+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where the feck has that been for the last few months?

Where the feck has that been for the last few months?

Crazy. Great performance, deserved win, completely unexpected. When we went behind I didn't expect a comeback but would have been happy that we'd at least had a go.

Bulut - that's the way we like it, none of the defensive shit that has cost us a shot at the playoffs, but good attacking football. Hopefully he's learned!

Re: Where the feck has that been for the last few months?

What a brilliant result.

Confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Crazy. Great performance, deserved win, completely unexpected. When we went behind I didn't expect a comeback but would have been happy that we'd at least had a go.

Bulut - that's the way we like it, none of the defensive shit that has cost us a shot at the playoffs, but good attacking football. Hopefully he's learned!
    A brilliant, brilliant result. However, we only attacked in the first twenty minutes and in the ten minutes of injury time. For most of the remaining 70 minutes we sat back and invited Ipswich on.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Confidence.
    It's not just that.

The football quality has been there. Just end product was not and not the possession stats that dazzle. It is still 70% through first season for Bulut. You have to allow for growth. And defences win games. Good defence been there for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    The football quality has been there
    Don't talk nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Confidence.
    Less pressure….

It's not just that.
    I think that’s a massive part of it.

Ah feck off mun!

That today wasn't just about one performance

This victory was built up from basics over a long period of time.

Good performances stem from being tight, defensively we have become hard to beat and the introduction of Philips and Wilson-E at lleft back in January has made us harder to break down.

Feck me Eric, you sonehow make a victory sound like we've lost.
    You make it sound like you think Bulut read your ramblings and thought "ah sod it, I'll do what Eric says and see what happens"

The passing and ball control has been there, just not opening defences at will. Clearly you are chatting as much as watching. The signs have been building for a month as it begins to click.

I just think you are one of those that expects everything to perfect, clear and obvious before you put your neck out and make a prediction.

Just admit you got it wrong and don’t be a SourPuss. I can easily forget if you can. We are all fans here. Trying to still pick away at crumbs just makes you look anal and pedantic.

amen....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    amen....
    Nice one Mo, right on cue

i was very surprised the way they played , maybe i should not have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    The passing and ball control has been there, just not opening defences at will. Clearly you are chatting as much as watching. The signs have been building for a month as it begins to click.

I just think you are one of those that expects everything to perfect, clear and obvious before you put your neck out and make a prediction.

Just admit you got it wrong and don’t be a SourPuss. I can easily forget if you can. We are all fans here. Trying to still pick away at crumbs just makes you look anal and pedantic.
    Too much watching Sky and their endless array of statistics on everything down to how many times the left back farts during away games!

It's the same with all these analysts and armchair fans.

Go to a game and experience the joys of what probably might not happen but could.... like today!

What a win

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ah feck off mun!

Good performances stem from being tight, defensively we have become hard to beat and the introduction of Philips and Wilson-E at lleft back in January has made us harder to break down.

You make it sound like you think Bulut read your ramblings and thought "ah sod it, I'll do what Eric says and see what happens"
    Exactly. 3 of our back 5 are new players and now that they've gelled we look extremely solid. That solid foundation allows the front 6 to play football, which is what is happening.

Horvath looks to be our best keeper since Etheridge. Wilson-Esbrand and Phillips are steeped in the cultures of what are now the two best clubs in the world. Amazing signings and who knows what will happen come May?

The playoffs will be a distinct possibility if we don't lose against the Jacks next week.

Bulut builds off a stong (defensive) base, when the quality arrived O'Dowda and Rubes we looked different. Having a footballer at left back has helped the progression up the feild as the kid is comfortable with the ball. He has settled on wintle as the single defensive midfeilder and Turnball oozzes compuresure on the ball when we do move it.

If Keiffer was playing for us that would have been very comfortable, but Meite was immense

Question for those better than me (so anyone really) just saw the replay of Moore's goal - could it have been called for offside in terms of coming from an off side and recieving the ball straight away??

Nice one Mo, right on cue
    I just realised I have an unfortunate surname here....

It's been building. If done properly, these things take time. The shame is that we have to rebuild all over again this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Question for those better than me (so anyone really) just saw the replay of Moore's goal - could it have been called for offside in terms of coming from an off side and recieving the ball straight away??
    I thought exactly the same thing, but I think I City player touched it when he was on side and perhaps that negated the off side. Perhaps someone on here can enlighten us.

Maybe we would have been even higher if we hadn’t been so negative for 6 months. Just shows what can happen when you are more positive in approach. I can’t buy this Bulut master plan garbage. We’ve been watching utter crap since October and today was a huge step forward.

There's some right bollocks in this thread. Talk about over thinking things. Bulut made the subs, got the wide men higher up the pitch and left a bit of space between the central midfielders and our defence. We just played higher, because we were 1 down until the 95th minute or whatever it was. He's done it before, today it just worked a treat. Well done Erol and the players, although at no point did we play through Ipswich. That ain't never gonna happen. Big up Wintle.

Because tactics and systems take months to sink in when you aren’t a Liverpool or Man City. The big changes were Horvath, Phillips and Ebrands to shore up the defence, but back four units, centre half partnerships and links / comms between keeper and defence take time.

To anchor your entire expectations around what was happening in Sep-November, in Bulut’s early months, is the definition of insanity.

Football rarely works that way.

Ah feck off mun!

Not sure how pissed you were when you wrote that, but this is a place where we chat about City. I feel there's an amount of unnecessary gloating here when we're all in the same boat, celebrating a City win.

Based on your post, we should now be playing even better football game after game and end up winning promotion. Lovely dream.

Today I saw an effort, willingness to get forward and a speed of thought that we haven't shown for months. As I've said, if we'd not won that I'd have seen more positivity than we've had for ages and been happy. As it was we showed lots of hunger and desire late on to turn things around. Coming back like that isn't about laying defensive foundations, it's about character. It's why we've scored so often from set pieces. It's why we've won so many points late on in games.

No amount of training in the last few weeks has brought about today's performance. It felt, from the first whistle, that Bulut had told them to have a go. Maybe he felt this was the time. They certainly didn't have a go like that against Leicester or Leeds.

I'm expecting the same next weekend.