+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Probably our worst Derby defeat ever. Considering how bad that swansea team is. To lose like that v them is absolutely appalling. At least when they normally beat us they have some tidy players and neutrals say they are good. This swansea team is awful yet can flick us aside with no issues. Pathetic.
    Think that’s a bit of an exaggeration, I agree that it’s not a very good Swansea side and we were very poor, but there’s been worse in recent years - the two defeats in 21/22 for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    22 is hardly old is it. Outside of a handful of players, how many have every been worldclass before 21.

So what about the rest of the so called professionals that have played at this level???

Turnbull, played for Celtic and can do **** all. Bowler offers nothing.

Colwill was the only one who created opportunities for us in the 90 minutes.

We must be the only fans who are more than happy to criticise our own academy players rather than want to see them given a chance.

How can a young player grow and develop if they are only ever getting 20-25 minutes a match.

I would rather give our academy players a chance to develop then constantly rely on journeymen.
    Well said.

What a feeble ****ing attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I actually thought they played some tidy football today. Made us look crap for sure....but then.
    They did look good. But we know from the previous 40 odd games this season they really aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I actually thought they played some tidy football today. Made us look crap for sure....but then.
    We made them look good. Siopis and Wintle just chased shadows for 90 minutes it was embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    What a feeble ****ing attempt
    At least get stuck in ff sake

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can we just for once not have an argument about Colwill after a defeat? I don’t get how anyone could have watched that and concluded that Colwill’s performance was the thing above all that deserved criticism. What about the scores of things we did wrong in the first half before he came on for a start.
    I agree, but maybe people shouldn't bang on about him like he's some wonder kid, plenty did initially when they should have known better, especially in terms of development with young players. Nobody actually says what he does well either.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We made them look good. Siopis and Wintle just chased shadows for 90 minutes it was embarrassing.
    I don't think it was those twos fault though

They were left with no option

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    So that brings us back to the question - should Bulut be given a new contract?!!
    No

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't think it was those twos fault though

They were left with no option
    Go back to bed

Go back to bed
    Try and be pleasant

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think that’s a bit of an exaggeration, I agree that it’s not a very good Swansea side and we were very poor, but there’s been worse in recent years - the two defeats in 21/22 for a start.
    As individual games yes. But in 2021/22 season they finished 8 point's above us so were undoubtedly better than us. While those games were particularly bad at the end of the day if both teams played their best then they were going to win out.

However looking at those squads today and the league table with a win taking us 13 points above them the context makes today's defeat more embarrassing. A neutral would never in a million years have picked us as the side who would be 13 points clear of the other with a win.

Try and be pleasant
    After that shower of shit? Absolutely not

After that shower of shit? Absolutely not
    It was absolutely crap

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    So that brings us back to the question - should Bulut be given a new contract?!!
    I think if you asked that question at the final whistle after Ipswich you would get a lot of different answers compared to final whistle now. As we have seen on here people OTT in both directions and the truth is probably somewhere in between.

I think a case can be made for him to stay and for him to be let go. I’ll be honest I’m not sure.

As individual games yes. But in 2021/22 season they finished 8 point's above us so were undoubtedly better than us. While those games were particularly bad at the end of the day if both teams played their best then they were going to win out.

However looking at those squads today and the league table with a win taking us 13 points above them the context makes today's defeat more embarrassing. A neutral would never in a million years have picked us as the side who would be 13 points clear of the other with a win.
    I know it’s raw but I have to agree. That first half was as bad as anything I’ve seen. Gutless 45 minutes and we made the worst side they’ve had for donkeys years look like Man City. Thankfully they had Cullen on the end of the chances not Haaland.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I agree, but maybe people shouldn't bang on about him like he's some wonder kid, plenty did initially when they should have known better, especially in terms of development with young players. Nobody actually says what he does well either.
    But no one is saying he's a wonder kid. We are all just saying he's the best academy player we've produced since Ramsey (which isn't exactly hard) and has clearly shown he has the ability to play at this level and above the current crop of players.

I just want to see our academy players given a go, otherwise what is the point of having an academy. Why are we so content with not given them a chance and then dragging them down when they don't light up a game. I've seen more ferocity against him than other players in our team. Why? Because he's one of our own and some fans see something in him?

I don't see the same from Swansea? They seem to be happy to see Cullen and Cooper a go. And no offence but I personally think Colwill is a better player than them.

Players won't develop if they aren't given the chance.

Bowler no fight in him

Colwill is over rated

Except for grant our forward line is shocking
    I’ve been Colwills biggest critic but how the hell have you even mentioned him in todays debacle

They did look good. But we know from the previous 40 odd games this season they really aren't.
    Yeah...it was just that they cut us apart on so many occasions with some clever through balls. Composure in midfield. Grimes was always going to get the better of our midfield without Ramsey to contend with. We were so lucky they missed the pen and we still had a vague chance of grabbing a point. But they could have stuck a cricket score on us if they'd had a better side. That's what's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    But no one is saying he's a wonder kid. We are all just saying he's the best academy player we've produced since Ramsey (which isn't exactly hard) and has clearly shown he has the ability to play at this level and above the current crop of players.

I just want to see our academy players given a go, otherwise what is the point of having an academy. Why are we so content with not given them a chance and then dragging them down when they don't light up a game. I've seen more ferocity against him than other players in our team. Why? Because he's one of our own and some fans see something in him?

I don't see the same from Swansea? They seem to be happy to see Cullen and Cooper a go. And no offence but I personally think Colwill is a better player than them.

Players won't develop if they aren't given the chance.
    I think we all know if colwill had gone to the Swansea academy and not cardiff his career may have been very different.

Sure everyone knows what I mean. Sad to say but it's true.

I know it’s raw but I have to agree. That first half was as bad as anything I’ve seen. Gutless 45 minutes and we made the worst side they’ve had for donkeys years look like Man City. Thankfully they had Cullen on the end of the chances not Haaland.
    It was, absolutely feeble. A bulut team does not match energy, in fact Cardiff sides haven't since Warnock was here. Then we are forced in to playing a different way, pushing players on, changing players role in an attacking sense. It's no surprise we look a bit better when we have to react to a situation, i.e 1-0 down. And even then we create so little.

I think we all know if colwill had gone to the Swansea academy and not cardiff his career may have been very different.

Sure everyone knows what I mean. Sad to say but it's true.

And to top it off I polished off that packet of chocolate digestives and am now consumed by guilt, shame......and disappointment!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I’ve been Colwills biggest critic but how the hell have you even mentioned him in todays debacle
    Because I think he's over rated and that's not based on today's horror show

A few nice passes does not a great player make

I want to see him given lots of game time between now and the end of the season now that the pressure is off

I hope I am wrong

We played to their strengths

We got pulled into areas of the pitch we didn’t want to be and didn’t have the legs to play how we ended up playing