+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bristol or Swansea?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bristol or Swansea?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d say anyone over, say, 72 would probably feel the same, I’m 68 though and it’ll always be the wurzels for me for the reasons set out by Moodybluebird, although I’m not sure I would have said the same before the game with the jacks just before Christmas 1993 when their fans were an absolute disgrace.
    Apart from Welsh Cup games I can’t remember the first one time I saw City play the Jacks in the league, whereas we were joined at the hip with the Wurzles for decades. I just checked 11v11 & it was 1980, we’d played Bristol 15 times in the intervening years.

Re: Bristol or Swansea?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Apart from Welsh Cup games I can’t remember the first one time I saw City play the Jacks in the league, whereas we were joined at the hip with the Wurzles for decades. I just checked 11v11 & it was 1980, we’d played Bristol 15 times in the intervening years.
    Yeah, we played Swansea in the league a few times after my first game in 1963 as a seven year old before they got relegated, but I didn’t see my first league game against the jacks until I was 23.