+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheffield United.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sheffield United.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I suppose it’s like when people say we would have went down if it wasn’t for Readings 10 points deduction. The games just would have been different.
    Exactly….we were “safe” with 5 games to go last season.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I suppose it’s like when people say we would have went down if it wasn’t for Readings 10 points deduction. The games just would have been different.
    I think some have forgotten that, on March 18th, our game was postponed at Rotherham with us winning. Had we gone on to win, we'd have been 6 points clear of the bottom 3 and safe earlier in the campaign.

So bad they've resorted to karaoke for the second half.

McBurnie substituted

Apparently he told his team mates they were still in it as he can’t count past 4

Just 81% possession and 20 shots for Arsenal so far.

Interesting that Arsenal’s goal difference is better than both Liverpool’s & Man City’s. Could be crucial.

Last season's championship was very poor, we would have struggled to be mid-table in L1, luckily there were even worse-run clubs than us.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Interesting that Arsenal’s goal difference is better than both Liverpool’s & Man City’s. Could be crucial.
    I'd love to see Arsenal break the monopoly of those two, unlikely to happen though unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    +6 better than Liverpool but Liverpool still have Sheffield United to play at Anfield so could easily wipe out that +6 in one game the way Sheffield United are playing.

They would have been better off asking the Premier League and EFL last May to let them stay in the championship for the 23/24 season. Give them some sort of monetary award for winning promotion and in lieu of future parachuite payments because they have been an embarrasment to themselves and the league.

Minus 50 goal difference after 27 games. Whats the point. Im shocked they have managed to get 13 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    We might not have stayed up either time, but at least we were never spanked like that when we were in the premier league.
    If I remember correctly, our worst defeat first time round was 4-0 to Sunderland of all teams.

As for last time, losing 5-0 to Man City was our worst result, then 5-1 to Utd and a couple of 4-1 defeats.

Sheffield Utd are on another level entirely. Losing 8-0, 6-0 and 5-0 on 4 separate occasions with nearly 1/3rd of the season left to go.

International

The three teams that came down in the Championship are still much better than the three teams that went up.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Losing 8-0, 6-0 and 5-0 on 4 separate occasions
    Who do they think they are - us at Preston?

Feel a bit sorry for them to be honest. They have been a complete embarrassment, but I do admire that they haven't gone the Forest (or even Burnley) routes of spending a shed load of money to be pretty much in the same position.

Football feels like it's become more distorted even in the five years since we were last in the top flight, and personally I'd have preferred the 'big clubs' had all disappeared into the european glory hunters league, which could have allowed for a reform of the domestic league model creating a fairer system for all. It'll never happen as long as the rich boys club are present.

No team outside of that group of super rich teams will sustain a period amongst them. Leicester got themselves relegated, and whilst I hope Villa deny one of them a spot in the top 4, it won't last and they'll be back down amongst it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Feel a bit sorry for them to be honest. They have been a complete embarrassment, but I do admire that they haven't gone the Forest (or even Burnley) routes of spending a shed load of money to be pretty much in the same position.

Football feels like it's become more distorted even in the five years since we were last in the top flight, and personally I'd have preferred the 'big clubs' had all disappeared into the european glory hunters league, which could have allowed for a reform of the domestic league model creating a fairer system for all. It'll never happen as long as the rich boys club are present.

No team outside of that group of super rich teams will sustain a period amongst them. Leicester got themselves relegated, and whilst I hope Villa deny one of them a spot in the top 4, it won't last and they'll be back down amongst it.
    They were walking out after ten minutes, I bet they wish they hadn't gone up.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    They were walking out after ten minutes, I bet they wish they hadn't gone up.
    100%, I'd personally never turn down an opportunity to see Cardiff in the top flight but it's very rarely worth the actual prize of being there.

The match last night reinforced my belief that any talk of us getting into the playoffs and eventual promotion would be utterly ridiculous.

Since the start of the year Sheffield United are the joint 4th top scorers

At Sheffield United's ground!!

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    They have the same points as Burnley though but Kompany always gets a pass, yeah they have not been mullered as bad but Burnley spent £70 mill this season
    Good point.

Does anyone still want Craig Bellamy in as manager?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I would..

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I do.

Burnley have bought some quality young players though who will either get them straight back up or be sold on for close to what they paid for them.

I’m surprised they have been so poor and Kompany isn’t ready for this level but they will be in a far better position than Sheffield United moving forward IMO.