+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dark Clouds Gathering over America?

Re: Dark Clouds Gathering over America?

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    My timeframe! I don't claim to have such powers

As we saw, the timeframe in 1999 saw devastation within 6 days of the eclipse, the example above from 1806 was 6 years.

These rare periods of 'darkness' have often served as a warning or a heads-up. These warnings can come to a nation, and on very rare occasions to the world. You will recall the accounts of darkness in the middle of the day as Christ was lifted into position on the Cross.

The main reasons so many are scrutinising this 2024 Eclipse more than past eclipses:-

* It could potentially be linked to the 2017 eclipse forming an X over 'Little Egypt' in the area of New Madrid, which as we already know had the most devastating earthquakes in close succession in history.

* It makes perfect sense that God would be giving everyone a heads up when we look at current world events with more unrest, war, famine, deadly diseases, pandemics and natural disasters than any of us have ever witnessed.

* But look at it this way, I may die because of worldwide devastation, a worse pandemic than covid19 or even the brief event that would be WW3; I could also die at an old age while watching City play away to Barcelona on a 16K virtual reality headset!
    But either way I will meet my Maker. Am I ready for that unavoidable appointment?
    God asks me to repent and trust in Christ, all of us will die having made that decision ourselves.
    Is there a correlation between eclipses and earthquakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Is there a correlation between eclipses and earthquakes?
    Examples have been detailed in this discussion, with the 1806 Eclipse giving fair warning of a series of Quakes that have yet to be equalled in history.

Someone else then mentioned that the 1999 eclipse didn't result in Cornwall falling into the sea, yet when we checked, that same eclipse went across Turkey which suffered it's worst earthquake of the 20th Century just 6 days later.

Examples have been detailed in this discussion, with the 1806 Eclipse giving fair warning of a series of Quakes that have yet to be equalled in history.

Someone else then mentioned that the 1999 eclipse didn't result in Cornwall falling into the sea, yet when we checked, that same eclipse went across Turkey which suffered it's worst earthquake of the 20th Century just 6 days later.
    What about the earthquakes that happen without prior eclipses, what about the eclipses that aren’t followed by earthquakes?

Do you think eclipses cause earthquakes over half a decade later?

I think you will find that 6 is the magic number here. For most people the fact that there are around five quakes a day worldwide of a magnitude of 5 (which is greater than the 4.8 in New York that triggered Truthpaste) https://www.statista.com/statistics/...de-since-2000/

There are around 3 solar eclipses a year on the planet. So about a 1:500 ratio.

But obviously if you can get a big earthquake within 6 hours, 6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months or even 6 years of a total solar eclipse somewhere in Christendom then you win the number of the beast prize in Armeggedon bingo!

Truthpaste is not aware of his own confirmation bias. He will only cite things that back up his theories / agenda and disregard any facts that don't fit.

What about the earthquakes that happen without prior eclipses, what about the eclipses that aren’t followed by earthquakes?

Do you think eclipses cause earthquakes over half a decade later?
    Well it's interesting that periods of 7 years are a regular theme from Genesis through to Revelation. God deals in this time period over and over again. The final period of terror on earth is made up of two forty two month periods, known as the Great Tribulation, which also adds up to seven years.

Not all eclipses will point to significant events, and not all earthquakes will be preceded by an eclipse. So how will we know what's important and what isn't? We are asked to look for all the signs that God has written about in Scripture, and in this way we won't get carried away by false signs and prophecies.

As Christ said, when you see ALL THESE THINGS taking place, know that I am near, even at the door.

Well it's interesting that periods of 7 years are a regular theme from Genesis through to Revelation. God deals in this time period over and over again. The final period of terror on earth is made up of two forty two month periods, known as the Great Tribulation, which also adds up to seven years.

Not all eclipses will point to significant events, and not all earthquakes will be preceded by an eclipse. So how will we know what's important and what isn't? We are asked to look for all the signs that God has written about in Scripture, and in this way we won't get carried away by false signs and prophecies.

As Christ said, when you see ALL THESE THINGS taking place, know that I am near, even at the door.

Not all eclipses will point to significant events, and not all earthquakes will be preceded by an eclipse. So how will we know what's important and what isn't?

You seem to have covered most bases there, fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think you will find that 6 is the magic number here. For most people the fact that there are around five quakes a day worldwide of a magnitude of 5 (which is greater than the 4.8 in New York that triggered Truthpaste) https://www.statista.com/statistics/...de-since-2000/

There are around 3 solar eclipses a year on the planet. So about a 1:500 ratio.

But obviously if you can get a big earthquake within 6 hours, 6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months or even 6 years of a total solar eclipse somewhere in Christendom then you win the number of the beast prize in Armeggedon bingo!
    House,where do i get my prize

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Not all eclipses will point to significant events, and not all earthquakes will be preceded by an eclipse. So how will we know what's important and what isn't?

You seem to have covered most bases there, fair play.
    How can we understand what is important?
    That's an excellent question and we are now moving into the arena of spiritual discerment within the field of *eschatology.

My apologies this isn't a one line answer but I'll make it as short and jargon free as possible (feel free to ask further questions).

This involves the study of the original languages of the Bible, learning what conditions, events and attitudues to look for. And to know when the key elements of the bigger picture are coming together on a worldwide basis.
    Many top scientists and theologians have devoted a significant part of their lives in studying these key truths concerning the furture, with Sir Isaac Newton allowing it to take up more of his time than the other scientific work he became famous for!

Also when it comes to spiritual discernment, the person who may wish to use the Bible as a tool to know what happens next (etc), will have a massive disadvantage if they don't already know the ultimate Author of the Book, Almighty God.
    The reason being this - God is an Eternal Spirit, and as humans are made up of 'Spirit, Soul & Body'. However the Bible tells us we are 'dead' because of our rebellious nature, and the part of us that is dead is our Spirit. Possibly why people are historically referred to as Body & Soul. When someone seeks God's forgiveness and commits their life to Christ acknowledging that His death on the Cross was to pay the price (sentence) of their rebellion, their dead Spirit becomes alive, and that person is said to be born anew, or born again, now alive as Spirit, Soul & Body as all of us are meant to be.
    Those who remain 'dead' will not understand these things, or even discern the significance of events going on around them and across the world, so they will simply scoff, declaring it to be a confusing picture that nobody could possibly understand and that there are NO signs that Christ is soon to appear in judgement at all:-

2 Peter 3:3 "Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. 4 They will say, “What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created.”

* Prophecy is one element of Eschatology.

And you believe this particular solar eclipse to be important?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    And you believe this particular solar eclipse to be important?
    Certainly to America, which then could mean it's potentially significant to us too.

Here's one example, you'll remember the number 7 from yesterday's dialogue. In exactly seven months America will have just selected their next President, and we know that this will in turn impact (in some measure) at least three key world situations:-

1. The future of NATO.
    2. The Israel/ Palestine/ Iran/ Syria etc situation
    3. The conflict in Ukraine.

So America has much soul searching and praying (for wisdom) to do, and while we are a nation that would (in the main) laugh at such a notion, America still is a nation that mainly respects God and values prayer.

I hope that begins to answer your question

'Prophecy is one element of Eschatology.'

Yes it is.

Like gobbledegook is one element of gibberish!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    'Prophecy is one element of Eschatology.'

Yes it is.

Like gobbledegook is one element of gibberish!
    Thanks for confirming the position of the compromised and forementioned scoffer, much appreciated

Thanks for confirming the position of the compromised and forementioned scoffer, much appreciated
    No problem. Always happy to help.

No problem. Always happy to help.
    What is it like to be compromised?
    Is it any good?
    Do you go anywhere when it ends?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    What is it like to be compromised?
    Is it any good?
    Do you go anywhere when it ends?
    I recommend it.

You don't go anywhere when it ends (no one does) but you have less fanatical bullshit in your life up to that point.

Very liberating!

2 Peter 3:3 "Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. 4 They will say, “What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created.”
    The above is one of the Biblical prophesies that has definitely come to pass!

I have refrained from entering into the “eclipses vs earthquakes” debate because to me it seems a pointless exercise really, as indeed does a lot of speculation about “signs” pointing to the end times.

The Bible is quite specific about the end times:

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father”. (Matthew 24: 36).

The key question for all of us, especially Christians, is, are we ready at all times? Jesus went on to say:

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. (Matthew 24: 42 – 44).

The events happening around the world are admittedly pretty scary (geopolitical turmoil, climate change, droughts, floods, earthquakes, wars etc) but it is not too difficult to imagine that things can get very much worse yet. How much worse will they have to get before Jesus returns – as above – who knows?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The above is one of the Biblical prophesies that has definitely come to pass!

I have refrained from entering into the “eclipses vs earthquakes” debate because to me it seems a pointless exercise really, as indeed does a lot of speculation about “signs” pointing to the end times.

The Bible is quite specific about the end times:

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father”. (Matthew 24: 36).

The key question for all of us, especially Christians, is, are we ready at all times? Jesus went on to say:

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. (Matthew 24: 42 – 44).

The events happening around the world are admittedly pretty scary (geopolitical turmoil, climate change, droughts, floods, earthquakes, wars etc) but it is not too difficult to imagine that things can get very much worse yet. How much worse will they have to get before Jesus returns – as above – who knows?!
    I agree, and Jesus introduced the image of childbirth in that same passage. My first grandson was due to be born just over ten years ago. His mother began feeling birthpains on the Friday. Nobody could say the day or the hour he would arrive, not even the midwife or the doctor. As it turned out he decided the weekend saw the UHW a little light on medics and so he arrived on the Monday.

So what do we take from Jesus words in Matthew 24:7-8 "Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world. But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come."

You see, we didn't know the actual day my grandson would arrive, but firstly we did know he was on the way, and the frequency and the intensity of those birth pains indicated how close the time for his arrival was.

Even people across the secular world have noticed that our planet is bursting in more and more natural disasters year on year, that humans are pressing the most dangerous 'buttons' in multiple locations across the world when it comes to war, and with the world gradually focusing their anger on Israel we have the required scenary for Psalm 83 & Ezekiel 38.

Yes it could still get worse, but bibiblically speaking at this juncture, it doesn't need to

I recommend it.

You don't go anywhere when it ends (no one does) but you have less fanatical bullshit in your life up to that point.

Very liberating!
    I felt that way when i got out of going to church.

I felt that way when i got out of going to church.
    "Got out of" says it all. Unfortunately many UK churches have drifted away from answering the questions all people have, moving into man-made traditions and telling people what they want to hear rather than what they need to hear.
    So I would also choose to leave such a 'place of worship' and pursue one that was doing things properly in a way that honours God.

"Got out of" says it all. Unfortunately many UK churches have drifted away from answering the questions all people have, moving into man-made traditions and telling people what they want to hear rather than what they need to hear.
    So I would also choose to leave such a 'place of worship' and pursue one that was doing things properly in a way that honours God.
    Nothing you have posted is correct about me or the church i attended.
    I just stopped being brain washed.
    I realised there is no such thing as god.

Bit rich coming from you

Nothing you have posted is correct about me or the church i attended.
    I just stopped being brain washed.
    I realised there is no such thing as god.
    Of course.

Bit rich coming from you
    A cheap shot.
    Or if you are being genuine, ask now....