+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dark Clouds Gathering over America?

Re: Dark Clouds Gathering over America?

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    A cheap shot.
    Or if you are being genuine, ask now....
    I’ve asked several questions. You’ve either ignored them, avoided them or given a meandering non answer quoting bible verses without addressing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I’ve asked several questions. You’ve either ignored them, avoided them or given a meandering non answer quoting bible verses without addressing the point.
    As I suspected, you just want to whine about nothing.

As always, if you make the effort to put together a honest question then I will give you an honest answer. If that answer involves a quote from God that you cannnot understand then just ask a follow up question. It's not complicated?

As I suspected, you just want to whine about nothing.

As always, if you make the effort to put together a honest question then I will give you an honest answer. If that answer involves a quote from God that you cannnot understand then just ask a follow up question. It's not complicated?
    Do you think there is a correlation between solar eclipses and earthquakes?

How does a solar eclipse cause or help cause an earthquake, and how can this affect sometimes be delayed until years later?

Can you explain why there a solar eclipses and earthquakes that occur with seemingly no relation?

Why are some of the biggest and deadliest earthquakes in recent decades seemingly unrelated to solar eclipses?

Do you think there is a correlation between solar eclipses and earthquakes?

How does a solar eclipse cause or help cause an earthquake, and how can this affect sometimes be delayed until years later?

Can you explain why there a solar eclipses and earthquakes that occur with seemingly no relation?

Why are some of the biggest and deadliest earthquakes in recent decades seemingly unrelated to solar eclipses?
    Your questions are good and I will answer them, but first I'll make an observation:-

In your question:-

*How does a solar eclipse cause or help cause an earthquake, it becomes clear that your world view totally discounts the presents of an intelligent being who has the ability and power to be connected to the exact position of the earth, moon & sun at any point in time, and of course any natural phenomenon happening on earth.
    This isn't a criticism, simply an observation that indicates that my answers will be coming from a very different place to your own.
    Maybe in the future, we can explore your model of the Universe and it's precise order being the result of chance random processes rather than an Almighty Creator.

So in scientific terms, the answer to your first question is simply, it doesn't.
    However if Almighty God does exist, then He is quite at liberty to use certain eclipses to give warning of significant changes to come, which could include earthquakes, floods, famine or deadly diseases.

* how can this affect sometimes be delayed until years later? - this is because God isn't limited in the amount of time He feels is appropriate in each case.

* Can you explain why there a solar eclipses and earthquakes that occur with seemingly no relation? - you are right to say 'seemingly' because until someone in this conversation brought up 1999, I personally had made no connection between that total eclipse and the terrible events in Turkey six days later. Why is that? Because I had never studied the entire pathway of that eclipse.
    I wouldn't therefore claim that all such eclipses have related events, but to really know we would need to be looking for more than just earthquakes, as judgement upon a nation can take many forms, even economic.

* Why are some of the biggest and deadliest earthquakes in recent decades seemingly unrelated to solar eclipses?

Of course I would initially refer you to my previous answer; but also God's Judgement can often be instant in circumstances where He feels that the people have been given all the information to go the right way but they've set their hearts on rebellion come what may.

Once again thanks for the questions and do feel free to come back with queries or follow up questions as you see fit.

Your questions are good and I will answer them, but first I'll make an observation:-

*How does a solar eclipse cause or help cause an earthquake, it becomes clear that your world view totally discounts the presents of an intelligent being who has the ability and power to be connected to the exact position of the earth, moon & sun at any point in time, and of course any natural phenomenon happening on earth.
    This isn't a criticism, simply an observation that indicates that my answers will be coming from a very different place to your own.
    Maybe in the future, we can explore your model of the Universe and it's precise order being the result of chance random processes rather than an Almighty Creator.

So in scientific terms, the answer to your first question is simply, it doesn't.
    However if Almighty God does exist, then He is quite at liberty to use certain eclipses to give warning of significant changes to come, which could include earthquakes, floods, famine or deadly diseases.

* how can this affect sometimes be delayed until years later? - this is because God isn't limited in the amount of time He feels is appropriate in each case.

* Can you explain why there a solar eclipses and earthquakes that occur with seemingly no relation? - you are right to say 'seemingly' because until someone in this conversation brought up 1999, I personally had made no connection between that total eclipse and the terrible events in Turkey six days later. Why is that? Because I had never studied the entire pathway of that eclipse.
    I wouldn't therefore claim that all such eclipses have related events, but to really know we would need to be looking for more than just earthquakes, as judgement upon a nation can take many forms, even economic.

* Why are some of the biggest and deadliest earthquakes in recent decades seemingly unrelated to solar eclipses?

Of course I would initially refer you to my previous answer; but also God's Judgement can often be instant in circumstances where He feels that the people have been given all the information to go the right way but they've set their hearts on rebellion come what may.

Once again thanks for the questions and do feel free to come back with queries or follow up questions as you see fit.
    Again the biggest load of crap i have ever read.

So the gist of it is;
    Solar eclipses are connected to earthquakes as it’s god doing it as a warning. But if it happens without warning, it’s also god doing it. And sometimes eclipses and earthquakes just happen without being connected and aren’t a warning or message from god but it’s still god doing it because god controls everything.

When god created the universe 4000 (or however many you believe) years ago, did he set the moon on an orbital path to create an eclipse to match up with the future 2024 American Presidential election, or did he retroactively make the election coincide (7 months later) with the eclipse?

Thank you Canton Kev for articulating my thoughts exactly. I just couldn’t be arsed writing them down because, well, you know…

So the gist of it is;
    Solar eclipses are connected to earthquakes as it’s god doing it as a warning. But if it happens without warning, it’s also god doing it. And sometimes eclipses and earthquakes just happen without being connected and aren’t a warning or message from god but it’s still god doing it because god controls everything.

When god created the universe 4000 (or however many you believe) years ago, did he set the moon on an orbital path to create an eclipse to match up with the future 2024 American Presidential election, or did he retroactively make the election coincide (7 months later) with the eclipse?
    To sum up your first paragraph, God is omnipotent. This is one of His attributes. In other words he is ALMIGHTY.
    God creating everything was over 4000 years before the birth of Christ, so just add +2000 years to your estimate.
    The Bible does promise that God will use the stars, planets, moon and sun to send us a selection of messages; you may remember the wise men who travelled for 2 years as they read the night sky and knew beyond doubt that the Messiah had been born, the Bible has numberous references to the signs that led them to Christ at that first Christmas.
    So just like God knew when Christ would be born, He also knows the dates of every other event throughout human history, so he has set up each conjunction, eclipse, blood moon etc from the beginning of time! So the Universe is a precisely set 'time-piece'.
    That answers your question about the Autumn 2024 American Election.

The Chart below is produced by NASA and taken from their website, you may remember that Christ died at the age of 33.
    As with many key events including the death of Christ, the skies were having their say, you can see that this event (on the chart lasted for around 3 hours), we read in Scripture that Christ was Crucified at noon and then this happened around 3pm:

Matthew 27: 46-51 At about three o’clock, Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” which means “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?” Some of the bystanders misunderstood and thought he was calling for the prophet Elijah. One of them ran and filled a sponge with sour wine, holding it up to him on a reed stick so he could drink. But the rest said, “Wait! Let’s see whether Elijah comes to save him.” Then Jesus shouted out again, and he released his spirit. At that moment the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook, rocks split apart..."

AD33.jpg

The Chart below is produced by NASA and taken from their website, you may remember that Christ died at the age of 33.
    As with many key events including the death of Christ, the skies were having their say, you can see that this event (on the chart lasted for around 3 hours), we read in Scripture that Christ was Crucified at noon and then this happened around 3pm:

AD33.jpg

Can you link directly to the page on the NASA website that you found that? Because it doesn't really look like the kind of thing I'd expect to see on NASA.

To sum up your first paragraph, God is omnipotent. This is one of His attributes. In other words he is ALMIGHTY.
    God creating everything was over 4000 years before the birth of Christ, so just add +2000 years to your estimate.
    The Bible does promise that God will use the stars, planets, moon and sun to send us a selection of messages; you may remember the wise men who travelled for 2 years as they read the night sky and knew beyond doubt that the Messiah had been born, the Bible has numberous references to the signs that led them to Christ at that first Christmas.
    So just like God knew when Christ would be born, He also knows the dates of every other event throughout human history, so he has set up each conjunction, eclipse, blood moon etc from the beginning of time! So the Universe is a precisely set 'time-piece'.

Matthew 27: 46-51 At about three o’clock, Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” which means “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?” Some of the bystanders misunderstood and thought he was calling for the prophet Elijah. One of them ran and filled a sponge with sour wine, holding it up to him on a reed stick so he could drink. But the rest said, “Wait! Let’s see whether Elijah comes to save him.” Then Jesus shouted out again, and he released his spirit. At that moment the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook, rocks split apart..."

AD33.jpg
    A longer and “proper” eclipse occurred when Augustus died. You’d think God would’ve saved up that one for his own son.

Personally, I would’ve relegated Augustus’ eclipse to the same level as the fall of Constantinople.

Also 2 eclipses in 1777? You’d think that would be a good year for Jesus to come knocking what with the whole symbolism and numbers thing. Why’d he sit that one out?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Can you link directly to the page on the NASA website that you found that? Because it doesn't really look like the kind of thing I'd expect to see on NASA.
    Indeed, what would NASA be doing referring to an event in the Bible, unthinkable!

Here is your NASA link.

If you look carefully, you will also see:-

1. The Death of Herod in 23BC

"As for the other Matthias who had stirred up the sedition, he (Herod) had him burned alive along with some of his companions. And on that same night there was an eclipse of the Moon. But Herod's illness became more and more severe. . . ."
    from Flavius Josephus

2. Death of Augustus (27AD)

"For the troops in Pannonia had mutinied as soon as they learned of the death of Augustus, and coming together into one camp and strengthening it, they committed many rebellious acts. ... But when the moon suffered eclipse, they took the omen to heart and their spirit abated, so that they did no further harm to this detachment and dispatched envoys again to Tiberius."
    - Roman History by Cassius Dio.

A longer and “proper” eclipse occurred when Augustus died. You’d think God would’ve saved up that one for his own son.

Personally, I would’ve relegated Augustus’ eclipse to the same level as the fall of Constantinople.

Also 2 eclipses in 1777? You’d think that would be a good year for Jesus to come knocking what with the whole symbolism and numbers thing. Why’d he sit that one out?
    Re 1777, this is where you can't take one element of a puzzle and form an entire picture.
    Before Christ Returns then Israel needed to be back in the Land (with all the problems that this would bring with it).
    In 1777, you still had 140 years to go before the Balfour Agreement was signed (1917), which later led to 1948 and 1967 and Israel once again reigning from Jerusalem. Eschatology isn't a three part jigsaw, everything needs to line up, and the more you look into this the more you'll realise things have all fallen into their slots and that we are at a very late stage indeed.

Re 1777, this is where you can't take one element of a puzzle and form an entire picture.
    Before Christ Returns then Israel needed to be back in the Land (with all the problems that this would bring with it).
    In 1777, you still had 140 years to go before the Balfour Agreement was signed (1917), which later led to 1948 and 1967 and Israel once again reigning from Jerusalem. Eschatology isn't a three part jigsaw, everything needs to line up, and the more you look into this the more you'll realise things have all fallen into their slots and that we are at a very late stage indeed.
    So 1777 was just a coincidence?

In order for an eclipse to happen during Jesus’ death and 7 months before the 2024 presidential election, god couldn’t stop a bit of funkiness with 4 eclipses in the 1770’s?

You’d think delaying this eclipse by half a year and having it actually coincide with the election would solve that issue. And make his message a bit more on the nose.

In order for an eclipse to happen during Jesus’ death and 7 months before the 2024 presidential election, god couldn’t stop a bit of funkiness with 4 eclipses in the 1770’s?

You’d think delaying this eclipse by half a year and having it actually coincide with the election would solve that issue. And make his message a bit more on the nose.
    I wish i had your knowledge, and manage to put things across so well.
    Keep up the good work.

You keep missing the key elements? The nation of America are already thinking about their decision, and will continue to do so for 6-7 months. So granting them a warning at this juncture makes perfect sense.
    Also you are assuming (as usual) that there was nothing significant happening in the 1770's.

Furthermore, I see you and your buddy are not willing to be as honest as NASA, who when they find something using modern science that fits the Biblical account of History, don't immediately deny it, but add it to their report.

You see, you may want to see the Bible and God discredited so that everything else it says about you will somehow go away, but it seems NASA doesn't wish to join you on that journey of denial.

Ah, the thread that keeps on giving

You keep missing the key elements? The nation of America are already thinking about their decision, and will continue to do so for 6-7 months. So granting them a warning at this juncture makes perfect sense.
    Also you are assuming (as usual) that there was nothing significant happening in the 1770's.

Furthermore, I see you and your buddy are not willing to be as honest as NASA, who when they find something using modern science that fits the Biblical account of History, don't immediately deny it, but add it to their report.

You see, you may want to see the Bible and God discredited so that everything else it says about you will somehow go away, but it seems NASA doesn't wish to join you on that journey of denial.
    Interestingly the entry on the NASA website about the date of the crucifixion is the only one with a question mark attached. Perhaps because even the Gospels aren't consistent on this.

More pertinently though it does reference the seminal work on eclipses on the subject. Schaefer, Bradley E., "Lunar Visibility and the Crucifixion", Q.Jl. R. astr. Soc., 1990, 31, p.53-67 (reproduced for reference)

https://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1990QJRAS..31...53S

In short it concludes that the partial lunar eclipse would not have been visible in Jerusalem during daylight hours and therefore could not be the reason for biblical references to sky darkening at the time of the crucifixion.

So it seems the Bible and science are at odds after all!

I wonder how much NASA’s CGI bill is costing the American taxpayer per annum anybody know ?

AD33.jpg
    Given that total solar eclipses happen roughly every 18 months somewhere on earth, it seems as though this list is a little bit incomplete.

There's one in 2027 that will pass directly over the valley of the kings in Egypt, perhaps that one would have been a better bet to base your bizarre theories around

What happened in 1777 that was crucial enough to require 2 eclipses? Plus a year before and year after?

God’s only sending us 1 now and according to you we’re nearly at the final hour.

Also, why now? Why not in 4 months time? Or the day before the election? Or the days when the Republican and Democrat candidates are confirmed?

If the eclipse happened at any of those times you’d be trotting out the exact same set of answers except you’d just be fiddling the symbolic meaning to make it fit with the alternate date.

Given that all this is predetermined and predestined, why has it only come to light a couple of weeks before the solar eclipse happened and the same time it’s entered the public eye? The election has always been scheduled for 2024 and the eclipse has always been occurring on this date. If all the jigsaw pieces are prophesied in a 2000 year old book, why are you only hearing about it now?

And why is it definitely this time? People have prophesied the end days using plagues, wars, floods, famines, etc for centuries. Why were those devout Christians with the word of god in their ear so wrong if it’s all so obvious? They had the same books, prophecies, dates and knowledge you do.

[QUOTE

And why is it definitely this time? People have prophesied the end days using plagues, wars, floods, famines, etc for centuries. Why were those devout Christians with the word of god in their ear so wrong if it’s all so obvious? They had the same books, prophecies, dates and knowledge you do.[/QUOTE]

Canton Kev - see my post #143 for the answer to that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Canton Kev - see my post #143 for the answer to that one!
    “Nobody knows when it'll happen so if we insist it’s happening and then it doesn’t happen, that’s fine because it’s all part of the plan and it’ll happen the next time we insist it’s happening. Unless it doesn’t then it’ll be the time after that, promise”

Sounds like a cheap cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Given that total solar eclipses happen roughly every 18 months somewhere on earth, it seems as though this list is a little bit incomplete.

There's one in 2027 that will pass directly over the valley of the kings in Egypt, perhaps that one would have been a better bet to base your bizarre theories around
    As there will be signs in the heavens throughout the events still to come, why would future events that we can anticipate (as you have using the recently available software) be at odds with *God's Revelation of the future?

* These are neither theories or mine. Ironically it is you and many others that have placed their trust in an unproven 'theory'.

[QUOTE=Canton Kev;5503286]What happened in 1777 that was crucial enough to require 2 eclipses? Plus a year before and year after?

God’s only sending us 1 now and according to you we’re nearly at the final hour.

Would you like to review that count of 1?

1-alef-tav-eclipse-3-xs.jpg

[QUOTE=truthpaste;5503314]
    What happened in 1777 that was crucial enough to require 2 eclipses? Plus a year before and year after?

Would you like to review that count of 1?

1-alef-tav-eclipse-3-xs.jpg
    Nope. Still looks like 1 eclipse in the year 2024 compared to 2 in 1777.