+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CASH IS KING !!!!!! Confirmed

Re: CASH IS KING !!!!!! Confirmed

Cash is definitely “King” if you want to avoid paying tax on any income you might receive….just saying.

Sainsbury’s…online payments have one bad day and the grey posters overload the internet everywhere shock

I’d understand as father Dougal alluded to if they voiced it in the pub

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Cash is definitely “King” if you want to avoid paying tax on any income you might receive….just saying.
    I don’t think tax ‘avoiding’ billionaires have wads of cash under the bed, in sock drawers etc. They’re the big time tax avoiders, all it seems, with the government’s blessing.

The ‘normal’ person using cash trains them to be sensible with their finances. If you go out with £100 and your taxi home is £20, once you’ve spent £80 it’s good night, God bless. Card users can carry on beeping their card regardless. I fear for some people who are being suckered into debt. I doubt they know how much they’re spending……until the worrying letters from their bank start arriving. They end up captured by the system. Overdrafts, credit cards etc, while helping some, can be a financial disaster for many.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Using mental arithmetic was the norm for all walks of life until the tap, beep, beep revolution. The old barmaids were a prime example, Christ, they’d be able to serve about four punters at once, with the four pints in different stages of ‘fullness’, whilst taking the money and working out four different amounts of change, remarkable skill really. Also, off point, they knew who was next to be served, solving the argument their side of the bar. It’s shite knowing your turn and some ignorant bugger muscles in before you and the bar person serves them through not having a clue how to ‘work the bar.
    I have to smile inwardly when I give the "odd" change in addition to a £5 or £10 note, e.g. for say £5.30 I give a £10 note (if that's all I have) plus 30p so the assistant simply has to give me a £5 note back. The look on his/her face as if to say..."how did you know that" when the till display tells them to give me a fiver change!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I have to smile inwardly when I give the "odd" change in addition to a £5 or £10 note, e.g. for say £5.30 I give a £10 note (if that's all I have) plus 30p so the assistant simply has to give me a £5 note back. The look on his/her face as if to say..."how did you know that" when the till display tells them to give me a fiver change!
    Smug.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    A few years back I was working in Rumney, I had a young lad helping me, great kid. And I had a mate, who had a lorry, clearing site for me. We got talking about the ‘odd’ when buying something, the young lad was absolutely baffled, couldn’t get his head around you giving change with a note to the server over the price of what you were buying. Anyway, I had to nip out for something or other, when I came back my lorry driver mate was on one side of the wall giving the young lad, who was on the other side, a tenner with change. He was actually acting out a shop/pub scene to illustrate what we were on about and how it made the server’s job easier and prevented you from walking around with a pocket full of smash. Pubs and shops used to love this, as it gave them more change in the till for further transactions. Did the youngster get it? Did he f*ck

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Sainsbury’s…online payments have one bad day and the grey posters overload the internet everywhere shock

I’d understand as father Dougal alluded to if they voiced it in the pub
    I thought you were up for the 99p coin the other day. Splitter.

A few years back I was working in Rumney, I had a young lad helping me, great kid. And I had a mate, who had a lorry, clearing site for me. We got talking about the ‘odd’ when buying something, the young lad was absolutely baffled, couldn’t get his head around you giving change with a note to the server over the price of what you were buying. Anyway, I had to nip out for something or other, when I came back my lorry driver mate was on one side of the wall giving the young lad, who was on the other side, a tenner with change. He was actually acting out a shop/pub scene to illustrate what we were on about and how it made the server’s job easier and prevented you from walking around with a pocket full of smash. Pubs and shops used to love this, as it gave them more change in the till for further transactions. Did the youngster get it? Did he f*ck
    I've used pennies to explain penalty shootouts to people. Another use for cash!

Oh and as long as you change up under £900 for foreign currency they dont ask for your name or ID ( by all accounts )

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I hate customers paying with cash. It's a pain in the arse, more difficult to account for and it dwindles down into nothing quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Oh and as long as you change up under £900 for foreign currency they dont ask for your name or ID ( by all accounts )
    They don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I hate customers paying with cash. It's a pain in the arse, more difficult to account for and it dwindles down into nothing quite quickly.
    Without cash...we are slaves to convenience and our financial, corporate masters can monitor everything we do.

Without cash...we are slaves to convenience and our financial, corporate masters can monitor everything we do.
    Yeah, but i still hate it.....

Yeah, but i still hate it.....
    Fair play! 🤣

I used the same technique in the Clark's Pie shop (or Victoria Park Pies - whatever) the other day. Was £5.30 I think and I had a tenner and some change so gave them £10.30 to get a fiver back. saved me a pocket full of shrapnell and them an empty till with no change.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I used the same technique in the Clark's Pie shop (or Victoria Park Pies - whatever) the other day. Was £5.30 I think and I had a tenner and some change so gave them £10.30 to get a fiver back. saved me a pocket full of shrapnell and them an empty till with no change.
    Part of the same (Clarks) family Mike. Had a bust up, so the splinter group (Victoria pies) couldn't use the clarks name.

I'm so into shove-h'penny

Smug.
    No, being helpful actually. I used to work in retail so I still instinctively think about saving small change in the till. Used to dislike lazy people who hand over a tenner for example a bar of chocolate without bothering to check if they have the correct amount.

Who doesn't love a handful of thru'penny bits?

I thought you were up for the 99p coin the other day. Splitter.
    I’m still on board with the 99p coin!

Walking round with 2lbs of shrapnel in your pockets is great fun. If you like cash, then use cash. But why make an argument out of it? Weird.

I rarely take cash out, having a bulgy wallet in the same pocket as my keys after not carrying one the majority of the time just feels like an inconvenience now. I had 2 sets of keys and my car keys on me yesterday and decided to take my wallet with me as id been paid back cash by one of my mates (that I transferred to) and the wallet is one of them small ones that's basically a card holder with a money clip and an apple Airtag on it.. and it just annoyed me all day. Was handy at 23.40 to get grub from the kebab shop..

I worked a bar 20 years ago, was east to work out the drinks and stuff and id have it sorted in my head as I poured the order, but even then shit tills back then had the prices on and gave you the change due once you'd bashed it all in, also like to add it was easier to get change from the bank than it was 5 pound notes, so all the old fellas standing there with their £10.60 to get a fiver change weren't always doing the place a favour, as when you ran out of fivers you'd have to use the change anyway (where I worked and many other pubs in the area said the same)

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    I rarely take cash out, having a bulgy wallet in the same pocket as my keys after not carrying one the majority of the time just feels like an inconvenience now. I had 2 sets of keys and my car keys on me yesterday and decided to take my wallet with me as id been paid back cash by one of my mates (that I transferred to) and the wallet is one of them small ones that's basically a card holder with a money clip and an apple Airtag on it.. and it just annoyed me all day. Was handy at 23.40 to get grub from the kebab shop..

I worked a bar 20 years ago, was east to work out the drinks and stuff and id have it sorted in my head as I poured the order, but even then shit tills back then had the prices on and gave you the change due once you'd bashed it all in, also like to add it was easier to get change from the bank than it was 5 pound notes, so all the old fellas standing there with their £10.60 to get a fiver change weren't always doing the place a favour, as when you ran out of fivers you'd have to use the change anyway (where I worked and many other pubs in the area said the same)
    Who the f uck takes keys out with them, when they’re going out on the piss ????

so far every person ive met that is passionately for cash and aggressively opposed to anything else seems to fall into this category...just saying :)

i just enjoy flashing my plastic to these individuals

i take similar pleasures with the covid conspiracy theory jokers..they are potentially more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    so far every person ive met that is passionately for cash and aggressively opposed to anything else seems to fall into this category...just saying :)

i just enjoy flashing my plastic to these individuals

i take similar pleasures with the covid conspiracy theory jokers..they are potentially more fun
    It’s not that we’re passionate for cash, we’re passionate for choice, places should be neither all card or all cash.