+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2022-23 Accounts now published

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2022-23 Accounts now published

I looked at it briefly a couple of days ago and apologise for not having the exact figures to hand, but I notice a bit of window dressing of the balance sheet with the valuation of the stadium up £11 million to I think £86 million. If we went tits up who on earth would pay £86 mil for a sports stadium? I’m sure there must be a covenant with the the council that it must remain a sports stadium, but maybe I’m just naive, but how can a stadium be worth £86mil?

Re: 2022-23 Accounts now published

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I looked at it briefly a couple of days ago and apologise for not having the exact figures to hand, but I notice a bit of window dressing of the balance sheet with the valuation of the stadium up £11 million to I think £86 million. If we went tits up who on earth would pay £86 mil for a sports stadium? I’m sure there must be a covenant with the the council that it must remain a sports stadium, but maybe I’m just naive, but how can a stadium be worth £86mil?
    The valuation will be based on the income the stadium generates. If those incomes have changed significantly then they can revalue it.