+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales Rugby Union fail to sell out

Wales Rugby Union fail to sell out

71,242 at the France game unlikely to sell out this weekend v Italy either

Too expensive for the fans must be a factor?

Re: Wales Rugby Union fail to sell out

£115 for a ticket I think was the top price this year. I was offered some for £75 as clubs can't even sell them these days. Years ago the only way to get 5 or 6 Nations tickets was through a club, and that was via a ballot aswell. Now they can't even get rid of them via general sale. Having 3 home games doesn't help either.
    People and families have to make tough choices these days and something has to give.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    £115 for a ticket I think was the top price this year. I was offered some for £75 as clubs can't even sell them these days. Years ago the only way to get 5 or 6 Nations tickets was through a club, and that was via a ballot aswell. Now they can't even get rid of them via general sale. Having 3 home games doesn't help either.
    People and families have to make tough choices these days and something has to give.
    They'd sell them easily if they were winning!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    They'd sell them easily if they were winning!
    hardly rip roaring entertainment and not surprising. a fool and their money....................

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    hardly rip roaring entertainment and not surprising. a fool and their money....................
    1000's go just to post on their INSTA look at me at the Rugger and getting p!ssed on their 3 shandy's, it's only a few games a year, so they can afford it when they are winning and it's trendy.

Good, they deserve it. I love Welsh rugby but have little time for the WRU. They absolutely exploit their cultural position in the country, rip people off and the atmosphere is absolutely dire in there bar for brief moments. Sounded okay against France but only cos of the visiting fans. I loved Max Boyce's dig about Delilah too.

Just looked online and the WRU ticket website is actually very good and it tells you how many tickets are available in each block. There are 300+ available tickets in some upper blocks and the back 4-5 rows look free around the ground.

They are £60/30 kids tickets btw, which I don't actually think is outrageous, but at the cheapest available, it is clearly too much.

Glad to see they haven't sold out. It's 100% deserved.

I don’t mind a bit of rugby, but I certainly couldn’t afford to go for a day out with the kids. When you compare it to say the value of the family stand at City, there’s just no comparison.

Can go on an away trip and still be cheaper than the rugby

Hell of a lot of corporates (I was one of them) and non fans

But let’s not beat around the bush

70k on a Sunday with poor transport and Mother’s Day is not to be sniffed at.

Used to be a rugby basher. But I’d love to see Wales do well at everything these days. Bitterness has gone.

I had the TV on listening on Sunday… it says a lot when you hear louder French cheering when they scored compared to when we scored. More French had tickets!