+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 IPSWICH TOWN. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 IPSWICH TOWN. Match thread

LGFM! Get in. Bring on the Jacks.

Best performance since the start of the season.

Thought we deserved it.

Not sure why he persists with Bowler. Waste of a player.

Wish he would trust Colwill and start him, after a shaky 5 minutes, everything went through him.

Them taking Kieffer off cost them, as he was winning every ball towards the last 10 minutes spell before he came off.

So pleased to see O'Dowda back and getting the winner.

O'Dowda made a huge difference.....and also pleased to see that after we equalised we did NOT sit back happy with a point.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v IPSWICH TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    Absolutely.

No doubt DML, who sits in self-appointed judgement on which posters are not real fans, can barely control his excitement that we have stopped relegation-threatened Stoke and Huddersfield from playing in our recent home matches, or that we stifled 14th placed Bristol City from producing the scintillating football that every championship denizen knows they are capable of.

It's a 6 hour round trip to home games for me and the thick end of 150 quid for tickets fuel etc. If the footballs sh*t, I'll allow myself the luxury of saying as much on thismessageboard. I don't expect miracles, but some decent football would be nice.
    I wasn't even commenting of on one of your posts but you appear to have taken it as a personal insult. However, if you recognise yourself in my description of someone as being negative for no reason, then by all means carry on.

What utter rubbish. You need to adjust the contrast on your tv.

Anyone on this board who thinks that Wintle cant play needs to be made to watch the video of this match. He ran the midfield against a team who are likely Premier League bound. Our midfield three of Siopis, Wintle and Turnbull were far better than theirs. Best game by Turnbull as well by a country mile.

A decent performance against a very good team. The subs made a big difference, I'd like to see e front 4 who finished the match start, we looked much more threatening playing wingers as opposed to inverted wingers. I know Colwill made a few mistake when he came on, but he grew into the game and made a difference, not sure why he isn't starting?

I still stand by the fact our previous three wins were poor and against poor teams, this was different, a win at Swansea would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I ****ING TOLD YOU ALL ThIS WAS
    COMING. NOW BELIEVE FOR ****S SAKE!!!!!
    Josep_Maria_García.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Anyone on this board who thinks that Wintle cant play needs to be made to watch the video of this match. He ran the midfield against a team who are likely Premier League bound. Our midfield three of Siopis, Wintle and Turnbull were far better than theirs. Best game by Turnbull as well by a country mile.
    Turnbull was virtually anonymous. So underwhelming.

I don’t suppose you noticed how the game changed when he was replaced by Colwill?

I'd love to see Turnbull and Colwill as two attacking pivots for the rest of the season, really give it a go at being more positive and build something for next season.

Agreed it looks so much different with O'Dowda, with how we play I still can't understand why we don't give Grant a run up front too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

I don’t suppose you noticed how the game changed when he was replaced by Colwill?
    We clearly see games differently - I thought Turnbull did well!! Another bonus today was that Ng behaved himself....no yellow to put him out of next weeks game.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I'd love to see Turnbull and Colwill as two attacking pivots for the rest of the season, really give it a go at being more positive and build something for next season.

Agreed it looks so much different with O'Dowda, with how we play I still can't understand why we don't give Grant a run up front too.
    Thought Bulut got the subs spot on, if a little late. It was a very underwhelming 2nd half (I can't remember an attempt on the Ipswich goal until we scored?) but Colwill and O'Dowda completely changed the game in injury time.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wintle the weak….a well….1-3
    Wintle was MOTM. I thought he played well on Wednesday too. Remember Bulut played him at 10 for a few games after Ramsey got injured? Not his position at all but he never stops running.
    He's the pivot around which this team is built. Of course he's not the greatest player in the world but he has the best passing accuracy of any of the regular starters, creates by far the most chances and is 4th on the list of City players with the most goal involvements.

The Wintle-hating should stop.

That was for you Kaiser !!! Great Positivity from you yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    We clearly see games differently - I thought Turnbull did well!! Another bonus today was that Ng behaved himself....no yellow to put him out of next weeks game.
    Agreed. We do.

I think that Turnbull so far has been a complete passenger as Colwill proved when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Wintle was MOTM. I thought he played well on Wednesday too. Remember Bulut played him at 10 for a few games after Ramsey got injured? Not his position at all but he never stops running.
    He's the pivot around which this team is built. Of course he's not the greatest player in the world but he has the best passing accuracy of any of the regular starters, creates by far the most chances and is 4th on the list of City players with the most goal involvements.

The Wintle-hating should stop.
    Nobody hates him, they just don't rate him for a team with play-off ambitions. If he has the best passing accuracy that might be because he passes backwards a lot and everyone else in the team gives the ball away.

I didn't think Ipswich had anything to worry about with the 8 minutes injury time, but glad to be wrong. We did pretty well for twenty minutes, did our usual thing in the second half and then the heave-ho at the end. There apparently were 81 minutes between shots on target. Sometimes it all works out and nice that it did. I can't see that happening all the time though.

If people want to hop on the Keyser Soze express of ass-pumping optimism, then great, but I'll probably stay on the heritage railway of calm, where, just as before, we'll be shortly arriving in mid-table.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Nobody hates him, they just don't rate him for a team with play-off ambitions. If he has the best passing accuracy that might be because he passes backwards a lot and everyone else in the team gives the ball away.

I didn't think Ipswich had anything to worry about with the 8 minutes injury time, but glad to be wrong. We did pretty well for twenty minutes, did our usual thing in the second half and then the heave-ho at the end. There apparently were 81 minutes between shots on target. Sometimes it all works out and nice that it did. I can't see that happening all the time though.

If people want to hop on the Keyser Soze express of ass-pumping optimism, then great, but I'll probably stay on the heritage railway of calm, where, just as before, we'll be shortly arriving in mid-table.
    Ipswich first shot on target 72 minutes?? Or did they have anything of note before??

I was responding to Goats writing "Wintle the weak".

He was our captain today! That's an awful thing to write about any of the team, let alone the captain!

I understand that some of our fanbase don't rate Wintle but, to be honest, I don't rate their opinions. Perry Ng excepted, Wintle has played the most minutes of any City player over the last 3 seasons under a variety of managers so these professional football experts clearly have a higher opinion of Wintle than people with no professional football experience or expertise at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Ipswich first shot on target 72 minutes?? Or did they have anything of note before??
    No, sorry, I meant just for us. 14 and 95.

I have to admit, I am ****ing buzzing. I haven't felt like this in a long time. I scared the shit out of the cat when the equalizer went in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerkyra Blue View Post
    That was for you Kaiser !!! Great Positivity from you yesterday
    Pathetic. At least make a few other posts first to make it somewhat believable.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have to admit, I am ****ing buzzing. I haven't felt like this in a long time. I scared the shit out of the cat when the equalizer went in.
    My wife and children think I am demented (no comments please....) when I celebrate the goals....I told her that when I used to stand on the Bob bank (under the gantry).....often my glasses would fall off in the excitement...

No, sorry, I meant just for us. 14 and 95.
    No I know but the point I was making was that Ipswich were equally scarce in real goal threat until the shot from their sub?? I enjoyed the game but until the last 20 minutes the goalies were rarely busy??

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Everyone is entitled to an opinion if they can back it up.

Please could you clarify why you think Turnbull was virtually anonymous.

Someone else's opinion:

David Turnbull 7

Like Wilson-Esbrand, arguably his best game. His early, rasping shot really troubled Vaclav Hladky and he showed moments of real class throughout.