+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield United.

Re: Sheffield United.

Feel a bit sorry for them to be honest. They have been a complete embarrassment, but I do admire that they haven't gone the Forest (or even Burnley) routes of spending a shed load of money to be pretty much in the same position.

Football feels like it's become more distorted even in the five years since we were last in the top flight, and personally I'd have preferred the 'big clubs' had all disappeared into the european glory hunters league, which could have allowed for a reform of the domestic league model creating a fairer system for all. It'll never happen as long as the rich boys club are present.

No team outside of that group of super rich teams will sustain a period amongst them. Leicester got themselves relegated, and whilst I hope Villa deny one of them a spot in the top 4, it won't last and they'll be back down amongst it.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We'd have stayed up with Sala.
    Pull your trousers down Vincent Tan. They are stopping the ciculation to your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Didn’t we get to 36 points? This lot will be lucky to get to 20….
    34 and that was with a last day of the season victory at Old Trafford when the pressure was off and we were already relegated. Warnock finally let the shackles off that day, wehter he would have if there was something riding on it im not so sure.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Pull your trousers down Vincent Tan. They are stopping the ciculation to your brain.
    We would have for sure!!!

International

34 and that was with a last day of the season victory at Old Trafford when the pressure was off and we were already relegated. Warnock finally let the shackles off that day, wehter he would have if there was something riding on it im not so sure.
    Sala ruined him, he didn't know his arse from his elbow after that, that's part of the reason we would have stayed up, plus having the second-best goalscoring Sriker in France that season.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Feel a bit sorry for them to be honest. They have been a complete embarrassment, but I do admire that they haven't gone the Forest (or even Burnley) routes of spending a shed load of money to be pretty much in the same position.

Football feels like it's become more distorted even in the five years since we were last in the top flight, and personally I'd have preferred the 'big clubs' had all disappeared into the european glory hunters league, which could have allowed for a reform of the domestic league model creating a fairer system for all. It'll never happen as long as the rich boys club are present.

No team outside of that group of super rich teams will sustain a period amongst them. Leicester got themselves relegated, and whilst I hope Villa deny one of them a spot in the top 4, it won't last and they'll be back down amongst it.
    They were walking out after ten minutes, I bet they wish they hadn't gone up.

Sala ruined him, he didn't know his arse from his elbow after that, that's part of the reason we would have stayed up, plus having the second-best goalscoring Sriker in France that season.
    Not so sure about that - we picked up 15 points in final 15 games after Sala's death - that's not that much of a dramatic drop off in form compared to the first half and a bit.

They were walking out after ten minutes, I bet they wish they hadn't gone up.
    100%, I'd personally never turn down an opportunity to see Cardiff in the top flight but it's very rarely worth the actual prize of being there.

He let them go out and enjoy the day. If we'd needed a result I have no faith we would have got one.

We managed 10 wins. 5 were by a single goal, 5 by 2 goals.

17 of our 24 defeats were by more than one goal. Of the 7 games we lost by 1 goal we led once in total.

After we won at Leicester, 4 of our last 5 wins were all 2-0. All of our defeats after that, bar perhaps the Chelsea game, were all pretty convincing as well. It wasn't as if we were narrowly losing matches. Sala wouldn't have kept us up.

Not so sure about that - we picked up 15 points in final 15 games after Sala's death - that's not that much of a dramatic drop off in form compared to the first half and a bit.
    In fact thats a better PPG return than the previous 23 games. But lets not let facts get in the way.

plus having the second-best goalscoring Sriker in France that season.
    Why dont you deal in facts instead of making things up.

The match last night reinforced my belief that any talk of us getting into the playoffs and eventual promotion would be utterly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    The gap is growing all the time, but in this particular case really is a blatant attempt to pocket the money from their owners, you'd be absolutely fuming as a fan. At least we gave Warnock and Malky some money to spend and we were competitive in most games.

Their best player is a very good Championship player, but a Championship player none the less in Hamer. They went with Chris Wilder as an attempt to stay up despite the fact he left them marooned at the bottom of the table the first time around. You look at that squad and you genuinely wonder if they'd even be top half in the Championship next year. Shocking.
    I think they went with Chris Wilder with next season already in mind. But the model now is to build slowly, play quick football and keep improving your playing staff as you go. The Warnock days of smash and grab are gone. You've got to be good and know your potential while you're on your way up. And then it's STILL hard to stay there and build for a few seasons.

Since the start of the year Sheffield United are the joint 4th top scorers

At Sheffield United's ground!!

I suppose it’s like when people say we would have went down if it wasn’t for Readings 10 points deduction. The games just would have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Any side with an odious scumbag such as mcburnie deserves to get smashed every week and not a big fan of wilder either

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I suppose it’s like when people say we would have went down if it wasn’t for Readings 10 points deduction. The games just would have been different.
    Exactly….we were “safe” with 5 games to go last season.

It's catching in South Yorkshire! Rotherham 4 down approaching HT.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think some have forgotten that, on March 18th, our game was postponed at Rotherham with us winning. Had we gone on to win, we'd have been 6 points clear of the bottom 3 and safe earlier in the campaign.

They have the same points as Burnley though but Kompany always gets a pass, yeah they have not been mullered as bad but Burnley spent £70 mill this season

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    They have the same points as Burnley though but Kompany always gets a pass, yeah they have not been mullered as bad but Burnley spent £70 mill this season
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Burnley have spent nearly £160 million in the last two seasons, compared to just over 60 million from the Blades. You're right they have got a pass, probably because Kompany is Pep's mate and they try to 'play the right way'.

Burnley have spent nearly £160 million in the last two seasons, compared to just over 60 million from the Blades. You're right they have got a pass, probably because Kompany is Pep's mate and they try to 'play the right way'.
    Remember all the interviews and press and podcasts etc all pre season saying how impressed they were with kompany and he was off to spurs/taking over from pep etc.....

Actually quite funny how awful they have been yet yep he totally gets a pass from everyone.

As someone else said we were awful both seasons in the Premier league but still did much better than Burnley or shef u have done.

Does anyone still want Craig Bellamy in as manager?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Does anyone still want Craig Bellamy in as manager?
    I would..