+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January transfer window, that was a good one!

International

January transfer window, that was a good one!

January was a good window, and better than I expected especially after missing out on Moore and the Turkish Greek players we were supposedly linked with!

How would you rate them?

Phillips - Class 9/10
    Wilson - Esbrand - Brilliant 9/10
    Turnball - Very good makes things look easy 8.5/10
    Horvath - Underatted by many fans, good ranges and out very quickly treasures the defence 8.5/10
    Jay-Jew - Solid has the knack of being in the right place at the right time 8/10
    O'Dowda - Like a new signing 9/10 in the few minutes he's had, what a player.

They've all had an impact and added to the team making the players around them look much better, Bowler, Grant, Miete, Siopis and Wintle have benefited massively.

Any thoughts?

Re: January transfer window the best one ever?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Not really but it was a good one, and better than I expected especially after missing out on Moore and the Turkish Greek players we were supposedly linked with!

How would you rate them?

Phillips - Class 9/10
    Horvath - Underatted by many fans, good ranges and out very quickly treasures the defence 8.5/10
    Jay-Jew - Solid has the knack of being in the right place at the right time 8/10

They've all had an impact and added to the team making the players around them look much better, Bowler, Grant, Miete, Siopis and Wintle have benefited massively.

Any thoughts?
    My thoughts are if we hadn’t scored 2 very late injury time goals on Saturday then these ratings would be much lower!

O’Dowda wasn’t a January signing. Of the others 5.5 for Dheidou ( we still picked no goals Meite ahead of him on Saturday), 7 for Turnbull , Wilson and Horvath and 8 for Phillips. Good thing is we are seeing improved performances from these players from the first couple of games so hopefully even more to come from them.

Re: January transfer window, that was a good one!

January was a good window, and better than I expected especially after missing out on Moore and the Turkish Greek players we were supposedly linked with!

How would you rate them?

Phillips - Class 9/10

Any thoughts?
    Oh without a doubt. Nothing happens straight away, but this has been a transfer window whose impact is only a shade short of ORGASMIC. I like to call it “Jizzworthy January”.

Great call, and spot on

Phillips - Hes been excellent 8/10
    Wilson - Esbrand -A dodgy start but has looked better and better, needs to use he ball better in final third 7/10
    Turnball - dissapointing although signs of improvement 6/10
    Horvath - another with a slow start but has looked brighter and brighter, I like him 7/10
    Jay-Jew - 6 starting to get involved, took his goal well and involved sat as sub, needs to do way more before being considered a good loan signing.

It would have been a better January if the issues upfront were resolved, and I don’t think they were but it’s always hard to pick up decent strikers and even harder in January.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    My thoughts are if we hadn’t scored 2 very late injury time goals on Saturday then these ratings would be much lower!

O’Dowda wasn’t a January signing. Of the others 5.5 for Dheidou ( we still picked no goals Meite ahead of him on Saturday), 7 for Turnbull , Wilson and Horvath and 8 for Phillips. Good thing is we are seeing improved performances from these players from the first couple of games so hopefully even more to come from them.
    Fair enough, I'm rating high and probably getting a bit carried away after four wins in a row and the last against the third best team in the league who had won all of their previous six games and we had to come from behind to do it

International

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post

Wilson - Esbrand and O'Dowda LIKE having a new player have transformed our left hand side from a massive weakness to a strength.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Wilson - Esbrand -A dodgy start but has looked better and better, needs to use he ball better in final third 7/10
    Horvath - another with a slow start but has looked brighter and brighter, I like him 7/10
    Jay-Jew - 6 starting to get involved, took his goal well and involved sat as sub, needs to do way more before being considered a good loan signing.

It would have been a better January if the issues upfront were resolved, and I don’t think they were but it’s always hard to pick up decent strikers and even harder in January.
    All the January signings have made a worthy contribution of sorts apart from Turnbull.

I’m with you here - he has been disappointing so far.

International

I like Turnball he's going to be another player underrated by many fans, he gives all the midfield more time but takes the ball relieves the pressure, and finds a man with the next pass. Soipis, Grant, Bowler, Wintle, and the Strikers have improved significantly with Turnbull in the team.

I like Turnball he's going to be another player underrated by many fans, he gives all the midfield more time but takes the ball relieves the pressure, and finds a man with the next pass. Soipis, Grant, Bowler, Wintle, and the Strikers have improved significantly with Turnbull in the team.
    I’m not writing him off, he’s improving. Everyone has improved I’m not sure that’s down to Turnbull but you maybe right that he gives us a bit more balance than previously. He needs to add goals and his final pass needs to be that little bit better at times. In contrast his set pieces have been very good.

After a slow start he’s deservedly pushed his way into the team.

I must have missed a trick on Diedhiou, one very well taken and important goal but before that, he hardly ran 5 feet in all the games he'd played for us.

Other than that I agree an excellent window that really put any lingering fears of being involved at the wrong end to bed, and I'm confident that Turnbull and Horvath will be important players for us going forward (as harsh as that is on Alnwick).

International

Cardiff star Manolis Siopis says the arrival of new players has boosted the squad and believes the win over the East Anglia outfit will give them momentum in the final stretch of the season.

Four wins on the spin have injected lift back into the Bluebirds, with the play-offs still on the horizon. The Greek midfielder says fresh blood has given the team a lift.

“Now we have very good momentum, and I hope we can continue until the end of the season like this," he said.

“You can see from the moment that the new players joined in January, it’s important that we have good players and ensure that the team spirit is good.

A sensible assessment at last.

I love all the different spellings of Sopiasis on the board!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Sopiasssi, think i went there for a week, 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Turnball is quietly running him close

Phillips for me looks quality and has struck up a great partnership with Goutas. Timely given McGuinness' injury.

Turnbull and Wilson-Esbrand settling in well.

Horvath is looking good after a shaky start.

All at least do the basics well which helps.

Diedhiou with a well taken goal against Huddersfield but not seem too much of him otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Turnball is quietly running him close
    🤣haha! Yeah. And Jay Dew.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sopiasssi, think i went there for a week, 1989.
    They never let he back there after the incident with the anchovies, an avocado and the bottle of Retsina.

Amazing what a win can do

A bit of hyperbole here

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Amazing what a win can do

A bit of hyperbole here
    Plenty!

A couple have contributed positively but a couple have been duds so far.

All context and perspective seems to have gone out of the window.