+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I just watched Sky interview Bulut as part of the post-match wrap up. He thinks we were a bit better in the second half. Top manager!
    Surely he meant less awful

I just watched Sky interview Bulut as part of the post-match wrap up. He thinks we were a bit better in the second half. Top manager!
    He’s not wrong but I don’t think we could have been any worse,

We are so bereft of talent, Colwill has to play. It was much better when he was on but a hell of a low bar admittedly.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing. What is the measurement for 'a bit' anyway? How do you even quantify that?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Here's Bulut. Blaming the officials.
    https://twitter.com/CityBluebirds_/s...22063870644557
    I like Bulut, but what's the point of that. Just accept the result was deserved due to a poor performance and being completely out thought by the opposition manager.

Hate it when managers try to shift some of the blame in results like this, where it really didn't make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He’s not wrong but I don’t think we could have been any worse,
    And we are losing. There has to be a reaction, and that's the problem, we are reacting way too much instead of dictating.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think a fair bit probably got lost in translation.... including my 'Top manager!'

I really don't want the club to be chopping and changing managers all the time, and constantly resetting, but the case for Bulut is not convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    And we are losing. There has to be a reaction, and that's the problem, we are reacting way too much instead of dictating.
    Agreed.

I think a fair bit probably got lost in translation.... including my 'Top manager!'

I really don't want the club to be chopping and changing managers all the time, and constantly resetting, but the case for Bulut is not convincing.
    Well said.

It's probably been said as well but we idon't have 11 players better than Rubin Colwill, and there is no way Turnbull should ever start over him.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bowler no fight in him

Colwill is over rated

Except for grant our forward line is shocking
    Colwill did the most to drag us back into the game in the second half.

Ramsey apart he's the only midfielder we have who can hold onto the ball under pressure, beat a man (or several) and play defence splitting passes.

I think the case for the downsides to chopping and changing is more convincing than Bulut's flaws personally. A full summer window out of an embargo is something he's earned in my opinion, a lot on this board had us in the relegation dog fight so he's avoided that comfortably (barring something spectacular).

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Well said.

It's probably been said as well but we idon't have 11 players better than Rubin Colwill, and there is no way Turnbull should ever start over him.
    Problem is Colwill can't last a full game, so I can see why he isn't starting. Working on his endurance should be a priority this summer.

I think we as a club have to decide what we want. What do are our goals and how are we going to get there.

Unfortunately football now is a game of money but I always felt clubs who have a distinct idea of what they want as a club have done better. Look at Brentford and Brighton, their models have been to look at obtaining young talented players and growing them to look to sell on as they develop as a club.

We need to decide what our goals are and align our management appointments with that goal. Personally I like Bulut he's done a job off the back of the last 2 woeful seasons, however as a club what direction are we going?

If Cooper is still available I'd go for him.

Well said.

But Turnbull looked great against Ipswich. I agree with you about not having 11 players better than Colwill but probably not for the same reasons! I just think they are all....the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I think the case for the downsides to chopping and changing is more convincing than Bulut's flaws personally. A full summer window out of an embargo is something he's earned in my opinion, a lot on this board had us in the relegation dog fight so he's avoided that comfortably (barring something spectacular).
    I don't have it in me to watch that shower of shit again. We've got no style of play (in possession), we sometimes press, and sometimes we don't, we aren't really direct and we aren't a possession team. Basically we're a complete nothing side. There's some aspects of an identity out of possession but in possession we are completely and utterly clueless and in big games, when push comes to shove, you need to lean on that.

Also, I don't think anyone cold say that hand on heart he's improved any of the players bar a couple and that's a maybe. That's the biggest concern for me, nobody is drastically better now than they were in August/September.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    I think we as a club have to decide what we want. What do are our goals and how are we going to get there.

Unfortunately football now is a game of money but I always felt clubs who have a distinct idea of what they want as a club have done better. Look at Brentford and Brighton, their models have been to look at obtaining young talented players and growing them to look to sell on as they develop as a club.

We need to decide what our goals are and align our management appointments with that goal. Personally I like Bulut he's done a job off the back of the last 2 woeful seasons, however as a club what direction are we going?

If Cooper is still available I'd go for him.
    Nowhere until money is invested seriously, or as you say we focus on developing talent quickly combined with a spread out scouting network.

I'd be all for us getting rid of the academy if none are brought through next season. I've said a few times, the costs associated with running it must be astronomical. Use it or lose it quite literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    But Turnbull looked great against Ipswich. I agree with you about not having 11 players better than Colwill but probably not for the same reasons! I just think they are all....the same.
    Turnbull is a tidy footballer but he's not a difference maker. He's really not my cup of tea and does not suit the way Bulut wants to play in my opinion. He needs a lot of good players around him to function, I'd personally play him deeper but that's not going to happen. He's also got cement in his boots.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Try and be pleasant
    That's nigh on impossible for this feckin' moron

...and Wales lose 21-24 to Italy (with two very late tries for Wales) to earn the wooden Spoon.....but at least I can see what Gatland is doing in playing the youngsters...one I think who has only played 5 game for Cardiff rugby from the bench.

Bulut now needs to do the same....there is nothing to play for this season...give our youngsters a chance to sink or swim.

I don't have it in me to watch that shower of shit again. We've got no style of play (in possession), we sometimes press, and sometimes we don't, we aren't really direct and we aren't a possession team. Basically we're a complete nothing side. There's some aspects of an identity out of possession but in possession we are completely and utterly clueless and in big games, when push comes to shove, you need to lean on that.

Also, I don't think anyone cold say that hand on heart he's improved any of the players bar a couple and that's a maybe. That's the biggest concern for me, nobody is drastically better now than they were in August/September.
    Perfect summary. Feel exactly the same.

Nowhere until money is invested seriously, or as you say we focus on developing talent quickly combined with a spread out scouting network.

I'd be all for us getting rid of the academy if none are brought through next season. I've said a few times, the costs associated with running it must be astronomical. Use it or lose it quite literally.
    Nobody is spending money. We've just spent 3m on Horvarth and Turnbull allegedly. Swansea just completely ripped us apart with Liam Cullen up top. I'm sorry, it isn't good enough.

I'd agree he probably hasn't, but I'd also counter that he's had to live off the signings of embargoes, average signings by other managers and an average crop of summer loanees. There's only so much improvement that can be done if the players themselves are at their ceiling which is what I see from a few. He does seem to have done well in the January window, the two at the back are much better than those they replaced - the striker and Turnbull the jury is out, think there's a player in Turnbull - he seems to be a bit of a Tomlin from what I can see.

There's only so much loanees and embargoes will get you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Two poor teams, with our lot having the luck today. After your performance last week I feared the worse.

Thanks to your successes against the teams below us, you have helped ease our situation this season, so good luck on the run in.
    Your manager had us sussed and knew if you attacked us from the off, we'd be on the back foot until the 2nd half, usually until about the 70th minute, when Bulut actually decides to unleash some players with attacking flair. Luke Williams: had us well read today.

I'd agree he probably hasn't, but I'd also counter that he's had to live off the signings of embargoes, average signings by other managers and an average crop of summer loanees. There's only so much improvement that can be done if the players themselves are at their ceiling which is what I see from a few. He does seem to have done well in the January window, the two at the back are much better than those they replaced - the striker and Turnbull the jury is out, think there's a player in Turnbull - he seems to be a bit of a Tomlin from what I can see.

There's only so much loanees and embargoes will get you.
    Swansea are a dreadful side and they completely bossed today. Williams ran rings round Bulut. He's had 8 games and they have a clear idea of what they're doing. What are we? 38 games in and I don't really know apart from insipid. In possession, we are a complete and utter joke. The players aren't this bad, this comes down to tactics and a complete lack of identity.

'Some of my players went hiding'. Bulut gave a brutal assessment of his team's performance in the derby defeat against Swansea - particularly their dire first half showing

https://nation.cymru/sport/erol-bulu...ng-derby-game/