to 16million Euros in the space of a year ? - maybe you can - but I cant think of anyone.

I also wouldnt in anyway compare Ligue 1 to being anywhere near as tough or challenging as the premier league. So to be - he was way way over valued

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Can you quote any other player that has had their value increase from 2million Euros to 16million Euros in the space of a year ? - maybe you can - but I cant think of anyone.

I also wouldnt in anyway compare Ligue 1 to being anywhere near as tough or challenging as the premier league. So to be - he was way way over valued
    What’s the Coventry striker that went for 20m last season to Lisbon was it? Or somewhere in Portugal was being talked about for 100m

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    What’s the Coventry striker that went for 20m last season to Lisbon was it? Or somewhere in Portugal was being talked about for 100m
    Viktor Gyokeres, who when I saw him play for Coventry was a decent player but not worth 100 million.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Viktor Gyokeres, who when I saw him play for Coventry was a decent player but not worth 100 million.
    this season he has 36 goals and 15 assists from 42 games across all competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    this season he has 36 goals and 15 assists from 42 games across all competitions
    That’s some record, it’ll be interesting to see if he can do that in the PL.

What were the time lines on the case?

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

People changing history, he was a £15million player as that's what we paid!

He would have kept us up 99.9% the 2nd best striker in France on goals scored first half of the season.

We missed out on a few points and Warnock was never the same because of the shock and possibly a feeling of guilt.