Thread: Watched a clip of Peterborough 3 Cardiff 0, 90/91

Watched a clip of Peterborough 3 Cardiff 0, 90/91

Yellow shirt and red short combination.

Anyone have a photo of that kit, as I have never seen that before

Re: Watched a clip of Peterborough 3 Cardiff 0, 90/91

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Yellow shirt and red short combination.

Anyone have a photo of that kit, as I have never seen that before
    There’s a video on You Tube of a game we played at QPR in 1972 where we wore red shirts and yellow shorts, but I’ve never seen us wearing those colours that way round - think it might have been a one off.

Here is the clip of the posh game the OP is referring to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_UiFXo2OuY
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Here is the clip of the posh game the OP is referring to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_UiFXo2OuY
    Spedger
    Three things I remember from that day.

Nathan Blake was playing as a sweeper and had a very distinctive haircut.

City fans were being watched closely by the police in our end but a number gave them the slip by walking down the steps at back of the away end, making their way round the concourse till they got to the Peterborough fans and then walking into their section (Police intelligence wasn't too advanced back then). It must've been a family section or something so they walked through those fans and onto the pitch to go towards the home end behind the goal. There was a bit of confusion among them, especially as Peterborough were attacking and scored their third while 50 or so were on the pitch. You can see some of them hanging around as it goes in.

Last away game of the season so a few had gone in fancy dress. A ginger guy wrapped in a white sheet or robe was running up and down the away end banging his head and shouting 'do the Ayatollah'. I remember thinking 'I can't see that catching on mate'.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Three things I remember from that day.

Nathan Blake was playing as a sweeper and had a very distinctive haircut.

City fans were being watched closely by the police in our end but a number gave them the slip by walking down the steps at back of the away end, making their way round the concourse till they got to the Peterborough fans and then walking into their section (Police intelligence wasn't too advanced back then). It must've been a family section or something so they walked through those fans and onto the pitch to go towards the home end behind the goal. There was a bit of confusion among them, especially as Peterborough were attacking and scored their third while 50 or so were on the pitch. You can see some of them hanging around as it goes in.

Last away game of the season so a few had gone in fancy dress. A ginger guy wrapped in a white sheet or robe was running up and down the away end banging his head and shouting 'do the Ayatollah'. I remember thinking 'I can't see that catching on mate'.
    There was some right old fisticuffs in that Peterborough side terrace our warriors walked through

We were shocking that day and the pitch invaders probably wanted a chance to show off their skills

Roger Hansbury always looked idiotic in those tracksuit bottoms

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    There was some right old fisticuffs in that Peterborough side terrace our warriors walked through

We were shocking that day and the pitch invaders probably wanted a chance to show off their skills

That is one ugly trip up to the East. Some guy was installing my nrw fibre optic for CityFibre the other day. I asked wherre he was from and he said Peterborough.

I asked him if he followed them and he said yes. He remembered the same game as me. Jeff Eckhardt and Scott Young were in the team, and I think maybe Nugent and Williams up front that day, but my memory is sketchy.We lost that day and I think it was 2-0. I think it might have been around 1999 or 2000. One thing I do remember is that two young players Simon Etherington and a certain Welshman called Simon Davies ripped us apart that day. They were oustanding. Not long after that I think they were both flogged to Spurs together.

I thought this might have been a thread about that game until I saw the date and thought about it. I have only been there once but I do remember a sloping road near the stadium and a small pub on the corner with a walk up to the stadium. Horrible long drive back home though in all the traffic.

Never been to London Road, though would have seen highlights over the years. There were moments watching that vid above where I half thought it was being played in Ninian Park. Hadn’t appreciated the similarities between both before.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Yes I went to a few of those matches , do you remember Budgie from Llandaff North , he was a good lad , sadly no longer with us.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Yes I went to a few of those matches , do you remember Budgie from Llandaff North , he was a good lad , sadly no longer with us.
    No mate

I remember Stanley from Llanishen or maybe he was Llandaff North

Blosse Road , Templeton Avenue ?

We were in the Supporters Club and got attacked by Peterborough fans was happy to see the police turn up

I think that's why our lot invaded the home end

It wasn't very pleasant afterwards on the way to the station either

I am glad as I got older I started going on the bus , a lot less hassle