+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: And it's goodnight from me

Re: And it's goodnight from me

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think that there should be an agreed maximum length of post. I went away and had a cup of tea and when I came back this one was still going !! 😄
    😂😂 Appreciated. Apologies. A subject I very much enjoy. Time for me to make my own brew

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Out right lies like what….( even our own politicians in the echelons of power, lie ) care to point them out , and if you can point them out will be offered a counter argument- that’s how a message-board works.

As far as I’m aware you just don’t appear like posters who have different opinions on what you want to hear. If you don’t like what’s being posted then just ignore it.

Besides , as another poster pointed out it’s a football message-board, I think this would be the last place I’d come for facts and evidence based analysis if you’re that put out.
    I have pointed them out with direct quotes from those who lied about what I supposedly said and asked repeatedly for them to back up their lies with what I said.
    I am fully aware as to how a message board works and it's not about what I don't want to hear.
    If, for example, I said that certain poster on make often make racist remarks I think it fully justify that they ask me to back up my assertion if they believe what I have said is a downright lie and an unjustified slur.
    Don't confuse that stance with general disparaging remarks one may receive on here that are more subjective and which are part and parcel of being on a message board.
    I don't intend banging on about this endlessly and if you disagree with my stance, that's fine. As I say, I don't have a problem with opinions opposing mine.
    I'll leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not true. I was born cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The board is getting more positive, Bulut and the team are improving, and that sort of change is not for everyone, I'm not saying Eric, but a lot of posters prefer posting when we are doing badly, they like to moan about the football.
    You are defintiely saying Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    ���� Appreciated. Apologies. A subject I very much enjoy. Time for me to make my own brew
    Re. your long post earlier...it is interesting but you do make the assumption that everyone posts the truth, is emotionally consistent, never deviates, hasn't got a personality disorder, has no alter-ego personas, and is not on a plethora of anti-psychotics. Not everyone can be like me!

....also....pretty much all of the city traders I knew were best mates with Charlie and had every betting app known to humankind on their smartphones. I'm just not convinced that olfactory skills are the answer to making great decisions. Unless, maybe, you're a chef. Or herbalist.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You are defintiely saying Eric
    No names no pack drill, they know who they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Re. your long post earlier...it is interesting but you do make the assumption that everyone posts the truth, is emotionally consistent, never deviates, hasn't got a personality disorder, has no alter-ego personas, and is not on a plethora of anti-psychotics. Not everyone can be like me!

....also....pretty much all of the city traders I knew were best mates with Charlie and had every betting app known to humankind on their smartphones. I'm just not convinced that olfactory skills are the answer to making great decisions. Unless, maybe, you're a chef. Or herbalist.
    I was only saying to myself the other day………….

The issue with a lot of these places is people carry a grudge.

"reply to the post not the poster" is one you'll often hear but it never happens.

There was a poster who replied to something I said on a thread a few weeks ago, his last interaction with me would have been on the thread about the car crash in Cardiff where them teenagers died, yet on a completely unrelated thread he replied to a post i'd made, you could smell the hate from miles away... that's not a healthy way to behave.

Personal grudges build up, and naturally these come out to play during threads, the more prominent posters will naturally have more grudges, and you can see why the people that post less or log on less frequently get frustrated by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    The issue with a lot of these places is people carry a grudge.

"reply to the post not the poster" is one you'll often hear but it never happens.

There was a poster who replied to something I said on a thread a few weeks ago, his last interaction with me would have been on the thread about the car crash in Cardiff where them teenagers died, yet on a completely unrelated thread he replied to a post i'd made, you could smell the hate from miles away... that's not a healthy way to behave.

Personal grudges build up, and naturally these come out to play during threads, the more prominent posters will naturally have more grudges, and you can see why the people that post less or log on less frequently get frustrated by it.
    Also, you are a bit of cock to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Also, you are a bit of cock to be fair.
    Another one comfortable with his keyboard.

How many of my 248 posts to date have I been "a bit of a cock' ?

I will engage no further, as this has feck all to do with said thread, which was one of the points I made, another person with a grudge who can't forget the past, another point I made...

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have pointed them out with direct quotes from those who lied about what I supposedly said and asked repeatedly for them to back up their lies with what I said.
    I am fully aware as to how a message board works and it's not about what I don't want to hear.
    If, for example, I said that certain poster on make often make racist remarks I think it fully justify that they ask me to back up my assertion if they believe what I have said is a downright lie and an unjustified slur.
    Don't confuse that stance with general disparaging remarks one may receive on here that are more subjective and which are part and parcel of being on a message board.
    I don't intend banging on about this endlessly and if you disagree with my stance, that's fine. As I say, I don't have a problem with opinions opposing mine.
    I'll leave it there.
    Disappointed to see you go Steve. One of my favourite posters .
    There will be no one left by the end of this thread.

Maybe just me and Sludge?

I don't normally get involved it " goodbye posts " , when I wanted a break, I ( thought I had ) sent a message to Mike and said im taking a break, as if I announced I would be going I would get loads of people having a party and celebrating

But in Eric's case I will, ive had a few interactions with him, recently ive found his posts definiatly 1/2 empty, but we have a good % of negative people on here, a few weeks back someone posted about " protests at the next game " which really tickled me, maybe its the recent few years, but city fans have certainly got alot of negative ( and I find the welsh a fairly downbeat lot anyway, for the record im welsh ) but I honestly think this place will be worse off without him, his stat's are interesting and will be missed

Maybe Eric spends more time on the Alt forum, I dont, its got a fair few loons who bang the same drum with the same repetitive beat, personally I find this main forum fairly controlled now, Mike or Myself occasionally deletes the odd post that gets out of hand, its been a while since a load of posts have had to be deleted, which has to be a good sign, maybe this place isnt a " utter cesspit " after all

I will sat=y though, This place has always had a " pack mentality " , I should know that, as lets be honest, I should have jacked in here a long time ago, but you learn to take what you want from the place, a bit of a laugh and some city news, you adapt on what you use this place for, personally for me, I dont post like I did, people found my posts boring, thats fine, so maybe Eric can do the same, maybe avoid the loons forum

Dembe has a point above, people hold grudges here far too long, its all rather a little sad, but most social media places are the same, safety from behind the screen I guess

Ive always had the opinion to treat this place like your friendly bar, where everyone knows your name

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I don't normally get involved it " goodbye posts " , when I wanted a break, I ( thought I had ) sent a message to Mike and said im taking a break, as if I announced I would be going I would get loads of people having a party and celebrating

But in Eric's case I will, ive had a few interactions with him, recently ive found his posts definiatly 1/2 empty, but we have a good % of negative people on here, a few weeks back someone posted about " protests at the next game " which really tickled me, maybe its the recent few years, but city fans have certainly got alot of negative ( and I find the welsh a fairly downbeat lot anyway, for the record im welsh ) but I honestly think this place will be worse off without him, his stat's are interesting and will be missed

Maybe Eric spends more time on the Alt forum, I dont, its got a fair few loons who bang the same drum with the same repetitive beat, personally I find this main forum fairly controlled now, Mike or Myself occasionally deletes the odd post that gets out of hand, its been a while since a load of posts have had to be deleted, which has to be a good sign, maybe this place isnt a " utter cesspit " after all

I will sat=y though, This place has always had a " pack mentality " , I should know that, as lets be honest, I should have jacked in here a long time ago, but you learn to take what you want from the place, a bit of a laugh and some city news, you adapt on what you use this place for, personally for me, I dont post like I did, people found my posts boring, thats fine, so maybe Eric can do the same, maybe avoid the loons forum

Dembe has a point above, people hold grudges here far too long, its all rather a little sad, but most social media places are the same, safety from behind the screen I guess

Ive always had the opinion to treat this place like your friendly bar, where everyone knows your name
    Cheers

Going on this board requires an eye for what’s actually relevant or interesting. I find it pretty easy to just filter out all the arguing or politics chat or just general weird stuff and find all the football chat.

Would be a real shame to lose your posts though Eric :( hope you can reconsider 👍

I don't have a problem with people posting opinions different to me. As a matter of interest what I have posted that has turned out to be untrue? I hope you aren't one of the tiresome posters to whom I refer i.e. those who assign comments to me that I have never made,
    Wales-Bale and truthpaste being two of them.
    Don't blame me for your lack of perspicacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Going on this board requires an eye for what’s actually relevant or interesting. I find it pretty easy to just filter out all the arguing or politics chat or just general weird stuff and find all the football chat.

Would be a real shame to lose your posts though Eric :( hope you can reconsider ��
    indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post

Would be a real shame to lose your posts though Eric :( hope you can reconsider 👍
    Spot on, it’s not difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

I think there are several packs and a lot of lone wolves who just speak their minds.

There is an 'alt right and conspiracy pack', there is a 'political left' pack, there is a 'happy clappy pack' (dml1954 is on his own), and there is a bigger 'we are shit' pack.... and several others.

There is also the 'I am a victim' pack that used to be just LOM but has grown a bit recently.

We don't have to agree with each other - or like each other - but there is also a CCMB super pack that represents all corners of this weird community and is usually amazingly helpful and supportive whenever anyone is in pain or trouble - regardless of what other board grouping they usually inhabit.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think there are several packs and a lot of lone wolves who just speak their minds.

There is an 'alt right and conspiracy pack', there is a 'political left' pack, there is a 'happy clappy pack' (dml1954 is on his own), and there is a bigger 'we are shit' pack.... and several others.

There is also the 'I am a victim' pack that used to be just LOM but has grown a bit recently.

We don't have to agree with each other - or like each other - but there is also a CCMB super pack that represents all corners of this weird community and is usually amazingly helpful and supportive whenever anyone is in pain or trouble - regardless of what other board grouping they usually inhabit.
    Brigades, surely?

For Eric,

I miss you xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Disappointed to see you go Steve. One of my favourite posters .
    There will be no one left by the end of this thread.

Maybe just me and Sludge?
    I'm not going anywhere, old fruit. It's Eric who is orf.

Sorry to see you leaving, Eric. I liked the stats stuff and your departure takes away something that was good about the board. It's fair to say it's gone from something I contribute to on a daily basis, to something I sometimes rememeber to check. I suspect it's because there are so many more forums than there were when I was a regular on here (late 1990s, early 00s), but it's just a lot quieter on here with seemingly fewer users. It's the same dozen or so posters posting all the time. Not that I have an issue with any of them, but it just gets repetative.

All the best.

I would be interested to know of anyone who has given up posting on here on my behalf but if you know any such person, please do tell
    to be honest TBG, I stopped posting regularly when I found some of the long words you use intimidating, I would find myself running a finger underneath the words on the screen while I spelt them out slowly in digestible increments.

I also never came to terms with you calling me a 'sausalito' (little willow)

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    to be honest TBG, I stopped posting regularly when I found some of the long words you use intimidating, I would find myself running a finger underneath the words on the screen while I spelt them out slowly in digestible increments.

I also never came to terms with you calling me a 'sausalito' (little willow)
    I'm sure TBG must have Spaghetti Letters for breakfast sometimes
    However, he's a good poster and always polite.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

That is an excellent post Jon. Sometimes it's a bit like brothers fighting but deep down there is a common bond that holds them together.

It is a pity to see Eric go but I suspect he will return to the fold in the not too distant future. His input will certainly be missed by me.