After 20 years on this board (with a year off a few seasons ago), I've decided to call it a day.

I've loved being able to post random stats of all sorts, not that I've ever regarded myself as any sort of statto. Stats have interested me whether positive, negative, in between etc. Runs of form, goals scored, conceded, winless runs, winning runs, all fascinating. I've had opinions that others have hated!

This has been a home for me. I met the woman who would (regrettably for her I'm sure!) become my wife on here back in 2006. I love those who I've got to know through this board. Mike is a legend and a top bloke and I thank him for not barring me over the wasp joke!!

We have some great contributors to this board, particularly TOBW, whose blog is amazing and his level headedness has been so consistent over the years. If I've ever needed a snapshot of where we are as a club, TOBW has always been my go to. TLG, while we've had ferocious arguments on here at times, is a top bloke who hasn't deserved the vitriol he's had in recent years. This board is so much poorer without him. I might argue with Sludge, but he is a great bloke, funny and I'll never lose my respect for him and I thank him for introducing me to dogging.

What I cannot ignore is that this board feels very alien to me now. I chat to lots of City fans on various platforms. It's always light hearted, even if opinions differ. This board seems anything but that. I think it's telling that none of my close City fans post on here any more. Things are about being right, proving others wrong. I don't care for that level of sneering.

I'm sure there'll be lots telling me to piss off, which would only prove my point. This isn't a decision made on a Sunday after a beer. It's been many weeks in progress. Maybe it's just me getting old.

Nos da.