+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Life’s Lessons: What have you learned, and would pass on to youngsters?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Life’s Lessons: What have you learned, and would pass on to youngsters?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Two pieces of advice;

1, An old Yorkshire one 'Drink all and pay nowt, hear all and say nowt, and if tha does owt for nowt do it for the sen.'

2. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. Never interrupt your enemy when he is doing something stupid.
    Bloody hell I got the jist of some of it, but that must be a mix of Viking or Danish. Luckily I found a translation!

'Ear all, see all, say nowt; Eat all, sup all, pay nowt; And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt – Allus do it fer thissen.

Translation: 'Hear all, see all, say nothing; Eat all, drink all, pay nothing; And if ever you do anything for nothing – always do it for yourself.

International

Re: Life’s Lessons: What have you learned, and would pass on to youngsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Bloody hell I got the jist of some of it, but that must be a mix of Viking or Danish. Luckily I found a translation!

'Ear all, see all, say nowt; Eat all, sup all, pay nowt; And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt – Allus do it fer thissen.

Translation: 'Hear all, see all, say nothing; Eat all, drink all, pay nothing; And if ever you do anything for nothing – always do it for yourself.
    I thought that's what I said.