+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    I thought it was a dreadful game between two very poor teams. You could say that about all three of the wins.
    Disagree. First half last night was pretty good and most people around me were happy at half time. We were positive and put them under pressure, created chances, played some nice football and could have been two or three up. Second half we sat back too much and started being over defensive for 35 mins, so that wasn’t good but the last 10 minutes we took back the initiative and played well again, keeping them in their half. Overall, I dont see how anyone can complain too much about any of that, although I agree that most of the second half was a difficult watch because of the amount of ball they had and chances they created. A definite improvement though and with 9 games to go we have more points than all of last season and are pretty safe in the table.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Wintle was one of our best players last night and is much better than some people make out on here.

International

I thought it was a dreadful game between two very poor teams. You could say that about all three of the wins.
    Very negative they had drawn with Leeds last game, beat Watford, lost to Hull, and beat Sunderland, They were in good form and we beat them relatively comfortably, two half-decent teams in good form, but we were solid and deserved the win, there were a lot of pluses for me.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Wintle was one of our best players last night and is much better than some people make out on here.
    I was a wintle hate watcher the first half of the season (when every1 was singing his name for some daft reason). Lately he has completely turned it around and last night was no exception. He was great for us and a fantastic pairing with Ralls.

I will never understand the views of most on this board. You criticize players when they start doing well but seem to ignore or love them when they are killing our playstyle

Atm the middle HAS to be between Ralls, Wintle or Turnbull in that order.

Disagree. First half last night was pretty good and most people around me were happy at half time. We were positive and put them under pressure, created chances, played some nice football and could have been two or three up. Second half we sat back too much and started being over defensive for 35 mins, so that wasn’t good but the last 10 minutes we took back the initiative and played well again, keeping them in their half. Overall, I dont see how anyone can complain too much about any of that, although I agree that most of the second half was a difficult watch because of the amount of ball they had and chances they created. A definite improvement though and with 9 games to go we have more points than all of last season and are pretty safe in the table.
    They were rubbish as were Bristol City, Blackburn and Stoke. But we have been a tiny bit better and rode our luck (see Ward’s appalling miss last night)

We should all be very happy with the recent points haul but anyone who thinks that we are somehow now playing well is deluding themselves.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    They were rubbish as were Bristol City, Blackburn and Stoke. But we have been a tiny bit better and rode our luck (see Ward’s appalling miss last night)

We should all be very happy with the recent points haul but anyone who thinks that we are somehow now playing well is deluding themselves.
    10th best team in the league, all teams have good and bad luck, but a striker for them not scoring for them is not luck, it's about him getting a chance and scoring or missing from it, no luck involved.

We had 2 shots in the first half.

The only bit of real quality I can recall in the first half is what lead to the goal, other than that it was dreadful. The play was so slow and ponderous 'Pass sideways, sideways, back to the keeper, hit it long' if Diédhiou did win the header, there was no one there to pick it up. I think Wilson-Esbrand has been a real good signing and he was always looking to get forward and make the overlap, but he was one of the few players to play with any urgency.

I'm happy with the wins, but I'm not deluded to ignore the fact we got three wins against three really poor teams by playing poorly.

The only bit of real quality I can recall in the first half is what lead to the goal, other than that it was dreadful. The play was so slow and ponderous 'Pass sideways, sideways, back to the keeper, hit it long' if Diédhiou did win the header, there was no one there to pick it up. I think Wilson-Esbrand has been a real good signing and he was always looking to get forward and make the overlap, but he was one of the few players to play with any urgency.

I'm happy with the wins, but I'm not deluded to ignore the fact we got three wins against three really poor teams by playing poorly.
    Exactly.