+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Ralls signs new contract

Re: Joe Ralls signs new contract

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Who was the last Cardiff player to sign a play as you play deal? Is there currently any in the championship? I’ll be honestly I can’t think of any players.
    I'd go one further and say who was the last player to sign a play as you play deal? Granted not the most in depth investigations conducted, but a quick search on the internet and the only return for a specific player is Owen Hargreaves in 2011.

Who was the last Cardiff player to sign a play as you play deal? Is there currently any in the championship? I’ll be honestly I can’t think of any players.
    I don't know but it should be rambo as he's crocked

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I'd go one further and say who was the last player to sign a play as you play deal? Granted not the most in depth investigations conducted, but a quick search on the internet and the only return for a specific player is Owen Hargreaves in 2011.
    I was going to say who was the last players to have a pay as you play deal but then half expected someone to pull of a list of random players lol. I couldn’t think of any.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's shown he's still got what it takes to play midfield at championship level
    Sludge. With all the love in the world I honestly don’t think that’s a badge of honour anymore mate! ⚽️

Bloody teary-eyed sentimentalists! 🥲🥲🤣😛

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Bloody teary-eyed sentimentalists! 🥲🥲🤣😛
    Honestly, with Joe's reoccurring injury problems, I'd be surprised if he was able to trigger an extension clause to see him into the 25/26 season.
    Even if injuries are not the cause of him making sufficient appearances, I think the fact that new, fresh, legs will see him struggling to make match-day squads.

I think we’re better when he’s in the side. Great servant, it’s clear he adds value to the dressing room, so it’s a good deal for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Perhaps the 'appearance based' extension is on condition he plays a certain amount of games in the 24/25 season?
    That's how I read it.

7 assists this season, 3 more than anyone else, plus a goal.

Ralls has consistently shown the last few years that when he doesn't play we sorely miss him.

He's a really solid player at this level and it's hard to come by an experienced pro in the championship. As someone already pointed out he makes us a much better team.

Fully deserved extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    7 assists this season, 3 more than anyone else, plus a goal.
    Ralls has something to offer, it might be coming off the bench and helping to close the game out, it might be offering an alternative to a tired midfield that plays Saturday, Tuesday Saturday etc.

Whatever it is, a good few managers have trusted Ralls to do a job, rightly so!

He’s been a great servant to the club and it’s nice to see loyalty, recognised and rewarded in my opinion

I’ saw him make his debut away at Oxford’ at the start of that League Cup run in 2011,

Well done to the club

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That's how I read it.
    It would be that. Play as you go doesn't exist, certainly not in professional football. Those who advocate something like that are essentially promoting a zero hour contract. ****ing Tories

How many have lasted so long coming through as a 16 year old? Doesn’t matter we snatched him from Aldershot. He’s a product from the City youth.whichever way you look at it, he’s been a loyal and very good player for the Club.

A bit of continuity & familiarity doesn’t go amiss. His off field worth is an asset, knowing the place and club inside out & conveying it to new recruits is not to be sniffed at.

Good, I'm glad.

When you look at all the creative ways we have spunked money away over the years even if he manages a similar amount of matches to this season it's worthwhile.

Good solid pro that has rarely let anyone down. Still only 30 and been here all those years.

If only we had found more like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Good, I'm glad.

When you look at all the creative ways we have spunked money away over the years even if he manages a similar amount of matches to this season it's worthwhile.

Good solid pro that has rarely let anyone down. Still only 30 and been here all those years.

If only we had found moore like him.
    FYP

Robbie Fowler, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A bit of continuity & familiarity doesn’t go amiss. His off field worth is an asset, knowing the place and club inside out & conveying it to new recruits is not to be sniffed at.
    Pretty much my view on it too. We're likely again to get a fair few players in though the door in the summer and having some continuity will surely help settling in.

He's had a solid year this season and Bulut has stated a while ago that he wanted Joe to stay. The extension clause looks to be a shrewd move by the club too.

OK. You'll be glad to know that I won't post on this again after this one but I just gotta say that I like Joe and agree with a lot of stuff but come on!....blue-coloured specs or what?!

Our mid-field has been slagged off for years....with or without Joe. Also....what about the Leicester game? Dewsbury-Hall anyone?....but carry on with the love-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    OK. You'll be glad to know that I won't post on this again after this one but I just gotta say that I like Joe and agree with a lot of stuff but come on!....blue-coloured specs or what?!

Our mid-field has been slagged off for years....with or without Joe. Also....what about the Leicester game? Dewsbury-Hall anyone?....but carry on with the love-in.
    Ah…Dewsbury Hall, my parents had a wedding anniversary do there…great memories

Decent chance he ends up as one of our top 10 highest appearing players.

There’s got to be something about him for a dozen or so managers to consistently pick him for the last 10+ years.

I think we’re a better team with him on the pitch.

Just did a captain’s interview on Sky

Spoke fondly of his love for the club

great news, may not quite be " one of our own " but he certainly thinks that way

gives 100% and add quality to our team, glad to have you staying around Rallsy