+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NET ZERO

NET ZERO

https://x.com/wideawake_media/status...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

Peter Hitchens masterfully exposes the farcical nature of Net Zero, to the absolute dismay of BBC Question Time panellists and audience members.

"We didn't just close down our coal fired power stations, we blew them up, we were so certain we were right to do so. At the same time, China is building the equivalent of two new coal fired power stations a week. India has a vast expansion programme of coal fired power stations."

"The contribution which this country is making to these outcomes is not merely minimal, it's non-existent. Everything that we do is completely blotted out by what much larger countries are doing to maintain their own power."

"If you want to live in a country where nobody can afford to heat their house... if you want lots of people to lose their jobs because there's no energy, if you want to be cold all the time... then carry on believing that the demand to go for Net Zero is intelligent and thoughtful."

Re: NET ZERO

I stopped reading at Peter Hitchens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    But he’s not wrong is he , you’re playing the man not the ball

The meat industry is a bigger factor. No one mentions that.

its economic suicide for the west other countries building coal fire power stations include

India building building 64 coal power stations
    Indonesia building 19 coal power stations
    Russia building 13 coal power stations
    Kazakhstan building 10 coal power stations
    Bangladesh building 8 coal power stations
    Pakistan building 8 coal power stations
    Philippines building 7 coal power stations
    Vietnam building 7 coal power stations
    South Africa building 4 coal power stations

Currently there are 2,435 coal-fired power plants operating across the globe, with a capacity of 2,121 gigawatts (GW)

i did notice the government announce plans to build gas power plants today

British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak's government pledged Tuesday to build new gas-fired power stations to boost energy security, drawing criticism over his climate policies before this year's general election.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Wouldn't you say its more beneficial in any situation to see both sides of the debate/argument/whatever?

Just dismissing something because you don't like who said it takes a whole view point away from you, and to be better informed wouldn't it make more sense to see things from more than just the POV you're most likely to agree with?

Just because you don't like someone doesnt mean they can't be right

When there is no energy and no food, people will beg the government to save them and they will do anything in return.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    its economic suicide for the west other countries building coal fire power stations include

Currently there are 2,435 coal-fired power plants operating across the globe, with a capacity of 2,121 gigawatts (GW)

British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak's government pledged Tuesday to build new gas-fired power stations to boost energy security, drawing criticism over his climate policies before this year's general election.
    I had thought about paring back my international jaunts but realised that the pollution caused by them are totally nsignificant considering the above and existing industries around the world.

you do realise that all of the countries you've mentioned have net zero targets themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    you do realise that all of the countries you've mentioned have net zero targets themselves
    Oh my sides

You’re bonkers

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Oh my sides

You’re bonkers
    I wonder if the wars we are paying for also have net zero targets, or are they exempt?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I wonder if the wars we are paying for also have net zero targets, or are they exempt?
    just looked at the paris climate agreement and can't see anything !

just looked at the paris climate agreement and can't see anything !
    Have a look under the nuclear weapon net zero targets, I think it's next to the 20mph section

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Have a look under the nuclear weapon net zero targets, I think it's next to the 20mph section
    50mph on the a470 for cleaner air

Highly intellectually and stimulating is our Peter , he'd tie in a few politicians and scientists in knots

Don't always agree with his very forthright views however he is able to set out his position or view very well.

Not one of you science deniers can explain what scientists say is the physical process behind man made climate change, and what about that physical process you disagree with.

I've asked it about 50 times on this forum, you all avoid the question or insult, but you never answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Not one of you science deniers can explain what scientists say is the physical process behind man made climate change, and what about that physical process you disagree with.

I've asked it about 50 times on this forum, you all avoid the question or insult, but you never answer it.
    We’ve told you 5O times on this forum that most of us have got the answer from the same place as you ?

Do you want a chocolate watch or something?