+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    We played to their strengths

We got pulled into areas of the pitch we didn’t want to be and didn’t have the legs to play how we ended up playing
    Swansea don't like a physical battle

Prevent Allen type players dominating by getting stuck in

We will never out pass them

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Because I think he's over rated and that's not based on today's horror show

A few nice passes does not a great player make

I want to see him given lots of game time between now and the end of the season now that the pressure is off

I hope I am wrong
    What I’m saying why is he in the conversation

He wasn’t the reason we lost today.

I’m just scratching my head trying to understand why we’re talking about Colwill instead of who played poor and who played well. Colwill was neither.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    But no one is saying he's a wonder kid. We are all just saying he's the best academy player we've produced since Ramsey (which isn't exactly hard) and has clearly shown he has the ability to play at this level and above the current crop of players.

I just want to see our academy players given a go, otherwise what is the point of having an academy. Why are we so content with not given them a chance and then dragging them down when they don't light up a game. I've seen more ferocity against him than other players in our team. Why? Because he's one of our own and some fans see something in him?

I don't see the same from Swansea? They seem to be happy to see Cullen and Cooper a go. And no offence but I personally think Colwill is a better player than them.

Players won't develop if they aren't given the chance.
    Fine mate, no problem with any of that, although i don't rate him as highly as you do. I think that his game is flawed in terms of mobility, intelligence etc. And he needs those attributes at this level unless his creative play starts to really make the difference, which it doesn't. He's getting on for 100 appearances, yet we'll have the old guard on here making excuses. It's the manager, it's the players around him, we've heard it all before.

He does have ability, but due to the nature of his style and position he has to make the difference from time to time. He hardly ever does, and comparing him to other players in order to build a case for him in an absolute cop out, it means nothing. Colwill really needs to show up more if he's ever going to progress, That's the nature of football. He's a creative player, he's supposed to make things happen and pull the odd thing out of the bag. I wish him well, and if he's as good as plenty seem to think then we will recieve some good offers for him during the summer... As for the rest of them, absolute joke today.

I’m just scratching my head trying to understand why we’re talking about Colwill instead of who played poor and who played well. Colwill was neither.
    Because today is over and soon we will require him to show us what people think he's got

Two poor teams, with our lot having the luck today. After your performance last week I feared the worse.

Thanks to your successes against the teams below us, you have helped ease our situation this season, so good luck on the run in.

He isn't the reason we lost today. someone else brought him up, a poster who always mentions him. Ironically he's the one who is ignoring every other player on the pitch who was shit and only posts in match day threads about Colwill. It wasn't Colwill's fault we lost today, he has a small part to play in the loss, but nothing close to other players and the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Two poor teams, with our lot having the luck today. After your performance last week I feared the worse.

Thanks to your successes against the teams below us, you have helped ease our situation this season, so good luck on the run in.
    Congrats on the win mate

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think he’s done well lately, thought he did well when he came on as well.
    No, he hasn't. And no, he didn't.

The most important player in the team is Ralls. And today he obviously wasn't available, despite being on the bench. I would have taken 30 minutes from him today, just to set the tone of the game. And if Rambo can't start, he shouldn't be in the squad. I'm starting to understand Arsenal fans' view of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fine mate, no problem with any of that, although i don't rate him as highly as you do. I think that his game is flawed in terms of mobility, intelligence etc. And he needs those attributes at this level unless his creative play starts to really make the difference, which it doesn't. He's getting on for 100 appearances, yet we'll have the old guard on here making excuses. It's the manager, it's the players around him, we've heard it all before.

He does have ability, but due to the nature of his style and position he has to make the difference from time to time. He hardly ever does, and comparing him to other players in order to build a case for him in an absolute cop out, it means nothing. Colwill really needs to show up more if he's ever going to progress, That's the nature of football. He's a creative player, he's supposed to make things happen and pull the odd thing out of the bag. I wish him well, and if he's as good as plenty seem to think then we will recieve some good offers for him during the summer... As for the rest of them, absolute joke today.
    It's astonishing and such a shame he's never gone on loan anywhere. Belgium. Scotland. League 1. Anywhere. Would be fascinating how he did somewhere else and it could go either way. He could absolutely excel and smash it or could not get a game. Neither would surprise me.

I know we are focusing on Colwill....and I have been critical in the past, but for me he did well when he came on today.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

The most important player in the team is Ralls. And today he obviously wasn't available, despite being on the bench. I would have taken 30 minutes from him today, just to set the tone of the game. And if Rambo can't start, he shouldn't be in the squad. I'm starting to understand Arsenal fans' view of him.
    That’s fine you don’t have to agree, imo he started a few games in a row and was one of our players in them. He came on and did more than most.

Agree about Ralls, I thought he might have started.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I know we are focusing on Colwill....and I have been critical in the past, but for me he did well when he came on today.
    Agreed, he seemed to be the only one who wanted to look forward not back upon receiving the ball.

Time to find out how good he is. Both Colwills, Ashford and any other academy prospect rated by the club should get real time between now and the end of the season. Norwich are winning which puts an end to any playoff charge.

Agree, it’s a bit odd the focus is on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    It's astonishing and such a shame he's never gone on loan anywhere. Belgium. Scotland. League 1. Anywhere. Would be fascinating how he did somewhere else and it could go either way. He could absolutely excel and smash it or could not get a game. Neither would surprise me.
    Maybe. The way i look at it is more simplistic. He's playing already, and at a very good level. He's getting his chance, it's happening right now, and he's on for 100 league appearances. It really is up to him to show his ability and consistency, there will always be excuses i suppose, but that's probably the case for all footballers, all industries where we see top end performers. You may well be right about a loan, it's a fair point.

Personally I don’t see Ralls making a bean of difference.

The slowness in that team was evident.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post

All credit to Swansea today. Made us look poor in all departments.

Looks like we will do it all again next season.

Was surprised that Sky didn't interview Bulut or any City players.....probably too embarrassed to come out of the dressing room...
    ah well Sunderland home next....

Personally I don’t see Ralls making a bean of difference.

The slowness in that team was evident.
    Agree, Ralls has been as guilty as the rest in previous derby games, going missing and playing sideways & backwards

Another weekend ruined. I'm almost 59. Why do I care? It's a ****ing curse. I have a great life. I should've just stayed in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maybe. The way i look at it is more simplistic. He's playing already, and at a very good level. He's getting his chance, it's happening right now, and he's on for 100 league appearances. It really is up to him to show his ability and consistency, there will always be excuses i suppose, but that's probably the case for all footballers, all industries where we see top end performers. You may well be right about a loan, it's a fair point.
    Mainly because as he's "one of our own" as this thread shows we can't discuss him objectively as a fan group. Some will defend him whatever he does. Others treat him harsher as sometimes happen to our own. It's just not objective.

I'd be fascinated to hear what fans of say Derby County or Charlton etc thought of him if they had him for a few months as they wouldn't have that baggage.

It wouldn't surprise me if he thrived and they thought wow what a player we have got here imagine if we can keep him- or if they thought yeah some nice touches but doesn't offer enough for what we need.

Another weekend ruined. I'm almost 59. Why do I care? It's a ****ing curse. I have a great life. I should've just stayed in bed.
    Must be early there...what 6 hours behind UK? I f remember when I lived in Thailand....night games I used to get up at 3am!! Masochists.

Was surprised that Sky didn't interview Bulut or any City players.....probably too embarrassed to come out of the dressing room...
    I just watched Sky interview Bulut as part of the post-match wrap up. He thinks we were a bit better in the second half. Top manager!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I just watched Sky interview Bulut as part of the post-match wrap up. He thinks we were a bit better in the second half. Top manager!
    He needs to f uck off.

Here's Bulut. Blaming the officials.
    https://twitter.com/CityBluebirds_/s...22063870644557

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    ah...my stream must have ended early.....as some young lady once said "he would say that wouldn't he...." They could hardly havee been worse.