+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A relative’s love life dilemma: What would you advise?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A relative’s love life dilemma: What would you advise?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Best policy. Don't think, don't ask questions, don't get involved. Agree to everything and don't listen. Everything will work out splendidly.
    Ive got a mate like this, if you speak to him about anything remotely serious he'll watch words come out of your mouth but he won't be listening to you and as soon as he has the chance to speak he'll blatantly change the subject on to something else. Funnily enough things always work out splendidly for him as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Ive got a mate like this, if you speak to him about anything remotely serious he'll watch words come out of your mouth but he won't be listening to you and as soon as he has the chance to speak he'll blatantly change the subject on to something else. Funnily enough things always work out splendidly for him as well!!
    I'm an expert at it. Work colleagues especially. I can blank anything out, i pretty much do things the way i want them to be done. Years of trying to please other people doesn't get you anywhere, in fact it causes more grief. So, do it your way. One thing i've learnt is that there's only around three people in most of our lives who actually give a shit and who would be their for you if the shit hit the fan. The rest are there when things are easy. Look after those people, because you'll need them one day

I'm an expert at it. Work colleagues especially. I can blank anything out, i pretty much do things the way i want them to be done. Years of trying to please other people doesn't get you anywhere, in fact it causes more grief. So, do it your way. One thing i've learnt is that there's only around three people in most of our lives who actually give a shit and who would be their for you if the shit hit the fan. The rest are there when things are easy. Look after those people, because you'll need them one day
    The numbers will vary from person to person but people-pleasing, unless you work in customer services, ain’t a recipe for a happy life.

Any young person reading this page - digest Tuerto’s comments. Should be part of a “Realist’s Handbook of Life”.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    The numbers will vary from person to person but people-pleasing, unless you work in customer services, ain’t a recipe for a happy life.

Any young person reading this page - digest Tuerto’s comments. Should be part of a “Realist’s Handbook of Life”.
    I know that i digress, although a thread on what we have all learnt about life as we have aged would be interesting. Think of all of that time spent worrying over shit that never happened. That's one for a start. Anyway, back on topic

It takes a while to figure out, but that's basically how I live now. Ive left behind a few stragglers ive tried to lift up along the way. Can't keep wasting my own time.