Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
Weather fantastic up here on the moon. Great views of Planet Earth!

The most recent polls (including the mega YouGov poll in the Telegraph of 14,000 people) have projected a Labour majority at the next GE of anything from 100 to 170 seats. A landslide.

I don't expect that. Even these Tories led by Sunak should be able to squeeze the Labour lead. But not even Labour lead by Starmer can blow it completely. I expect Labour to have 'a decent majority' of 30-50 seats.

I still intend to vote for the party led by the racist, cowardly, serial liar - but obviously without enthusiasm. Just opting for the least worst capable of forming a government. And voting for a sitting Labour MP who has been mostly OK.

The Galloway/Gaza effect could be a sizeable factor in narrowing Labour's lead. I don't see him holding Rochdale or any other insurgent candidates winning seats - but they will reduce the Labour vote in dozens of constituencies. And in response to the dull commentators who see it all through the prism of British Muslims - the disgust at Labour's Gaza (in fact Israel/Palestine) position goes way beyond one faith-based community. It won't be enough to change the outcome, but it could affect the size of the majority.

The threat of lost votes may even be enough for Labour's cynical number crunchers to change their position a bit more - but not from any point of principle or out of conviction.
I refer the rt hon colleague to my previous answer

Very small labour majority , and that's me being optimistic because I want the Tories out