+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think he’s done well lately, thought he did well when he came on as well.
    I am still waiting for consistency from him but I thought he was pretty good when he cam on today.

Re: SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yet the manager never does…..
    Colwill is VASTLY overrated. 22 years old and he hasn't got 90 minutes in him. If he wasn't Welsh, everyone would be pissing all over him. What did he do today? He's not even an impact sub.

Least we can all enjoy a long summer now as that's this season over. Pathetic performance, just don't understand how we turn up to these games and nearly every time drop either our worst or one of our worst performances of the season.

Pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Colwill is VASTLY overrated. 22 years old and he hasn't got 90 minutes in him. If he wasn't Welsh, everyone would be pissing all over him. What did he do today? He's not even an impact sub.
    Think he was probably the best of an extremely bad bunch today, excluding the centre backs who did little wrong.

As a general point, agreed - he isn't 'him'.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Colwill has had lots of opportunities

He's 22 , not 17
    22 is hardly old is it. Outside of a handful of players, how many have every been worldclass before 21.

So what about the rest of the so called professionals that have played at this level???

Turnbull, played for Celtic and can do **** all. Bowler offers nothing.

Colwill was the only one who created opportunities for us in the 90 minutes.

We must be the only fans who are more than happy to criticise our own academy players rather than want to see them given a chance.

How can a young player grow and develop if they are only ever getting 20-25 minutes a match.

I would rather give our academy players a chance to develop then constantly rely on journeymen.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think he’s done well lately, thought he did well when he came on as well.
    What do you mean by well? Better than Turnbull, no doubt? But is he making a difference, is he showing up enough in the final third, or are we that down trodden interns of witnessing quality and ability that we get a bit giddy over a player who produces the odd bit of quality without ever really imposing himself on a game On occasion, for periods, he looks the best of a bad bunch.

So that brings us back to the question - should Bulut be given a new contract?!!

Totally owned today. They played well. They played football. They played the professional playbook (Darling). We were lucky Meite didn't go. Ronald looked really good. Goutas the best of our lot but Ronald my MOM. Bulut a rabbit in the headlights. That was an awful performance. Haven't looked at the stats but how many corners did they have?

Probably our worst Derby defeat ever. Considering how bad that swansea team is. To lose like that v them is absolutely appalling. At least when they normally beat us they have some tidy players and neutrals say they are good. This swansea team is awful yet can flick us aside with no issues. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I am still waiting for consistency from him but I thought he was pretty good when he cam on today.
    Hard to have consistency when he starts the odd game now and again then given 20 minutes to do something.

Turnbull and Bowler have had plenty of opportunities recently weeks and done nothing. Why can't we give one of our own a chance to start

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Best line of the day, 'We were never in it' let's talk shit about personnel, selection etc. All futile in my opinion. Players who don't match the opposition in terms of desire, and a manager who allowed certain aspects of the game to fail time after time after time, without doing a thing about it.
    This sums it up for me. The same tired, lazy start (which usually goes on for 70 minutes). The only ones with flare are stuck on the bench with the hope that it’s 0-2 or less with 20 minutes to go. That’s no way to set up for competitive football.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    So that brings us back to the question - should Bulut be given a new contract?!!
    It's always been a no from me. That seals it. Wintle can f*ck off too.

....and Wales awful too...losing 0-11 to Itay....

At least season over now and hopefully we never see the likes of bowler again. So bad. Got to play some youngsters now they literally can not be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    At least season over now and hopefully we never see the likes of bowler again. So bad. Got to play some youngsters now they literally can not be worse.
    I hope so....

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Probably our worst Derby defeat ever. Considering how bad that swansea team is. To lose like that v them is absolutely appalling. At least when they normally beat us they have some tidy players and neutrals say they are good. This swansea team is awful yet can flick us aside with no issues. Pathetic.
    I actually thought they played some tidy football today. Made us look crap for sure....but then.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can we just for once not have an argument about Colwill after a defeat? I don’t get how anyone could have watched that and concluded that Colwill’s performance was the thing above all that deserved criticism. What about the scores of things we did wrong in the first half before he came on for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can we just for once not have an argument about Colwill after a defeat? I don’t get how anyone could have watched that and concluded that Colwill’s performance was the thing above all that deserved criticism. What about the scores of things we did wrong in the first half before he came on for a start.
    Because our fans would rather criticise our own academy players. Then they will moan we never produce anyone.

Waste of ****ing time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    What did grant do?

Colwill released us 2-3 times with a quality pass for our only attacks. And he was the only player attempting anything. He should start every single game.

Totally agree and bowler should never bother our ground again - time for Ashford and colwell junior to see if they have what to takes

Still want bulut to stay but I think he won't of his own desire and we will be back to square one and god help us then -another season of stagnation

Having Ramsey and colwill on the pitch gives us a different dimension the former we have missed massively obviously - he buys us time for other players

Ah well at least we stemmed the double trend

Off to have a break from the board for a couple of weeks cos we all know that was massively poor but there will be so many negative over reactions that it is not worth hanging around for with a few toxic negative posters derailing every single thread even if it is about under water basket weaving repeating the same angst over and over and over - so not worth it for me - be back after the international break - now where's Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Best line of the day, 'We were never in it' let's talk shit about personnel, selection etc. All futile in my opinion. Players who don't match the opposition in terms of desire, and a manager who allowed certain aspects of the game to fail time after time after time, without doing a thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's a luxury in a game where we are struggling
    As opposed to the rest of the midfield, who were doing a wonderful job when he came on.

The only times we moved the ball forward the entire game were through him. He's twice the player Turnbull is.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    What did grant do?

Colwill released us 2-3 times with a quality pass for our only attacks. And he was the only player attempting anything. He should start every single game.
    You’re wasting your time he hasn’t got a ****ing clue. That said neither did our manager or most of the players today.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Because our fans would rather criticise our own academy players. Then they will moan we never produce anyone.

Waste of ****ing time.
    Exactly this