+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Understandable that some City fans want to see some football?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Understandable that some City fans want to see some football?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Sad to say I think this will only continue with Bulut at the helm. I am sure if he is with us next season and he has a decent amount to spend in the summer window then he will get us up near the play-offs. Do I really want to watch Bulut-Ball though?
    My post wasn't aimed at Bulut, but the general way we've played over several seasons now. I think it would be safe to say that our style of play, with a reliance on set pieces, is one where we know our limitations but can still grind out results in another way. It's been, roughly, a recurring theme for every manager. How can we assemble a squad on the cheap that won't have much attacking flair, but can battle and scrap for results, yet the messages from on high were saying we would have had a good chance of promotion if we made the playoffs. Crikey, this City team would make Sheff Utd look like Man City if we fluked a promotion.

Re: Understandable that some City fans want to see some football?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    My post wasn't aimed at Bulut, but the general way we've played over several seasons now. I think it would be safe to say that our style of play, with a reliance on set pieces, is one where we know our limitations but can still grind out results in another way. It's been, roughly, a recurring theme for every manager. How can we assemble a squad on the cheap that won't have much attacking flair, but can battle and scrap for results, yet the messages from on high were saying we would have had a good chance of promotion if we made the playoffs. Crikey, this City team would make Sheff Utd look like Man City if we fluked a promotion.
    What's particularly annoying is that we wasted our parachute payments on playing as a team which knew its limitations. Nuts.