+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I'd agree he probably hasn't, but I'd also counter that he's had to live off the signings of embargoes, average signings by other managers and an average crop of summer loanees. There's only so much improvement that can be done if the players themselves are at their ceiling which is what I see from a few. He does seem to have done well in the January window, the two at the back are much better than those they replaced - the striker and Turnbull the jury is out, think there's a player in Turnbull - he seems to be a bit of a Tomlin from what I can see.

There's only so much loanees and embargoes will get you.
    Swansea are a dreadful side and they completely bossed today. Williams ran rings round Bulut. He's had 8 games and they have a clear idea of what they're doing. What are we? 38 games in and I don't really know apart from insipid. In possession, we are a complete and utter joke. The players aren't this bad, this comes down to tactics and a complete lack of identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Swansea are a dreadful side and they completely bossed today. Williams ran rings round Bulut. He's had 8 games and they have a clear idea of what they're doing. What are we? 38 games in and I don't really know apart from insipid. In possession, we are a complete and utter joke. The players aren't this bad, this comes down to tactics and a complete lack of identity.
    100% ab-so-feckin-lutely

Trying to be impartial here, I agree he was completely out thought by Williams - but you look at who we have in midfield and attack... Wintle, Tanner, Bowler, Meite, and then the injured Etete and Robinson are all absolutely bang average. Our 3 best midfielders have been injured or injury prone all season. Diedhiou and Turnbull only arrived 6 weeks ago. You work with what you have, the players that have featured most prominently wouldn't be picked up by a team pushing for promotion, which we never were, because of the embargo. Simple as that.

I don't expect us to sign like madmen this summer, but we will have more free reign to sign players Bulut actually wants. I do agree tactically he has been exposed a few times this season, but he's also done a number on a few teams.

Trying to be impartial here, I agree he was completely out thought by Williams - but you look at who we have in midfield and attack... Wintle, Tanner, Bowler, Meite, and then the injured Etete and Robinson are all absolutely bang average. Our 3 best midfielders have been injured or injury prone all season. Diedhiou and Turnbull only arrived 6 weeks ago. You work with what you have, the players that have featured most prominently wouldn't be picked up by a team pushing for promotion, which we never were, because of the embargo. Simple as that.

I don't expect us to sign like madmen this summer, but we will have more free reign to sign players Bulut actually wants. I do agree tactically he has been exposed a few times this season, but he's also done a number on a few teams.
    They had Liam Cullen and Platecha in the front 3, Joe Allen can't move and Paterson isn't special. We didn't get outclassed by a team of world beaters, far from it.

I don't want to give Bulut money because I don't trust him to use it well. I think this is the style he wants to play and it doesn't work. The majority of our wins this season are where we've done a job on sides. A goal from a set piece and then we've defended resolutely. There's more to football than that, and it also won't work long term. I don't think we've come away from too many defeats thinking "we were unlucky there" but there are a load of our wins when you think, how the hell did we win that? PNE, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Sunderland etc.

I don't want us to have to rip up and start again but I literally cannot be bothered to watch that for another season. It isn't fun and before anyone says it, Warnock had a clear plan and the football was a lot better than this.

They had Liam Cullen and Platecha in the front 3, Joe Allen can't move and Paterson isn't special. We didn't get outclassed by a team of world beaters, far from it.

I don't want to give Bulut money because I don't trust him to use it well. I think this is the style he wants to play and it doesn't work. The majority of our wins this season are where we've done a job on sides. A goal from a set piece and then we've defended resolutely. There's more to football than that, and it also won't work long term. I don't think we've come away from too many defeats thinking "we were unlucky there" but there are a load of our wins when you think, how the hell did we win that? PNE, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Sunderland etc.

I don't want us to have to rip up and start again but I literally cannot be bothered to watch that for another season. It isn't fun and before anyone says it, Warnock had a clear plan and the football was a lot better than this.
    I just don't see how he can be ousted having done what was expected with minimal finances. I don't believe we'd get anyone better, nor do I think anyone else could've got this club to safety with 8 games to go. I couldn't care less about the style of football if it's working, it has worked this season, as the objective was stay up.

I just don't see how he can be ousted having done what was expected with minimal finances. I don't believe we'd get anyone better, nor do I think anyone else could've got this club to safety with 8 games to go. I couldn't care less about the style of football if it's working, it has worked this season, as the objective was stay up.
    Our wage bill is enormous, this is a fallacy that we are doing it on the cheap. Also, everyone is skint. Nobody is spending money and we've spent 3m on Turnbull and Horvath. The objective wasn't just to stay up either. That's why he got the job.

Our wage bill is enormous, this is a fallacy that we are doing it on the cheap. Also, everyone is skint. Nobody is spending money and we've spent 3m on Turnbull and Horvath. The objective wasn't just to stay up either. That's why he got the job.
    If the objective was to go up, I'm not holding this seasons effort against Bulut.

Did we really spent 3m on two players out of contract in the summer? I have huge doubts on that.

I’ve seen the 2m bouncing around n turnbull but surely it was a minimal fee with add ons if he does well. Same with the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Did we really spent 3m on two players out of contract in the summer? I have huge doubts on that.

I’ve seen the 2m bouncing around n turnbull but surely it was a minimal fee with add ons if he does well. Same with the keeper.
    The initial fee for Turnbull was around £500k with hefty additional payments

Not hard to outthink when issues have been the same ones since the start of the season

We must be the most predictable team in the championship