+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Manager situation and the constant changing over recent years

International

Re: Manager situation and the constant changing over recent years

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Fair play, you've posted some bollocks on here recently and that's up there with any of it.

1. I hope morale is boosted.
    2. We'll see about our defence issue when we've played the next few fixtures, not teams down the bottom.
    3. See .2
    4. Results and form has bumped up by playing some poor Championship sides. I'm not knocking that, but a bit of realism here.
    5. Football and passing is high quality in the areas that matter. Yes, I've never seen such a creative City team. Ipswich will be quaking in their boots.
    6. Bullshit.
    7. Maybe. This run of 3 wins against crap teams has indeed been achieved without him, as was the dross we suffered for months.

If we make the top 6 I'll donate £100 to any charity you choose. How about if we don't make the top 6, you do the same?
    You were predicting 20th weren't you, how about you pay £100 to charity if we finish 19th or above?

Go back on the threads and I think you’ll find I predicted somewhere near 8th. Happy days. Party time looming.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    You were predicting 20th weren't you, how about you pay £100 to charity if we finish 19th or above?
    Nope, I've always maintained we aren't a top 6 side. I don't think we're a top half side, either, but with the crap in the division I might end up wrong there.

Anyway, you're on the optimist train. Backing out of that now?

You must be the saddest, most boring, negative pie-muncher in the City pub. I bet kids love you at Christmas.

I don’t think you even have the self-awareness to recognise how miserable and negative you come across sometimes.

You’re like someone permanently praying for chaos. If you won ten million on the lottery I swear your first reaction would be “How long will it be I wonder before I lose it all?” or “Oh I wonder who will break in and nick it all”.

I reckon the only time you look as relatively happy as other people is at a funeral. You and Sludge are like the Masters of Misery on here.

Cheers up for once. Life isn’t a rehearsal.

At last someone with some positivity, yes things are on the way up, maybe not that far up though
    Why does asking questions about style of play, the manager, and the direction of the club have to be negative?

At last someone with some positivity, yes things are on the way up, maybe not that far up though
    He's completely potty but I agree with the general sentiment

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Why does asking questions about style of play, the manager, and the direction of the club have to be negative?
    You've been busy posting away this afternoon but forgot this little reply....

It's like so many things on here and social media - you have to be on one side or the other, views are polarised.

I enjoy discussing football. Things that go well and how I, and others, think things could be better. Cards on the table, I struggle to see any improvement from last season, other than scoring from set pieces. To me that's not us improving our ability as a football team, it's just being able to compete when a dead ball is being delivered. Our conversion rate from set pieces is ridiculously good, I haven't done the stats, but I suspect it is the best in the whole league. At some point that source will dry up. There's also the issue of players thinking we'll just keep scoring from set pieces and actually playing to create them, more than trying to create other chances. It's natural. How often would players try to set up Harry Kane, Alan Shearer, Michael Owen etc, because they knew there was a great likelihood of the ball ending up in the net.

I'm fascinated by discussion and stats of all sorts.

What I have no interest in is fans now blindly saying all is great and castigating anyone who dares make any comments to the contrary, but neither do I have any interest in fans saying everything is shit.

International

No constructive criticism can be helpful, I did come on after a good performance and a solid win against an inform team, the third win on the bounce, and expected the board to be reasonably happy, but was surprised at the negativity especially about we are scoring the wrong type of goals.

Generally, there are quite a few on here whose expectations are ridiculous, we were a relegation team in waiting, lost our three best players and under a transfer embargo, and they seem unhappy that we are only tenth and are not as fluid as Man City.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's like so many things on here and social media - you have to be on one side or the other, views are polarised.

I enjoy discussing football. Things that go well and how I, and others, think things could be better. Cards on the table, I struggle to see any improvement from last season, other than scoring from set pieces. To me that's not us improving our ability as a football team, it's just being able to compete when a dead ball is being delivered. Our conversion rate from set pieces is ridiculously good, I haven't done the stats, but I suspect it is the best in the whole league. At some point that source will dry up. There's also the issue of players thinking we'll just keep scoring from set pieces and actually playing to create them, more than trying to create other chances. It's natural. How often would players try to set up Harry Kane, Alan Shearer, Michael Owen etc, because they knew there was a great likelihood of the ball ending up in the net.

I'm fascinated by discussion and stats of all sorts.

What I have no interest in is fans now blindly saying all is great and castigating anyone who dares make any comments to the contrary, but neither do I have any interest in fans saying everything is shit.
    Things have improved significantly, Bulut started winning with goals from open play but they reduced as teams learned how to stop us especially when the best players for opening up the defence got injured. He adapted the team to suit the players he had which made us hard to beat and worked on alternatives while trying to get Colwill up to speed. We've improved and by adding Turner, Jay-Jew, and O'Dowda we will see more space for Bowler and a little less reliance on set-piece goals.