+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

A job well done I thought. 3 wins on the bounce. Defence looking much more solid. Can’t complain really..

Well, other than the miss from Danny Ward you'd say that was another excellent defensive performance, if a bit uninspiring going forward again. Hopefully he'll play some of the kids and be a bit more adventurous now we've hit the 50 point mark and pretty much safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Been working this evening, but a win's a win. Danny Gabbidon's comment "I've seen pub football better than this" was an eye opener. Surely it wasn't that bad?
    Just about.....another very uninspiring 1-0 win.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Colwill has been really good since coming on
    If Turnbull is the answer, what on earth is the question?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Well, other than the miss from Danny Ward you'd say that was another excellent defensive performance, if a bit uninspiring going forward again. Hopefully he'll play some of the kids and be a bit more adventurous now we've hit the 50 point mark and pretty much safe.
    There's always the play offs (cough).

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Just about.....another very uninspiring 1-0 win.....
    Agreed. I’m happy about the points tally from the last 4 games but the opposition has been appalling which goes some way to explaining why we are (unbelievably) still only 7 points from the play offs.

I suspect that the next 2 games will prove more challenging.

A comfortable win, probably should have got a second. Subs mostly did well when they came on, ODowda looks such an assured player when playing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    A comfortable win, probably should have got a second. Subs mostly did well when they came on, ODowda looks such an assured player when playing.
    Agreed.

He made an immediate impact in a very short space of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Agreed. I’m happy about the points tally from the last 4 games but the opposition has been appalling which goes some way to explaining why we are (unbelievably) still only 7 points from the play offs.

I suspect that the next 2 games will prove more challenging.
    I don't want to distract from winning 3 games on the bounce because, even if it is bottom half fodder, it's still not that easy to do in the Championship. There's always results that you don't expect, so credit to the players and management.

But, if we somehow managed to win the next two, we could, bizarrely, even thing of the playoffs. What a strange division!!

That wasn't a bad performance. The passing was better, quicker etc, as was the movement. We lack quality in the final third. Some poor decisions in the 2nd half in terms of final ball, although we don't get bodies in the box. Colwill should have done better when things opened up for him, as should have siopis. That stuff makes a difference and would have put a different complexion on things. That bit of quality doesn't really exist from players who are supposed to possess it in the final third. The touch and cross from Bowler was brilliant. Great finish as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    If Turnbull is the answer, what on earth is the question?
    Why’s he on free kicks? NG should be the only person taking them.

Just seems mad that we find ourselves above teams like Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Blackburn who I've perceived to have been having a better season than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That wasn't a bad performance. The passing was better, quicker etc, as was the movement. We lack quality in the final third. Some poor decisions in the 2nd half in terms of final ball, although we don't get bodies in the box. Colwill should have done better when things opened up for him, as should have siopis. That stuff makes a difference and would have put a different complexion on things. That bit of quality doesn't really exist from players who are supposed to possess it in the final third. The touch and cross from Bowler was brilliant. Great finish as well.
    Agreed- I thought we looked slightly more dynamic with the ball tonight, even if things petered out in the final third.

I enjoyed the last 10 minutes, and with a goal scored from open play and 3 points, that was a relatively good evening's work from City.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Sky Sports Highlights are available - https://www.skysports.com/football/l...#liveblog-body

50 points now - more than last season's tally and just 3 short of the season before.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    Agreed- I thought we looked slightly more dynamic with the ball tonight, even if things petered out in the final third.

I enjoyed the last 10 minutes, and with a goal scored from open play and 3 points, that was a relatively good evening's work from City.
    Yup, and i'll take that, Because tonight there was some structure and shape, it was thought out and delivered in terms of result and a more convincing performance, more energy etc. people may not like the football, i don't, but i'm not going to be to critical when i can see how something is working, even if i don't like it. Credit to Bulut and the players tonight. With a bit more quality we'd have added a couple more. The concern, Disappointment was the lack of bodies in the box when we were in a good position. I don't think that will change under Bulut though.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post

Yeah, I actually enjoyed the last 10 mins!

Was it because the game became more open as Huddersfield had to push on or did Sio, Tanner, Colwill and O’Dowda really make a difference as I thought that they all played well when they came on?

an excellent solid performance well done city deserved the 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Colwill has been really good since coming on
    really? im a big fan of colwill but that was the first time i felt he was trying too hard looked a bit awkward

so happy to see odowda on tho, i really want to see him play with colins as they were fire in the first few games

Notice the HUGE difference having an actual left winger on makes? grant was so depressingly backwards most of this match (yet again)

Delighted with the win. Good solid performance but we conceded so much possession in the 2nd half it was embarrassing. If we play like that v Ipswich they will batter us.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    really? im a big fan of colwill but that was the first time i felt he was trying too hard looked a bit awkward

so happy to see odowda on tho, i really want to see him play with colins as they were fire in the first few games

Notice the HUGE difference having an actual left winger on makes? grant was so depressingly backwards most of this match (yet again)
    ODowda's cameo showed what we have been missing all season on the left flank.

Uninspiring seems to be a well used word tonight and I agree. Most of that game was painful once again. Both teams looked disinterested. The last 10 minutes were a breath of fresh air but we deserve to witness much more than we have been fed this season. I’m not talking about results, it’s the desire to get us off our seats I want to see more of. If you weren’t there chatting to your mates it would be a real effort to turn up.

I thought we started off really well and scored an excellent team goal but then took our foot off the gas and let them come back into the game. As the game went on, I thought we were lucky that Huddersfield lacked any quality, otherwise they could have pinched an undeserved point. Good to see O’Dowda back and he looked really positive when he came on. I don’t know what’s happened to Tanner but he’s gone backwards and looks like he needs to regain his confidence. Where did the referee find so many bookings and a red card in a game, where that wasn’t a bad tackle, he was much too fussy for this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Uninspiring seems to be a well used word tonight and I agree. Most of that game was painful once again. Both teams looked disinterested. The last 10 minutes were a breath of fresh air but we deserve to witness much more than we have been fed this season. I’m not talking about results, it’s the desire to get us off our seats I want to see more of. If you weren’t there chatting to your mates it would be a real effort to turn up.
    Agreed.

I thought today was a marked improvement over recent games. We moved with much more pace and purpose and we defended well. I don't understand why Colwill didn't take his chance to put us 2-0 up he did all the hard work but shot when had nothing but open space in front of him. I think we can expect better from Bulut in the future. Yes, he's defensive, but was obvious today that he wants us to move the ball around quickly and get things moving faster upfield. You could see today that we still have players that aren't too comfortable on the ball and can't seem to think quickly enough, but all in all, I was much happier with today's performance. I hope the improvement continues. And I hope can make some decent permanent signings this summer.