+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On this day 1971

Re: On this day 1971

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I was in the Grange end started off with Big Frank and Dennis Baker etc lost them quickly in the general melee.
    I also remember seeing Vic Cartwright. The only reason I mentioned this chap is because I hadn’t seen him for 50 years and recently found myself stood next to him at the bar in the Sand Martin. It’s a funny world.

The only other things I remember was the pushing and shoving and then the goal and the surge forwards the front.

I was 18 and knew fk all. I’m a lot older now and know even less.

There’s a picture framer on Cowbridge Road Richards iirc. Near Rees the pie shop. He’s got some of the framed Real Madrid away leg posters
    Dennis, played football with him. Sailor in his white butcher’s coat

On the bb with my dad, pretty much in line with the goal.

On the Bob Bank between the cameras and the Canton floodlight. I was 15. I thought Madrid should have worn their white kit. I was a bit disappointed when they played in red kit. Well I seem to remember it was red, was a long time ago.

I was pinned against the back wall of the enclosure Grange End in my RAF uniform as I was back on air traffic control duty at Brize Norton at midnight, just about made it!

Quote Originally Posted by celever View Post
    On the Bob Bank between the cameras and the Canton floodlight. I was 15. I thought Madrid should have worn their white kit. I was a bit disappointed when they played in red kit. Well I seem to remember it was red, was a long time ago.
    Yes it was red.

What a pitch. That was a proper Ninian Park pitch. It seemed to be like that for most of the 70s.

canton stand

Great footage and loved the pitch invasion. I couldn’t make it that day - I was swimming around in my old man’s ballsack

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    1,2,3,4 we don't wany yer fooking war 5, 6 7,8, !!!!! ( over to you no Googling )
    Open up the pearly gate?
    Spedger

I was on Grange End aged 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Open up the pearly gate?
    Spedger
    I ain’t got time
    To wonder why
    We’re all gonna die

Yes I was there.18 years old.
    I love this reply on twitter
    Football Stuff
    @Fwotbawl
    wow who did they play in the next round?

On the grangend for me. Compliments of my school games teacher who got a few in. Cheers mate

Really is something to tell people about. Not many, if any, fans of UK clubs of our standing can say they’ve seen their club beat Real Madrid. Us, who were there, are obviously dwindling year by year, it could be our equivalent of the last WW2 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Really is something to tell people about. Not many, if any, fans of UK clubs of our standing can say they’ve seen their club beat Real Madrid. Us, who were there, are obviously dwindling year by year, it could be our equivalent of the last WW2 survivors.
    I once told a youngster i saw city beat Real Madrid and he pissed himself laughing. Should have give us a medal for being there.