Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Yesterday was quite interesting for me. Now i'm prepared to be corrected on this observation as my memory is terrible and i don't store information very well or take much notice for the best part. But i'm going to call yesterdays performance a 'Complete' performance from a Bulut team. A complete performance in terms of style, shape and set up. Nobody played poorly yesterday, interestingly, nobody stood out, did anything that could be remembered for a week or so after the game. No creativity(And i mean creativity withing the players skill set) No imagination, no movement, nothing much to see. Plenty of hard work, plenty of shape, plenty of long balls, plenty of passing the ball about in front of the opposition. All standard stuff from Bulut. And a goal from a set piece.

Bristol City were poor, they lacked imagination and craft in possession. The way they lined up suited us, they played in front of us. We dealt with it in a way that a bulut team deals with that kind of style and we got our goal from the set piece. The final 10 minutes were a bit hairy, as always when the opposition pushes a couple of players on, especially in wider positions. We rode our luck but were never prepared to exploit any space conceded by Bristol city while they searched for the equaliser.

So, for me, that was a Bulut performance, and one i have no doubt will have him grinning fro ear to ear. It's not for me, not anymore, i want to see something that gets me on my feet, and i'm pretty certain that whoever Bulut brings in in terms of playing staff, then the shape, formation and style of play would stay the same.
We've been stuck in a pragmatic mentality for 4 seasons now. the table says were 'average', yet our football - and the level of excitement it brings - is amongst the worst. Birmingham City, QPR, are playing much more attractive football, creating good chances from open play and scoring excellent goals, yet they are just 3 points outside the bottom 3. Unless we are relegated and 'start from scratch', I can't see us ever getting back to the great football of 15+ years ago. I'd be quite happy to get back to the football played in Warnock's promotion season.