+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I thought we started off really well and scored an excellent team goal but then took our foot off the gas and let them come back into the game. As the game went on, I thought we were lucky that Huddersfield lacked any quality, otherwise they could have pinched an undeserved point. Good to see O’Dowda back and he looked really positive when he came on. I don’t know what’s happened to Tanner but he’s gone backwards and looks like he needs to regain his confidence. Where did the referee find so many bookings and a red card in a game, where that wasn’t a bad tackle, he was much too fussy for this level.
    Red card?

Cardiff claimed three consecutive wins for the first time since September and although happy that confidence has returned to his team, Bluebirds' boss Erol Bulut says he is not thinking of the play-offs right now

https://nation.cymru/sport/erol-bulu...fidence-again/

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Red card?
    Yes, the City goalkeeper coach was sent off after Wintle was pushed to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I thought today was a marked improvement over recent games. We moved with much more pace and purpose and we defended well. I don't understand why Colwill didn't take his chance to put us 2-0 up he did all the hard work but shot when had nothing but open space in front of him. I think we can expect better from Bulut in the future. Yes, he's defensive, but was obvious today that he wants us to move the ball around quickly and get things moving faster upfield. You could see today that we still have players that aren't too comfortable on the ball and can't seem to think quickly enough, but all in all, I was much happier with today's performance. I hope the improvement continues. And I hope can make some decent permanent signings this summer.
    To be fair to bulut, he does have a philosophy, a way of playing, and he wont compromise it. I've been very critical of him and his style, but i suppose his belief and character can't be questioned, he isn't for changing or reacting. Now whether that's a good thing remains to be seen. I begrudgingly admire it, although i can understand why others don't or wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Yes, the City goalkeeper coach was sent off after Wintle was pushed to the ground.
    Ah OK - I forgot that.

I thought I had missed a player getting red carded. The Huddersfield press (though not their club match report) were suggesting Ng was lucky not to be sent off (after being booked for something in the area)!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Agreed.

He made an immediate impact in a very short space of time.
    Thought Colwill was quite exciting for the 15 minutes he came on.

o'Dowda looked confident but clearly needs minutes under his belt.

Well the last 3 games have reminded me that I’ll take wins over entertainment and fair play to the team for grinding out the last 3 results.

The relative positivity on this thread would’ve been a bit different mind if Danny ward was a championship level striker. Beyond the 3 points it wasn’t a great watch. If we can bore the life out of the crowd and snatch 3 points off Ipswich I’ll take that again though.

On a side note what were all the torches in the crowd about, making a bit of entertainment?

A fortnight ago anyone suggesting that we could win three on the trot would have been in danger of being carted away. So credit must be given to players & staff. The ‘relegation’ hurdle has surely been successfully negotiated. A gradual step up in quality must be attempted now, if results go tits up because of a more adventurous approach the management shouldn’t be hung out to dry. Bulut has achieved the season’s main objective, safety relatively early. He has carte blanche now to tinker & experiment with no criticism, whether he does or not may be his downfall in fans eyes.

Would love us to ‘go for it’ in forthcoming games, if it fails , so be it.

I thought it was a dreadful game between two very poor teams. You could say that about all three of the wins.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    really? im a big fan of colwill but that was the first time i felt he was trying too hard looked a bit awkward

so happy to see odowda on tho, i really want to see him play with colins as they were fire in the first few games

Notice the HUGE difference having an actual left winger on makes? grant was so depressingly backwards most of this match (yet again)
    I thought he carried the ball forward, run down the clock, kept possession well. I thought all the subs had a positive impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    To be fair to bulut, he does have a philosophy, a way of playing, and he wont compromise it. I've been very critical of him and his style, but i suppose his belief and character can't be questioned, he isn't for changing or reacting. Now whether that's a good thing remains to be seen. I begrudgingly admire it, although i can understand why others don't or wouldn't.
    I think has a style of play that he wants, and that he's not going to stop until we start doing it well. I hope that's the case anyway.

2nd half, I thought that we were abysmal.
    Sitting back and Inviting Huddersfield on.
    Great points return over the last few games…but let’s not pretend that we were convincing in victory.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I thought he carried the ball forward, run down the clock, kept possession well. I thought all the subs had a positive impact.
    One of the few occasions this season when you could say that. Bristol was another. For most of the season our subs have made things worse and in some cases lost us points. Probably a reflection on the previous weakness of our bench but also some awful tactics. Bit weird of Bulut to increase our attacking threat late in the game but he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    I thought it was a dreadful game between two very poor teams. You could say that about all three of the wins.
    That's the spirit!

That last 10 minutes was probably the first bit of excitement in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    That last 10 minutes was probably the first bit of excitement in 2024
    I’m happy with the result, but we definitely have to up our game to get that elusive second goal.
    The subs were right, probably a little bit late, we have two tough matches ahead and with us now being virtually guaranteed Championship football for next season let’s hope that we can play with a bit more confidence and freedom in the last ten games!

Having said that I would be happy with a draw on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    That's the spirit!
    Yes, let’s just stick our heads in the sand, ignore all context and pretend that we are suddenly brilliant.

Great!

The league is again awful this year apart from the run away leaders.

Preston who are in 9th were dreadful.

I've seen some games this season that would look bad in league 2. QPR comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's wholly reliant on the front 4. It wouldn't be so bad if we pressed the opposition all over and won the ball back high up the pitch. My main gripe with his style is that it is so bloody slow. We win the ball, and it goes backwards and the centre halves have it for 2 minutes. It is a weird half way house between being direct and possession, which nullifies us in an attacking sense. There were a few occasions last night where Grant and COD counter attacked though. If we had more of that, it would help a lot

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The league is again awful this year apart from the run away leaders.

Preston who are in 9th were dreadful.

I've seen some games this season that would look bad in league 2. QPR comes to mind.
    Preston aren't great but they scored against us and we could have played all week against them and not scored. Once they scored they managed the game quite well, too.

Re L2 comment, I don't think people realise how big the gulf is. Rotherham would walk L2 with their eyes closed.

the clickbait comic is back in the thread

That's the spirit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Yes, let’s just stick our heads in the sand, ignore all context and pretend that we are suddenly brilliant.

Great!
    It isn't a choice of 'very poor' or 'brilliant'.

Most people on this thread are describing a team/squad/manager somewhere in the middle.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I was hoping for a 2-1 win. Whenever I see Wintle in the starting line up, my heart sinks. We'll get a 1-1 draw tonight then
    Wintle was one of our best players last night and is much better than some people make out on here.

One of the few occasions this season when you could say that. Bristol was another. For most of the season our subs have made things worse and in some cases lost us points. Probably a reflection on the previous weakness of our bench but also some awful tactics. Bit weird of Bulut to increase our attacking threat late in the game but he did.
    Exactly what they wouldn't have been expecting and it worked.