+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CASH IS KING !!!!!! Confirmed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CASH IS KING !!!!!! Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I have to smile inwardly when I give the "odd" change in addition to a £5 or £10 note, e.g. for say £5.30 I give a £10 note (if that's all I have) plus 30p so the assistant simply has to give me a £5 note back. The look on his/her face as if to say..."how did you know that" when the till display tells them to give me a fiver change!
    A few years back I was working in Rumney, I had a young lad helping me, great kid. And I had a mate, who had a lorry, clearing site for me. We got talking about the ‘odd’ when buying something, the young lad was absolutely baffled, couldn’t get his head around you giving change with a note to the server over the price of what you were buying. Anyway, I had to nip out for something or other, when I came back my lorry driver mate was on one side of the wall giving the young lad, who was on the other side, a tenner with change. He was actually acting out a shop/pub scene to illustrate what we were on about and how it made the server’s job easier and prevented you from walking around with a pocket full of smash. Pubs and shops used to love this, as it gave them more change in the till for further transactions. Did the youngster get it? Did he f*ck

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A few years back I was working in Rumney, I had a young lad helping me, great kid. And I had a mate, who had a lorry, clearing site for me. We got talking about the ‘odd’ when buying something, the young lad was absolutely baffled, couldn’t get his head around you giving change with a note to the server over the price of what you were buying. Anyway, I had to nip out for something or other, when I came back my lorry driver mate was on one side of the wall giving the young lad, who was on the other side, a tenner with change. He was actually acting out a shop/pub scene to illustrate what we were on about and how it made the server’s job easier and prevented you from walking around with a pocket full of smash. Pubs and shops used to love this, as it gave them more change in the till for further transactions. Did the youngster get it? Did he f*ck
    I've used pennies to explain penalty shootouts to people. Another use for cash!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I hate customers paying with cash. It's a pain in the arse, more difficult to account for and it dwindles down into nothing quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I hate customers paying with cash. It's a pain in the arse, more difficult to account for and it dwindles down into nothing quite quickly.
    Without cash...we are slaves to convenience and our financial, corporate masters can monitor everything we do.

Without cash...we are slaves to convenience and our financial, corporate masters can monitor everything we do.
    Yeah, but i still hate it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, but i still hate it.....
    Fair play! 🤣

I'm so into shove-h'penny

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm so into shove-h'penny
    Indoor League with Fred Truman springs to mind!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I used the same technique in the Clark's Pie shop (or Victoria Park Pies - whatever) the other day. Was £5.30 I think and I had a tenner and some change so gave them £10.30 to get a fiver back. saved me a pocket full of shrapnell and them an empty till with no change.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I used the same technique in the Clark's Pie shop (or Victoria Park Pies - whatever) the other day. Was £5.30 I think and I had a tenner and some change so gave them £10.30 to get a fiver back. saved me a pocket full of shrapnell and them an empty till with no change.
    Part of the same (Clarks) family Mike. Had a bust up, so the splinter group (Victoria pies) couldn't use the clarks name.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post