+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where the feck has that been for the last few months?

Re: Where the feck has that been for the last few months?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Maybe we would have been even higher if we hadn’t been so negative for 6 months. Just shows what can happen when you are more positive in approach. I can’t buy this Bulut master plan garbage. We’ve been watching utter crap since October and today was a huge step forward.
    Indeed.

More to the point, let's all get behind this huge step forward. Today is for celebrating a rare win in recent years over a top 2 side, not "I was right".

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Too much watching Sky and their endless array of statistics on everything down to how many times the left back farts during away games!

It's the same with all these analysts and armchair fans.

Go to a game and experience the joys of what probably might not happen but could.... like today!

What a win
    I'm with you here.
    The stuff posted on here , by people I expect have been watching Cardiff for a generation has been pathetic recently .
    Its championship football , Man City we arent. What a brilliant game of football today, if you didnt enjoy that , try knitting on a Saturday afternoon . We wont win every game ,imagine Bulut is building something here .
    There have been moans about one nil wins , FFS from losing to winning is a massive step , bring on the Jacks...

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Because tactics and systems take months to sink in when you aren’t a Liverpool or Man City. The big changes were Horvath, Phillips and Ebrands to shore up the defence, but back four units, centre half partnerships and links / comms between keeper and defence take time.

To anchor your entire expectations around what was happening in Sep-November, in Bulut’s early months, is the definition of insanity.

Football rarely works that way.
    But you keep suggesting that today was just a continuation. I think that's bollocks. Today saw a drive and ambition that doesn't just happen when it hasn't happened for months

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not sure how pissed you were when you wrote that, but this is a place where we chat about City. I feel there's an amount of unnecessary gloating here when we're all in the same boat, celebrating a City win.

Based on your post, we should now be playing even better football game after game and end up winning promotion. Lovely dream.

Today I saw an effort, willingness to get forward and a speed of thought that we haven't shown for months. As I've said, if we'd not won that I'd have seen more positivity than we've had for ages and been happy. As it was we showed lots of hunger and desire late on to turn things around. Coming back like that isn't about laying defensive foundations, it's about character. It's why we've scored so often from set pieces. It's why we've won so many points late on in games.

No amount of training in the last few weeks has brought about today's performance. It felt, from the first whistle, that Bulut had told them to have a go. Maybe he felt this was the time. They certainly didn't have a go like that against Leicester or Leeds.

I'm expecting the same next weekend.
    People are entrenched in there views, they struggle to deviate from them. **** knows why. I suppose it makes them feel better to be right about something. I don't rate Bulut that highly, but he is playing a system, some of us don't like it, including me, but when it works then I have to give credit, same for players I don't rate. Problem on here is that people can't admit when they're wrong, it figures I suppose. If we can acknowledge people when they get something right then any criticism given when it goes to shit holds more strength. It's difficult on here though as people take their position and hold it, even when they're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    People are entrenched in there views, they struggle to deviate from them. **** knows why. I suppose it makes them feel better to be right about something. I don't rate Bulut that highly, but he is playing a system, some of us don't like it, including me, but when it works then I have to give credit, same for players I don't rate. Problem on here is that people can't admit when they're wrong, it figures I suppose. If we can acknowledge people when they get something right then any criticism given when it goes to shit holds more strength. It's difficult on here though as people take their position and hold it, even when they're wrong.
    Fantastic result, great performance, from start to finish
    Bulut got that absolutely right today 👍👏👏👏

But you keep suggesting that today was just a continuation. I think that's bollocks. Today saw a drive and ambition that doesn't just happen when it hasn't happened for months
    Of course it’s bollox, that was a different team today to the one we’ve watched since the first game against the wurzels, but it’s still true to say that for about two thirds of the match it looked like the height of our ambitions was a 0-0 draw. Great credit to both manager and team for chasing the win at 1-1 though - everything I’d seen from us in the last twenty odd games before today suggested we weren’t going to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There's some right bollocks in this thread. Talk about over thinking things. Bulut made the subs, got the wide men higher up the pitch and left a bit of space between the central midfielders and our defence. We just played higher, because we were 1 down until the 95th minute or whatever it was. He's done it before, today it just worked a treat. Well done Erol and the players, although at no point did we play through Ipswich. That ain't never gonna happen. Big up Wintle.
    This. Anyone that doesn't rate him at this level is tripping.

After 30 games in a new league, a different football culture I think he has got our midfield balance right.

We had no replacement for Ramsey's composure, he obviously adds more but we didn't-have anyone to just give the ball to without fearing he'd turn it over. Then we get Turnbull he gets fitter and starts to understand his teammates. Rubin is the reverse of Turnbull both are class on the ball but Rubes try's crazy things because he is an all out attack machine.

Bulut also has sussed that Sio isn't a 6 in this league so it is probably him or Ralls as the top of the double pivot and pushed them 10 yards further up the pitch.

We also have a footballer at left back which allows Grant to push further up and O'Dowda is classes above Bowler and Tanner.

I believe Bulut is getting hold of this league and its requirements

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Of course he did. The plan was to concede late on and score twice deep into injury time.

Never again will I knock Bulut's tactics. Genius!

Of course he did. The plan was to concede late on and score twice deep into injury time.

Behave you daft twat, we won, and beat a very good side

Bulut 2.1 ✔️

Behave you daft twat, we won, and beat a very good side
    Sarcasm never works well in text!

Funny as feck this LOL

None so blind as those that will not see

Do a TLG and have rest ffs

Sarcasm never works well in text!
    I’ve been critical of Bulut, and certainly critical of some of our players, Wintle especially
    But today we played in a positive manner, could have been 2 or 3 up at half time and gave it our best shot.
    Tough call today to name a MOTM as there were so many contenders, although I would go for Siopis just, over Wintle

I don’t think anyone there today was bored shitless, the team gave a performance from the first minute and got the backing of the crowd straight away

Great performance
    Great result
    Can’t wait for next Saturday

I’ve been critical of Bulut, and certainly critical of some of our players, Wintle especially
    But today we played in a positive manner, could have been 2 or 3 up at half time and gave it our best shot.
    Tough call today to name a MOTM as there were so many contenders, although I would go for Siopis just, over Wintle

I don’t think anyone there today was bored shitless, the team gave a performance from the first minute and got the backing of the crowd straight away

Great performance
    Great result
    100% and I've said pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Funny as feck this LOL

None so blind as those that will not see

Do a TLG and have rest ffs
    Stop being a knob.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    After 30 games in a new league, a different football culture I think he has got our midfield balance right.

We had no replacement for Ramsey's composure, he obviously adds more but we didn't-have anyone to just give the ball to without fearing he'd turn it over. Then we get Turnbull he gets fitter and starts to understand his teammates. Rubin is the reverse of Turnbull both are class on the ball but Rubes try's crazy things because he is an all out attack machine.

Bulut also has sussed that Sio isn't a 6 in this league so it is probably him or Ralls as the top of the double pivot and pushed them 10 yards further up the pitch.

We also have a footballer at left back which allows Grant to push further up and O'Dowda is classes above Bowler and Tanner.

I believe Bulut is getting hold of this league and its requirements
    This. Although, I'm not convinced Colwill is going to make it at this level. He definitely has moments. But that's pretty much all he has. He has skill but maybe not a "football brain". We'll see. I'm not writing him off. But at the moment I have more faith in the manager than I have for Colwill. And I can see why other managers have not considered him a first 11 player.

Great performance
    Great result
    He's getting there. I'm a little reluctant to say this, but I think I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He's getting there. I'm a little reluctant to say this, but I think I believe.
    I thought Bulut was a breath of fresh air as a manager for Cardiff and was very excited at the beginning of the season. At home, it started to get silly though, and up until very recently I hated his defensive (negative) setup and trudging back home wondering WTF his team had dared to dish up. Because, it was really, really sh*t. So I had enough.

Have I found a new belief today? No. I get where Eric is coming from but today is all about celebrating a fantastic win and being reminded that 'anything can happen'. I love that. Was I screaming my head off when the winner went in? Too right I was. If a fan can't enjoy that then yeah...it's over.

Everyone loves what happened today. That was immense. Stuffing Ipswich and shutting their fans up. Does it erase all the sh*t football? Yeah, it kind of does for me because it's like lancing a boil. Just slice that f*cker off and let our fans enjoy CCS again. It's like pain. When it's gone, you can't really remember what it was like just that it was awful.

For me Siopis was MOM. He's a great player. You'll never get me agreeing on Wintle after the stuff I've sat through at home. But f*ck me that was a top game of football today. We really needed that. Bulut needed that. Now let's stuff the Jacks and do the doube on them.

A few weeks ago I never thought I'd say I'm really looking forward to our next game. But I am. It's a great feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I thought Bulut was a breath of fresh air as a manager for Cardiff and was very excited at the beginning of the season. At home, it started to get silly though, and up until very recently I hated his defensive (negative) setup and trudging back home wondering WTF his team had dared to dish up. Because, it was really, really sh*t. So I had enough.

Have I found a new belief today? No. I get where Eric is coming from but today is all about celebrating a fantastic win and being reminded that 'anything can happen'. I love that. Was I screaming my head off when the winner went in? Too right I was. If a fan can't enjoy that then yeah...it's over.

Everyone loves what happened today. That was immense. Stuffing Ipswich and shutting their fans up. Does it erase all the sh*t football? Yeah, it kind of does for me because it's like lancing a boil. Just slice that f*cker off and let our fans enjoy CCS again. It's like pain. When it's gone, you can't really remember what it was like just that it was awful.

For me Siopis was MOM. He's a great player. You'll never get me agreeing on Wintle after the stuff I've sat through at home. But f*ck me that was a top game of football today. We really needed that. Bulut needed that. Now let's stuff the Jacks and do the doube on them.

A few weeks ago I never thought I'd say I'm really looking forward to our next game. But I am. It's a great feeling.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

Great post, I agree, it's about the win today, just enjoy it. I also get where Eric is coming from, and although I think that he may go on about Bulut and his tactics a little too much (just my opinion) he's entitled to do so and plenty of what he has said is correct in my opinion. Bulut ain't going to change his tactics, I'd bet my house on it. It's not great when we get a result, even worse when we get beaten. And whoever he brings in it'll be the same. Anyway, let's show some love for an extended injury time win.

The beauty of winning a lunchtime kick off is you’ve got longer to enjoy it on the day.

1-0 down going into injury I was thinking as much as I dislike losing I’d seen a good game of football for a change. Two goals in the next ten minutes though meant I’d enjoyed the game and loved the result.

Having said that I don’t know what the fuss is about Ipswich. They weren’t a patch on Leeds or Leicester. Kieffer Moore was dangerous but they didn’t cause us many problems otherwise. And they definitely did a “Cardiff” by dropping deep once they were in the lead.

So good to seeing us play so much better and I think a lot of that comes down to Siopis looking again like the player he was back at the start of the season.

Stop being a knob.

This is priceless. Comedy gold.
    You've decided to duck my "less tongue in cheek" posts regarding you and your constant devaluation of anything good regarding CCFC for this beautifully considered retort.

You're nothing but a phoney, a great big phoney

Good performance, even better win. Let's keep it up.

I'm not going to over analyse it but I liked Bulut, he started well. That 20 game spell was unacceptable and now we've found a very rich vein of form. None of those things are mutually exclusive. Let's hope we keep this run going.