+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: PCR test legally ruled useless to test for Covid

PCR test legally ruled useless to test for Covid

Four German holidaymakers who were illegally quarantined in Portugal after one was judged to be positive for Covid-19 have won their case, in a verdict that condemns the widely-used PCR test as being up to 97-percent unreliable.

Earlier this month, Portuguese judges upheld a decision from a lower court that found the forced quarantine of four holidaymakers to be unlawful. The case centred on the reliability (or lack thereof) of Covid-19 PCR tests.

https://nexusnewsfeed.com/article/ge...test-for-covid

Even Boris Johnson conceded the PCR test only worked in 7% of the tests

https://x.com/halfpintgb/status/1768...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

Re: PCR test legally ruled useless to test for Covid

Time to stop using term ‘long Covid’ as symptoms are no worse than those after flu, study finds

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ptoms-flu-cold

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Time to stop using term ‘long Covid’ as symptoms are no worse than those after flu, study finds

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ptoms-flu-cold
    I disagree. IMO it is a poor study and the final paragraph in the piece highlights some major issues. It's also, IMO badly presented, summarised, and written in the G.

They published an article which IMO contradicts this study and highlights the problems associated with COVID-19, viral infections, and vaccinations. This one is the worrying one. Long Covid is still the best descriptor we have and I fear this being 'watered down'.

Neurological conditions now leading cause of ill-health worldwide finds study

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...has%20revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I disagree. IMO it is a poor study and the final paragraph in the piece highlights some major issues. It's also, IMO badly presented, summarised, and written in the G.

They published an article which IMO contradicts this study and highlights the problems associated with COVID-19, viral infections, and vaccinations. This one is the worrying one. Long Covid is still the best descriptor we have and I fear this being 'watered down'.

Neurological conditions now leading cause of ill-health worldwide finds study

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...has%20revealed.

I’m assuming Yuppy Flu and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome are now classed as long Covid right ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’m assuming Yuppy Flu and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome are now classed as long Covid right ?
    That's quite offensive language and questioning IMO. Very dismissive. It's not adding value.

There is no reason that any viral infection can not be linked to chronic fatigue due to autoimmune responses. Full disclosure. I have a neurodegenerative disease so do a lot of personal research, and take part in clinical studies and would add, that listening to patient concerns and understanding that they are the best people to comment on specific conditions is something that everyone, including medical professionals, should show some respect to.

That's quite offensive language and questioning IMO. Very dismissive. It's not adding value.

There is no reason that any viral infection can not be linked to chronic fatigue due to autoimmune responses. Full disclosure. I have a neurodegenerative disease so do a lot of personal research, and take part in clinical studies and would add, that listening to patient concerns and understanding that they are the best people to comment on specific conditions is something that everyone, including medical professionals, should show some respect to.
    It’s not meant to be offensive, I’m just pointing out well ( and widely used ) terminology that was almost universally accepted prior to Covid.

Furthermore, if you’re offended by that then I’d suggest you perhaps consider using another source of information that meets your own interpretation.

It’s not meant to be offensive, I’m just pointing out well ( and widely used ) terminology that was almost universally accepted prior to Covid.

Furthermore, if you’re offended by that then I’d suggest you perhaps consider using another source of information that meets your own interpretation.
    I'm going to be a pedant and say that I referred to 'offensive language' i.e. Yuppy Flu and the inference that Chronic Fatigue isn't real. Maybe I just read it wrong or I'm very wary about terminology. Maybe I'm over-thinking what you wrote and I'm sensitive re. this subject due to personal circumstances. I don't know.

I'm not offended. There is a difference between being 'aware' that something is offensive and being offended.

I do not see references to 'Yuppy Flu' in any of my source material. I've only ever seen that term on this board. It's a derogatory term for Chronic Fatigue. No difference in using the term spaz or flid for example.

Yuppie Flu - derogatory

https://me-pedia.org/wiki/Yuppie_Flu

I'm going to be a pedant and say that I referred to 'offensive language' i.e. Yuppy Flu and the inference that Chronic Fatigue isn't real. Maybe I just read it wrong or I'm very wary about terminology. Maybe I'm over-thinking what you wrote and I'm sensitive re. this subject due to personal circumstances. I don't know.

I'm not offended. There is a difference between being 'aware' that something is offensive and being offended.

I do not see references to 'Yuppy Flu' in any of my source material. I've only ever seen that term on this board. It's a derogatory term for Chronic Fatigue. No difference in using the term spaz or flid for example.
    I'd add that Chronic Fatigue is not the preferred terminology anyway and that Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) is the preferred term.

I'd add that Chronic Fatigue is not the preferred terminology anyway and that Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) is the preferred term.
    I’ll take on board your comments in respect of the terms that have now been updated, and I offer my sincere apologies and sympathy if you’re suffering daily from this illness.

I’ll take on board your comments in respect of the terms that have now been updated, and I offer my sincere apologies and sympathy if you’re suffering daily from this illness.
    That's appreciated thanks. I actually have Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (SPMS) which has very similar issues regarding fatigue. There are various schools of thought regarding origin but there seems to be a connection with viral load and the way immune systems get triggered to attack myelin.

Medics love to label. The problem being is that those labels become absolute when in fact they don't fully understand neurological diseases e.g. treatment of MS 10 years ago was very different to now. 20 years ago neurologists were saying that 'there is no pain' with MS whilst today it is fully understood that there can be chronic pain. And so it goes on and on. The same is happening to those with ME. Long Covid, for example, is very likely to be an autoimmune disease triggered by the virus. Some believe the vaccine can/could be a trigger. The earlier article in the G worries me because if we just dismiss 'Long Covid' then it's kind of like dismissing 'Chronic Fatigue'. Until there is a better understanding of these conditions, we should be wary of being 'told' what is wrong with us and be listened to. It's a huge problem within most areas of medicine.

I wasn't going to say anything tbh because it sometimes gets weary. I appreciate your response and the fact it's possible to have a good discussion about this. Quite often groups of people that fall, into the 'disabled' category, are most frustrated when they aren't listened to. It takes their voice away. We lose power over ourselves.

Yup....I can certainly go on about this stuff. You've caught me on one of those days!