+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just 2 points between 16th and 23rd

Just 2 points between 16th and 23rd

Plymouth on 40 points in 16th and Sheffield Wednesday on 38 points in 23rd.

Swansea just above in 15th on 42.

Thank god we got those 7 points last week or we would be right in the middle of that.

45 points would have kept you up last season. This season likely to be much higher than that as everyone got at least 10 games left so almost certainly will be over 50.

We only got 53 points in 21/22 and 49 in 22/23......

Re: Just 2 points between 16th and 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Plymouth on 40 points in 16th and Sheffield Wednesday on 38 points in 23rd.

Swansea just above in 15th on 42.

Thank god we got those 7 points last week or we would be right in the middle of that.

45 points would have kept you up last season. This season likely to be much higher than that as everyone got at least 10 games left so almost certainly will be over 50.

We only got 53 points in 21/22 and 49 in 22/23......
    Yep, that's how I see it, 50+ points to avoid relegation by the look of it. Stoke having a bad run, Plymouth Hudders and Brum not doing much better and are being dragged in. Sheff Weds and QPR making a hell.of a fight of it when they both looked gone not so long ago
    I will be glad if and when we get to 53pts. Think we will be safe then.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Yep, that's how I see it, 50+ points to avoid relegation by the look of it. Stoke having a bad run, Plymouth Hudders and Brum not doing much better and are being dragged in. Sheff Weds and QPR making a hell.of a fight of it when they both looked gone not so long ago
    One positive way to look at it is that ALL the teams currently on 38/39 points will probably need to win at least 3 of their remaining games to overtake us even if we didn't get another point. Not all of them will have a barnstorming finish to the season and remember, they'll be taking points off each other at some point. I'll stick my head on the block and say we'll finish with 61-65 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    One positive way to look at it is that ALL the teams currently on 38/39 points will probably need to win at least 3 of their remaining games to overtake us even if we didn't get another point. Not all of them will have a barnstorming finish to the season and remember, they'll be taking points off each other at some point. I'll stick my head on the block and say we'll finish with 61-65 points.
    Not so much sticking your head on the block more just predicting we will carry on as we are?

47 points in 35 games is 1.34 a game which is what we have so far this season.

1.34 x11 games left is 14.74 more points.

Which takes us to 61/62 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Actually looking at last 5 games form, the 7/8 teams above Sheffield Wednesday have been doing fairly well. It's more the case that Wednesday have caught up with the pack..

Unless it's at our expense I certainly hope Wednesday stay up

Grand old club

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Grand old club
    I have a close friend who's a Wednesday fan so I want to see them stay up too. On the same basis I'd like to see United drop down, so I'm likely to be at least halfway happy at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I have a close friend who's a Wednesday fan so I want to see them stay up too. On the same basis I'd like to see United drop down, so I'm likely to be at least halfway happy at the end of the season.
    I think Wednesday fans have generally been a good bunch on our meetings

Not so keen on the blades

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Grand old club
    Robbing shitty place, horrible ground, horrible attitude towards away fans

We were told at the fans meeting on Monday, that next season Sheffield Wednesday will be charging away fans £47 to £51