+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff City Goals - Jason Fowler - Football Genius

Re: Cardiff City Goals - Jason Fowler - Football Genius

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Agreed.

Fowler had ability but I think he lacked the pace and energy to play further up the leagues.
    I was calling Colwill Jason Fowler's lovechild when I saw him playing for the Academy years ago. I still would now, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I was calling Colwill Jason Fowler's lovechild when I saw him playing for the Academy years ago. I still would now, I think.
    Good shout is that. Where are you on the Development of Colwill?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good shout is that. Where are you on the Development of Colwill?
    He's been better this season but it's slow progress. It was this Saturday two years ago when he scored that great free kick against QPR, since then he's had one goal and one assist in the league. It's a poor return. I want him to succeed here but I'm never convinced it's going to happen, I'd love to be proved wrong though.

It's funny how a player like Fowler gets talked about as a legend here when he'd hardly have got a kick in the Championship if he was with us now. That's how it goes though, he's certainly not the only one you can say that about.

Jason Bowen was an enigma

Blowed hot and cold like so many naturally gifted players as they are often isolated from the game

Especially with us in those days being very physical in the lower leagues

The best moment from Bowen for me was comedy

He was down the touchline bob bank side taking on a defender

The bob bank shouted out for him to do the ayatollah , which he did

It completely confused the opponent and he danced past him towards the penalty area

Still makes me chuckle all these years later

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He wasnt even the best Jason who played for us around that time.
    Yes he was

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Cian Ashford scored one for our under-21s at Bristol City recently. Good luck to him doing this at first team level but it's a great goal all the same. It's at around 3.05 on here.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/video/highlig...ity-under-21s/
    Maybe the thought of that goal will be enough to persuade Bulut to give Ashford a league debut tomorrow? Have stranger things happened?

I think I’m right in saying that both the under 18s and 21s have done the double over the wurzels this season, what’s that line about things coming in threes?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe the thought of that goal will be enough to persuade Bulut to give Ashford a league debut tomorrow? Have stranger things happened?

I think I’m right in saying that both the under 18s and 21s have done the double over the wurzels this season, what’s that line about things coming in threes?
    It's the hope that kills you, you know that.

If Ashford scores a goal like that at 1-1 tomorrow it will be absolutely glorious. I'm prepared for the reality to be slightly more mundane though.