+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dark Clouds Gathering over America?

Re: Dark Clouds Gathering over America?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Sounds to me like you could replace “evolution” with “god” and that sentence would still be accurate. Hmmm

Unless there’s a god formula I missed in high school.
    That works if you want God to be a formula, are YOU simply a formula?
    Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You're talking about the law of gravity, not the theory.
    The reason you can have a law of gravity is because of the reasons given above, you can demonstrate it repeatedly.
    When was macro evolution demonstrated even once? Which would mean it could be classified in the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    The reason you can have a law of gravity is because of the reasons given above, you can demonstrate it repeatedly.
    When was macro evolution demonstrated even once? Which would mean it could be classified in the same way?
    So you are saying that a scientific theory is accurate? It is a reliable explanation of what we observe?

That works if you want God to be a formula, are YOU simply a formula?
    Nice try though.
    Gravity is provable through laws of physics and mathematical equations. God is not.

You accuse evolution of being a false belief because there isn’t a formula or a quantifiable measurement for it.

I believe in evolution without the need for a formula because I’ve seen sufficient evidence, data and opinions to convince me. You likewise believe in god for the same reasons. There is no formula or physical proof of god’s existence, therefore he/they/is just a theory.

Gravity is provable through laws of physics and mathematical equations. God is not.

You accuse evolution of being a false belief because there isn’t a formula or a quantifiable measurement for it.

I believe in evolution without the need for a formula because I’ve seen sufficient evidence, data and opinions to convince me. You likewise believe in god for the same reasons. There is no formula or physical proof of god’s existence, therefore he/they/is just a theory.
    That's not quite what I said, I said that formulas can be produced BECAUSE gravity has it's foundation in reality, and evolution does not.

On the other hand, you say, "I’ve seen sufficient evidence, data and opinions to convince me", so please share the most robust example from all that evidence, so I and others can see what has caused you to create a world view around the idea that is known as evolution?

You seem to have taken Jon's post saying that scientific theories evolve and turned it into an evolution discussion.

Why did you want to take it away from solar eclipses causing earthquakes?

You seem to have taken Jon's post saying that scientific theories evolve and turned it into an evolution discussion.

It's a pity that truthpaste's god didn't warn the population of Germany about electing Adolf Hitler by organising two exclipses in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's a pity that truthpaste's god didn't warn the population of Germany about electing Adolf Hitler by organising two exclipses in advance.
    He sent a solar eclipse and a rainbow, what's more he supposed to do?

He sent a solar eclipse and a rainbow, what's more he supposed to do?
    It's just as well that the voting population in the USA will understand and take heed of the warning. Very effective.

[Oops re: 'exclipses'. Sounds like ex-bus conductors]

Did I take it away from that discussion?

You’re the one that ignored my questions several times on the topic.

More than happy to swing back around to it though. Do you need me to post the links to the lists of 21st century earthquakes and 21st century solar eclipses, or can you find them further back in the thread?

That's not quite what I said, I said that formulas can be produced BECAUSE gravity has it's foundation in reality, and evolution does not.

On the other hand, you say, "I’ve seen sufficient evidence, data and opinions to convince me", so please share the most robust example from all that evidence, so I and others can see what has caused you to create a world view around the idea that is known as evolution?
    Once again, replace “evolution” with “god” and what changes?

You have no quantifiable proof of god’s existence. You can’t see, measure, weigh, plot the data, use the laws of physics, chemistry or nature to reveal their existence. You operate on blind belief.

Quantifiable and measurable examples of evolution can be found in countless places. The same cannot be said for god.

Be assured, with 8th April 2024 less than 3 weeks away, there will be no lack of focus on the coming eclipse with 31 million people only having to step outside their front door and untold millions more travelling to see it.
    On the other hand I'm not going to stand by and allow people to shoe-horn their inappropriate words from their faith position into the dialogue without them providing their reasons for doing so! After all they constantly demand the same from me, and rightly so. So let's keep this as an even playing field.

Once again, replace “evolution” with “god” and what changes?

You have no quantifiable proof of god’s existence. You can’t see, measure, weigh, plot the data, use the laws of physics, chemistry or nature to reveal their existence. You operate on blind belief.

Quantifiable and measurable examples of evolution can be found in countless places. The same cannot be said for god.
    All these brilliant examples yet you're struggling to find one!
    It's the kings new clothes all over again.

Be assured, with 8th April 2024 less than 3 weeks away, there will be no lack of focus on the coming eclipse with 31 million people only having to step outside their front door and untold millions more travelling to see it.
    On the other hand I'm not going to stand by and allow people to shoe-horn their inappropriate words from their faith position into the dialogue without them providing their reasons for doing so! After all they constantly demand the same from me, and rightly so. So let's keep this as an even playing field.
    He was correct to use the word 'evolves'. You shifted it to talk about evolution.

I'm as excited as everyone else in the thread about the solar eclipse in the USA. Let's see if there's an earthquake too.

If there is, and thousands die, and you knew it was coming, and you did no more to raise the alarm than post on here...do you think god will be pleased with you when you face him? Could he be expecting you to do a little more to save lives?

He was correct to use the word 'evolves'. You shifted it to talk about evolution.

I'm as excited as everyone else in the thread about the solar eclipse in the USA. Let's see if there's an earthquake too.

If there is, and thousands die, and you knew it was coming, and you did no more to raise the alarm than post on here...do you think god will be pleased with you when you face him? Could he be expecting you to do a little more to save lives?
    Wow, loads of assumptions and judgements in that lot, good job you aren't the Christian presenting the Bible in this dialogue as you'd be buried in objections.

* I'm glad to hear your level of interest in this particular event; when I have time I will be sharing more of the historical links between eclipses and events that have shaken a nation, events that are not only limited to earthquakes.

* Am I NOT already raising an alarm by informing personal contacts both here and in the States? (you assumed that this forum is the scope of my sphere of contact online! Not a very accurate assessment as I am linked to more than 100 groups across social media).

* As for God assessing my desire to save lives; God called me (and every genuine Christian) to an even higher level of responsibility, that being telling others of Christ's Mission to save souls. You see while the 'lives' you speak of will rarely exist for more than 10 decades, the souls of each person will never cease to exist, so my task is far more important than being an 'expert' on when certain fault-lines are going to erupt.

Wow, loads of assumptions and judgements in that lot, good job you aren't the Christian presenting the Bible in this dialogue as you'd be buried in objections.

* I'm glad to hear your level of interest in this particular event; when I have time I will be sharing more of the historical links between eclipses and events that have shaken a nation, events that are not only limited to earthquakes.

* Am I NOT already raising an alarm by informing personal contacts both here and in the States? (you assumed that this forum is the scope of my sphere of contact online! Not a very accurate assessment as I am linked to more than 100 groups across social media).

* As for God assessing my desire to save lives; God called me (and every genuine Christian) to an even higher level of responsibility, that being telling others of Christ's Mission to save souls. You see while the 'lives' you speak of will rarely exist for more than 10 decades, the souls of each person will never cease to exist, so my task is far more important than being an 'expert' on when certain fault-lines are going to erupt.

Troll.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

th.jpg

I remember Frothy Beast from Sunday School. Was he in Genesis? Or am I thinking of Jonah and the Frothy Beast?

Don't just save your friends, mate.

I remember Frothy Beast from Sunday School. Was he in Genesis? Or am I thinking of Jonah and the Frothy Beast?
    It was probably a Hanna-Barbera production, which no doubt evolved into a regular dream.

Don't just save your friends, mate.
    Good advice, I've seen friends and former enemies find the Lord, though often it's my religious friends that prove to be the most challenging; for an easier dialogue, give me a atheistic agnostic any day

Good advice, I've seen friends and former enemies find the Lord, though often it's my religious friends that prove to be the most challenging; for an easier dialogue, give me a atheistic agnostic any day
    I think it's safe to say you've been spectacularly unsuccessful on here. I'm sure you'll tell us that you're doing a great job on the 100 other forums!

I think it's safe to say you've been spectacularly unsuccessful on here. I'm sure you'll tell us that you're doing a great job on the 100 other forums!
    I see, you have a clear channel into the hearts of all 2600+ individuals viewing this dialogue, not even your hidden god has that sort of access! Dream on.

I see, you have a clear channel into the hearts of all 2600+ individuals viewing this dialogue, not even your hidden god has that sort of access! Dream on.
    You can take two zeroes off that and you're still severely overestimating how many people are reading this!