+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Ralls signs new contract

New contract agreed

Joe Ralls

Joe Ralls signs new contract

Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce that captain Joe Ralls has signed a new contract!

Our skipper has signed a new deal initially until the end of the 2024/25 campaign.

An appearance-based one year extension is also included within this agreement, which would see the deal include the following 2025/26 campaign.

Joe joined the Bluebirds Academy at just 16-years-old in 2010. Within 15 months, he'd made his First Team debut, signed a first professional deal and scored a first professional goal on league debut - a stunner at Hull City.

Rallsy has been a key player for this football Club throughout his time here, leading by example on and off the pitch. Initially vice-captain for friend and colleague Sean Morrison, Joe was named permanent captain of the Club in 2022.

Speaking to Cardiff City TV after signing his new agreement, Rallsy said: “I feel amazing. I’m really proud to continue my journey here. I’ve loved every minute of it so far.

“I’m enjoying working with the manager and this group of players. We have the ability to have a really strong finish this season and to carry it on for years to come.

“It’s something I’m really excited about and I want to be a major part of that.”

City boss Erol Bulut added: “Rallsy grew up here. He’s earned this new deal with his performances this season.

“But other than that, he’s a captain and our leader. His management of our team is so important. He pushes our squad whether on the pitch or not.

“These types of people have to stay. The board and myself knew he had to continue at our Club. We are delighted he’s agreed to stay.”

Re: Joe Ralls signs new contract

Was at Hull when he scored on his league debut

I would have had him on a 'Pay as you play'..........

Great news.

Excellent news.

International

Very loyal player for us, well done Rallsey

Great news and a sensible approach

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I would have had him on a 'Pay as you play'..........
    Now are you being serious there I wonder? I’ll be serious and say the use of the words “appearance based” about the further one year extension suggests there is an element of pay as you play to it.

This time last year, I would have said Joe Ralls was on his last contract at City as he was missing lots of games and struggling when he did play. He’s missed quite a few games this season, but it seems to me that, first, he’s in better form than he was in 22/23 and, second, whatever it is which causes him to miss so many games is not affecting him as much when he plays as it once did - he’s been able to play the occasional full ninety minutes this season and going back a year again, I’d have said such things were beyond him.

Very good news regarding someone who has been such a great servant of the club - testimonial games are almost unheard of these days, but Ralls has more than qualified for one now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Now are you being serious there I wonder? I’ll be serious and say the use of the words “appearance based” about the further one year extension suggests there is an element of pay as you play to it.

This time last year, I would have said Joe Ralls was on his last contract at City as he was missing lots of games and struggling when he did play. He’s missed. quite a few games this season, but it seems to me that, first, he’s in better form this season and, second, whatever it is which causes him to miss so many games is not affecting him as much when he plays - he’s been able to play the occasional full ninety minutes this season and going back a year again, I’d have said such things were beyond him.

Very good news regarding someone who has been such a great servant of the club - testimonial games are a”most unheard of these days, but Ralls has more than qualified for one now.
    The '.........' at the end should tell you that he's not serious, Bob.

This time last year, I would have said Joe Ralls was on his last contract at City as he was missing lots of games and struggling when he did play. He’s missed quite a few games this season, but it seems to me that, first, he’s in better form than he was in 22/23 and, second, whatever it is which causes him to miss so many games is not affecting him as much when he plays as it once did - he’s been able to play the occasional full ninety minutes this season and going back a year again, I’d have said such things were beyond him.

Very good news regarding someone who has been such a great servant of the club - testimonial games are almost unheard of these days, but Ralls has more than qualified for one now.
    Perhaps the 'appearance based' extension is on condition he plays a certain amount of games in the 24/25 season?

Nah! Not for me. I think that’s just silly. Time to move on. I’m not sentimental. Edit: giving him a contract I mean. I want a fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Very loyal player for us, well done Rallsey
    Let's not overlook the fact that it's also a two-way thing.
    Joe Ralls and his family are probably very settled in the area.
    Unlike many players, he hasn't had to deal with uprooting his family, finding new schools for the kids, living out of hotels, hoping his wife can settle in the new area, having to win over a new set of fans, etc etc.

5th longest serving player in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Nah! Not for me. I think that’s just silly. Time to move on. I’m not sentimental. Edit: giving him a contract I mean. I want a fresh start.
    He's still one of our best midfielders, why would you want to move on?

28 league appearances this season and we've won only 2 of the 9 games he's missed

You lost me at ‘he’s still one of our best midfielders’ ……I haven’t taken our midfield seriously for years.

Good news

Good news, im glad it’s a year, i can see him being more of a squad player going forward. Our midfield still generally looks better with him in it.

Ralls is a all round player for when the hard work needs doing

If anyone needs to be on a pay as your play deal it's rambo who is more than likely to retire at the end of this season than sign a new contract

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Ralls is a all round player for when the hard work needs doing

If anyone needs to be on a pay as your play deal it's rambo who is more than likely to retire at the end of this season than sign a new contract
    Who was the last Cardiff player to sign a play as you play deal? Is there currently any in the championship? I’ll be honestly I can’t think of any players.

How many years have we been saying ‘glad it’s another year?’ Jo Ralls getting a year’s contract extension is like some sort of CCFC annual event now. All the usual platitudes. Every year for the at least three seasons. Please make it stop and let’s move on. 🫣😆🥲

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    How many years have we been saying ‘glad it’s another year?’ Jo Ralls getting a year’s contract extension is like some sort of CCFC annual event now. All the usual platitudes. Every year for the at least three seasons. Please make it stop and let’s move on. 🫣😆🥲
    He's shown he's still got what it takes to play midfield at championship level

Am i being serious?