+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: These 3 Wins On The Bounce

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: These 3 Wins On The Bounce

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Not sure what the greatest fib is "£350million a week to spend on the NHS" or "I don't mind losing as long as we play good football"

Its a results business, We do well our crowds increase, hang around the relegation zone they go down. DJ's team played some amazing stuff in front or 12K but i used to leave so frustrated when we just blew a 2-0 comfy lead than a Bulut's boring mundane 1-0 to the city.

I think Bulut is a very effective manager, he has taken a squad of by the sounds of it, overly paid lower championship/top L1 players and made them top 10 due to his ability for the team to beat teams of a similar base.

We have a solid enough platform, just needs to add some (expensive) sparkle in the final third
    Good post, Bulut is the best Manager we've had since Warnock the others caused a hell of a lot of damage to the squad, he's done well to turn things around with a transfer embargo and tiny budget.

Left-back was a real problem, we look better now without Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    True. I thought the first half against Stoke was quite good, but, that apart, we've still been boring in our last three games, the only difference being that we've been dull and boring while winning and I appreciate that's enough for some.
    Surely it's not dull and boring to be known as "El Lugubroso"?

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Surely it's not dull and boring to be known as "El Lugubroso"?

Let's be honest though. We did beat really sh*t sides. I'm going tomorrow for the first time in ages. I'm hoping Turnbull plays. Only going for the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Not sure what the greatest fib is "£350million a week to spend on the NHS" or "I don't mind losing as long as we play good football"

Its a results business, We do well our crowds increase, hang around the relegation zone they go down. DJ's team played some amazing stuff in front or 12K but i used to leave so frustrated when we just blew a 2-0 comfy lead than a Bulut's boring mundane 1-0 to the city.

I think Bulut is a very effective manager, he has taken a squad of by the sounds of it, overly paid lower championship/top L1 players and made them top 10 due to his ability for the team to beat teams of a similar base.

We have a solid enough platform, just needs to add some (expensive) sparkle in the final third
    Llan the man!

This board has been more lively recently than it had been for ages. Amazing what a few wins do for the soul.

I hope that now our Championship status is more or less ensured that Bulut's future is decided,one way or other, and the club can start planning for next season.

Playoffs are out thus season, but with one or two additions we could have a real go next year.

Of course,if the Tractor Boys give us a hiding tomorrow it will be doom and gloom again.

Win next two were on.

How we get there doesn't matter to fans as it's a result business, Manager has been handed very little to turn us into some exciting team we love too watch , so ugly ,boring football is all we have .

See you all there tommorow??

Drink.lots

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Win next two were on.

How we get there doesn't matter to fans as it's a result business, Manager has been handed very little to turn us into some exciting team we love too watch , so ugly ,boring football is all we have .

See you all there tommorow??

Drink.lots
    How can you possibly drink any more?

Drink lots

Classic

. ok

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    And who started that here? And who's trying to defend him even now?

I picked those examples because I reckon that England cricket fans and Brighton fans are thinking this week that a bit of game management wouldn't go amiss at times alongside the entertainment. I don't think any fan enjoys watching their team getting stuffed, it's not the first time it's happened to both of them recently too. I don't think any fan enjoys watching their team get relegated either. Of course it can turn out to be a happy accident in the long term but I don't think fans or clubs see it as part of a masterplan at the time.

You see it differently though, fair enough. You think entertainers should stick to their principles and shouldn't compromise. Pragmatism and game management aren't for you and you'll mock the posters on here who see it differently. It's all about playing the game the right way, keep doing that and success will follow. Win win.

But

City played entertainingly under Dave Jones, Malky's Watford were entertaining too so it should've been a good match here. He'd been given millions to spend so there should've been success to go with the entertainment but it turned out Malky was a pragmatist. No more entertainment for him, it was game management all the way with football that would send a glass eye to sleep, even after being given another £30m to spend.

I've no idea how you can take the moral high ground on here while sticking up relentlessly for Malky. It's one or the other, surely?
    Sorry, but you've missed once again an important point. I think this is absolutely key to our promotion season.

Malky was given 3 seasons to win promotion. After his first season, which produced some really good attacking football, playoffs and a league cup final, completely against the odds, our owner decided he wanted promotion the following season. I'm not rewriting history here, this is all 100% true and verifiable.

Tan decides to pump more money into the club to achieve this. That's not Malky's fault, neither should it be a stick to beat him with. After a couple of months of entertaining football, Malky realises we concede too many and the 2 year plan is in jeopardy, so decides on a much more defensive tactic. A quick look at our results that season overwhelmingly proves that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Sorry, but you've missed once again an important point. I think this is absolutely key to our promotion season.

Malky was given 3 seasons to win promotion. After his first season, which produced some really good attacking football, playoffs and a league cup final, completely against the odds, our owner decided he wanted promotion the following season. I'm not rewriting history here, this is all 100% true and verifiable.

Tan decides to pump more money into the club to achieve this. That's not Malky's fault, neither should it be a stick to beat him with. After a couple of months of entertaining football, Malky realises we concede too many and the 2 year plan is in jeopardy, so decides on a much more defensive tactic. A quick look at our results that season overwhelmingly proves that.
    Sorry, I realise this is a bit late now but it's the first chance I've had.

You've just agreed with me there which is an interesting method of debate. Malky was entertaining, then he went defensive to get better results. You're defending him for that and TOBW is defending him for carrying it on in the Premier League because that was a 'battle for survival', even though he'd spent around £50m by then.

So I can't really see how you two are setting yourself up as football purists on here. Mocking defensive football and advocating that the game should be played the right way, entertainingly, on the front foot etc without seeing any contradiction in sticking up for Malky at the same time.

Is this why Eric is leaving!
    Anyway i'm feeling very positive about the team atm.No hoof ball, no cloggers.Playing decent footie and let's hope they can keep it up.