+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where the feck has that been for the last few months?

Re: Where the feck has that been for the last few months?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I thought Bulut was a breath of fresh air as a manager for Cardiff and was very excited at the beginning of the season. At home, it started to get silly though, and up until very recently I hated his defensive (negative) setup and trudging back home wondering WTF his team had dared to dish up. Because, it was really, really sh*t. So I had enough.

Have I found a new belief today? No. I get where Eric is coming from but today is all about celebrating a fantastic win and being reminded that 'anything can happen'. I love that. Was I screaming my head off when the winner went in? Too right I was. If a fan can't enjoy that then yeah...it's over.

Everyone loves what happened today. That was immense. Stuffing Ipswich and shutting their fans up. Does it erase all the sh*t football? Yeah, it kind of does for me because it's like lancing a boil. Just slice that f*cker off and let our fans enjoy CCS again. It's like pain. When it's gone, you can't really remember what it was like just that it was awful.

For me Siopis was MOM. He's a great player. You'll never get me agreeing on Wintle after the stuff I've sat through at home. But f*ck me that was a top game of football today. We really needed that. Bulut needed that. Now let's stuff the Jacks and do the doube on them.

A few weeks ago I never thought I'd say I'm really looking forward to our next game. But I am. It's a great feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    A brilliant, brilliant result. However, we only attacked in the first twenty minutes and in the ten minutes of injury time. For most of the remaining 70 minutes we sat back and invited Ipswich on.
    Totally agree. We were the better side today, and when we showed confidence and got on the front foot we looked a bloody good side. Ipswich were there for the taking, but we let them in a few times by being very passive.

I wonder if despite the good couple of results there was still a slight lack of confidence about the team. Hopefully this result really gives them the belief to show what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    A brilliant, brilliant result. However, we only attacked in the first twenty minutes and in the ten minutes of injury time. For most of the remaining 70 minutes we sat back and invited Ipswich on.
    That was my take aswell.
    When we got towards half-time I thought we'd lost our best chance to get anything from the game. Ipswich were getting more into the game and we weren't doing too much going forward.
    Only after our substitutions and Keiffers goal did we start applying more pressure to their defence and getting the result as a result. Ipswich should be kicking themselves for not scoring earlier and pushing for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Totally agree. We were the better side today, and when we showed confidence and got on the front foot we looked a bloody good side. Ipswich were there for the taking, but we let them in a few times by being very passive.

I wonder if despite the good couple of results there was still a slight lack of confidence about the team. Hopefully this result really gives them the belief to show what they can do.
    Leeds Leicester and wba to an extent we showed too much respect and this is the first time for me that we have taken the game to what is on paper a better side - it was good to see 👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Leeds Leicester and wba to an extent we showed too much respect and this is the first time for me that we have taken the game to what is on paper a better side - it was good to see 👍👍
    Absolutely. Some disagree here, but I felt I saw a change of tactic from us yesterday, if not more than just a boost of confidence.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. Some disagree here, but I felt I saw a change of tactic from us yesterday, if not more than just a boost of confidence.
    It was better players giving encouragement and getting Bowler, Grant, and Miete performing better.

We were weak down the left now we are strong with a solid leftback Esbrand has made a huge difference and O'Dowda has showed what we were missing in the few moments he's had.

The defence is rock solid with Phillips battering Moore all over the shop and the keeper is relieving pressure by coming out when needed and can receive the ball when needed also.

Turnbaull has added composure and an option in the centre, we miles better we were a few players short and they have made the difference, along with confidence for the other players who were low on confidence before.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

This is priceless. Comedy gold.
    You've decided to duck my "less tongue in cheek" posts regarding you and your constant devaluation of anything good regarding CCFC for this beautifully considered retort.

You're nothing but a phoney, a great big phoney
    The narcissist playing the victim

That’s what fans want to see, City having a right good go regardless of the opposition. Really enjoyed that.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It was better players giving encouragement and getting Bowler, Grant, and Miete performing better.

We were weak down the left now we are strong with a solid leftback Esbrand has made a huge difference and O'Dowda has showed what we were missing in the few moments he's had.

The defence is rock solid with Phillips battering Moore all over the shop and the keeper is relieving pressure by coming out when needed and can receive the ball when needed also.

Turnbaull has added composure and an option in the centre, we miles better we were a few players short and they have made the difference, along with confidence for the other players who were low on confidence before.
    When we can say that Saturday’s attitude is the norm and we are going at teams from the first whistle, I’ll agree with you and admit I was wrong about Bulut, but almost every game we’ve played under him before Ipswich home saw us playing back foot football and that includes all but one of the matches played with the new players signed in January available.

It should be remembered as well that from about the fifteenth minute until Moore scored we showed very little attacking intent. Great credit goes to manager and players for what happened after that though, particularly what happened at 1-1 - we’ll never know what would have happened if Moore doesn’t #core, but what we saw for a good hour beforehand suggested we’d have been happy with a 0-0.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    When we can say that Saturday’s attitude is the norm and we are going at teams from the first whistle, I’ll agree with you and admit I was wrong about Bulut, but almost every game we’ve played under him before Ipswich home saw us playing back foot football and that includes all but one of the matches played with the new players signed in January available.

It should be remembered as well that from about the fifteenth minute until Moore scored we showed very little attacking intent. Great credit goes to manager and players for what happened after that though, particularly what happened at 1-1 - we’ll never know what would have happened if Moore doesn’t #core, but what we saw for a good hour beforehand suggested we’d have been happy with a 0-0.
    It takes a bit of time for players to fit in, but when you're on the pitch and feel that you won't have to be defending ten crosses coming in from our left, but can be attacking ten, it does wonders for your confidence.

Attacking-wise, Turnball seems to have provided a solid platform and balance to the midfield, all the around him are playing much better.