Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
Probably not the right thread to voice this opinion but I dont rate Meite at all. Had we lost that game it would have been the difference between him and Moore.

He seems slow and lacking stamina (possibly a consequence of that terrible knee injury) and often drifts wide leaving no-one in the middle. We had 15 shots yesterday and I cant remember him having one.

Dont get me wrong he's a tryer and he works his backside off, he just doesn't seem anything like the player he was at Reading a few years ago.
I tend to agree with you, his record at Reading pre and post that injury suggests we’d have a different opinion if he was playing for us five or six years ago. I’d say that any comments regarding a striker playing for us through this season have to qualified by them being left in isolation for long periods though.

Yesterday, the City target man had the relative luxury of having team mates near by as we made perhaps our most front foot start of the season and I didn’t see much influence of our early dominance being down to a rampaging striker dominating a pair of centre backs. After the first fifteen minutes, Meite had an hour on the pitch where he was left to cope by himself in the same way as Etete, Ugbo and Diedhiou have been for most of the time.

Ipswich must have ended the game thinking that the worst thing they did was score - would we have seen the same grandstand finish if it had been 0-0? As it was Diedhiou had what was probably his first experience of playing for a Cardiff team that was really going for it and I thought he did pretty well - will we end up with a higher opinion of our strikers if we play our final nine games with the attacking intent we showed against Ipswich?