+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player Ratings according to WOL

Player Ratings according to WOL

Ethan Horvath 5

A couple of really nervy touches with his feet, which he's done since joining. Almost gifted Swansea a golden chance with a poor pass out.

Perry Ng 5

Couldn't get into it from an attacking sense and was left two on one for Liam Cullen's goal. Hauled down Ronald to hand Swansea a penalty.

Dimitrios Goutas 6

Had trouble against the pace of Ronald on the flank at times but did OK in the circumstances. Made one or two decent interventions in the second half.

Nathaniel Phillips 6

Probably the best of the defenders. Made a wonderful headed clearance early on from a Matt Grimes piledriver. Couldn't do a lot when he flew into a tackle on Jamal Lowe late on for the second.

Josh Wilson-Esbrand 4

Just not in the game. Ronald got the better of him throughout and didn't add to the attack at all. Looked a bit better after the break but was right to be subbed.

Manolis Siopis 5

Did a decent enough job in there. Stuck to his brief by trying to get his foot stuck in but could add very little with the ball.

Ryan Wintle 5

Has been in great form but the Swansea press really stifled his play. Couldn't play forwards enough to make a difference. Covered a lot of ground, though.

Josh Bowler 4

A poor outing from the winger. Added nothing in attack and left Ng on his own for Cullen's goal. Struggled. Sign up to our Cardiff City daily newsletter here.

David Turnbull 5

Produced a couple of nice touches when Cardiff had their backs against the ropes, but cut a frustrated figure by the lack of plan or composure from his team-mates.

Karlan Grant 5

Tried his utmost but couldn't produce the goods. Had to help Wilson-Esbrand out defensively. Couldn't impart his attacking game on the match until later on when he did become a little livelier.

Yakou Meite 4

Was bullied by Nathan Wood and Harry Darling and was lucky not to get sent off during an altercation with the latter. His team-mates had to tell him to calm down on more than one occasion.

Subs

Callum O'Dowda (Meite 46) 6 - Looked composed and assured after his introduction. Didn't have too many attacking opportunities but certainly shored up that left side.

Rubin Colwill (Turnbull 46) 7 (star man) - Finally added some energy and go-forward to City's attack when he came on. Blasted one over the bar not long after his introduction.

Ollie Tanner (Bowler 63) 5 - Had a couple of decent runs down the flank but couldn't create anything substantial. Wants too much time on the ball sometimes.

Aaron Ramsey (Siopis 72) 5 - A few decent touches and a couple of nice set-piece deliveries but couldn't make the telling contribution.

Famara Diedhiou (Wilson-Esbrand 77) NA - Had one overhead kick deflected wide but other than that he barely got a kick.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...tings-28831890

Not much to argue with. Maybe +1 for Goutas and Phillips and -1 for Ramsey, Tanner, Siopsis

Re: Player Ratings according to WOL

About right for me.

Star ratings about right for me, and I agree with Colwill being MOM. We were a lot better once he had entered the fray

The 4 and 5s are very, very generous.

International

Hovarth was not a five, made a mistake with the kick out but made few saves and put Cullen off for the penalty by kicking the posts making him wait, jumping up and down and hitting the bar, I could see Cullen was bottling it, hard to argue with the rest.

That was the same team that played well against Ipswich?

They should be ashamed they let themselves, Bulut, and the fans down.

Agree about Colwill, he was the only one trying to make something happen. Shows how pathetic some posters are trying to scapegoat him.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Agree about Colwill, he was the only one trying to make something happen. Shows how pathetic some posters are trying to scapegoat him.
    Yes he tried hard in fairness and seemed to want it at least.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Hovarth was not a five, made a mistake with the kick out but made few saves and put Cullen off for the penalty by kicking the posts making him wait, jumping up and down and hitting the bar, I could see Cullen was bottling it, hard to argue with the rest.

Your last sentence should read:

Bulut should be ashamed of himself, he let the players and the fans down (by his useless negative tactics!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Star ratings about right for me, and I agree with Colwill being MOM. We were a lot better once he had entered the fray
    He's our best player, madness that he didn't start

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

Cullen didn't bottle it, he'd already started celebrating before he took it once he saw Horvath go the other way

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    And doesn't that speak volumes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    And doesn't that speak volumes?
    He should start every game now, as should Tanner. Sink or swim time for them. I’d give Ashford and Joel Colwill plenty of game time too. What have we got to lose?

the outcry for him to start is deafening even from media outlets like WO who bulut must be paying attention to on a regular basis.

Meite on more than a score of 2 is a bit silly though. Useless lump..what is it now? 30 matches 1 goal? mostly played upfront and mostly played 70+ minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He should start every game now, as should Tanner. Sink or swim time for them. I’d give Ashford and Joel Colwill plenty of game time too. What have we got to lose?
    Agreed, lets see what it's all about with all of them. No excuses, go out and perform, win games etc. I know Bulut holds them back, but **** him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    the outcry for him to start is deafening even from media outlets like WO who bulut must be paying attention to on a regular basis.

Meite on more than 2 is a bit silly though. Useless lump..what is it now? 30 matches 1 goal? mostly played upfront and mostly played 70+ minutes.
    Bulut doesn't rate Colwill. He brought in the bloke from celtic to replace him. Colwill is lucky in respect that Robinson, Ramsey and Celtic bloke have either been shit or injured or both, as he'd be knowhere near it (And that's Bulut, Not me)

Bulut doesn't rate Colwill. He brought in the bloke from celtic to replace him. Colwill is lucky in respect that Robinson, Ramsey and Celtic bloke have either been shit or injured or both, as he'd be knowhere near it (And that's Bulut, Not me)
    I think he has Colwill ahead of Robinson

What's mad about Turnbull is we've gone out and spent £2m on a player who is guilty of everything that Bulut had a go at Robinson & Colwill for. He's slow, he offers little defensively and he can't press at all. There was one point yesterday where Matt Grimes, hardly a speedster, overtook him to reach the ball despite Turnbull having a good 8 yard head start

I have no idea what Bulut's doing tbh. I've said previously that there's no clear plan at all for how we play and yesterday confirmed it. Swansea had a clear plan where they were trying to isolate the wingers against our full backs, what on earth were we trying to achieve? We have this bizarre mix of players who can't play the same way as each other, some who want to play physically, some who want to play slower tempo football and it all breaks down.

Hopefully we give Joel Colwill, Ashford and some of the other u21s some games for the rest of the season, but it wouldn't shock me at all if Bowler & Grant started each of the remaining games

What's mad about Turnbull is we've gone out and spent £2m on a player who is guilty of everything that Bulut had a go at Robinson & Colwill for. He's slow, he offers little defensively and he can't press at all. There was one point yesterday where Matt Grimes, hardly a speedster, overtook him to reach the ball despite Turnbull having a good 8 yard head start
    Yes , totally agree and a good point. I noticed that when Grimes easily over took him, I don’t get what he adds over and above Colwill who is much more creative going forward.

I have no idea what Bulut's doing tbh. I've said previously that there's no clear plan at all for how we play and yesterday confirmed it. Swansea had a clear plan where they were trying to isolate the wingers against our full backs, what on earth were we trying to achieve? We have this bizarre mix of players who can't play the same way as each other, some who want to play physically, some who want to play slower tempo football and it all breaks down.

Hopefully we give Joel Colwill, Ashford and some of the other u21s some games for the rest of the season, but it wouldn't shock me at all if Bowler & Grant started each of the remaining games
    Turnbull’s signing is going to be a disaster. He’s got cement in his boots, he’s not got the physicality to play in the Champ.

Agreed, let’s see what it's all about with all of them. No excuses, go out and perform, win games etc. I know Bulut holds them back, but **** him.
    The last two words I can fully get on board with

I agree with you on Colwill, I really don’t think Bulut fancies him at all. Like Morison and others before him, they don’t trust him off the ball and because we are so negative, that’s what matters to them.

Bang on. For all of the pelters Bowler receives (And most of it justified) he is constantly doubled up on, and he was yesterday. Easy for Swansea as Bowler was constantly trying to turn in on his stronger foot. Bulut is blagging it, he ha one style, one tactic, and he wont really deviate, he reacts. He pushes Colwill on and a central midfield player when we're looking for a goal. The opposition sit back a little and it all looks better because we are allowed possession, because our opponents are saying break us down, and Bulut has reacted (Again) to circumstances when we hould attempt to dictate the play. But we don't. David Marshall was our best player in our first premier league season. Because he had so much to do, he was reacting, he probably would have liked nothing more than to be an observer for the best part, that would have meant that the outfield players are doing their jobs. Bulut is the same, he reacts, we get a goal or a late winner now and again and it masks the dross that has got us in that position in the first place. And then fans say that he got the subs right. No, he reacted for the wrong reasons. Now and then things don't work out, that's fine. Bulut lines up the same most weeks, his players perform the same routine shit most weeks. When we're found out it's difficult for us to recover. And why should we be in a position to recover so often. i give up.

International

Cullen didn't bottle it, he'd already started celebrating before he took it once he saw Horvath go the other way
    Yes of course he completely missed the target and bottled it.

International

Turnbull’s signing is going to be a disaster. He’s got cement in his boots, he’s not got the physicality to play in the Champ.
    He was solid last week, terrible yesterday, let's see if he comes back stronger.

if i were Colwill's dad id be nodding along with you. But despite the managers misuse of the kid id still like to see him stay in hope the inevitable next manager can pick up where bulut missed the train

For Colwill's sake he'd be better off leaving us. But i still think if he stays it will only give us hope/a chance at something better than the dross we are currently lapping up

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    if i were Colwill's dad id be nodding along with you. But despite the managers misuse of the kid id still like to see him stay in hope the inevitable next manager can pick up where bulut missed the train

For Colwill's sake he'd be better off leaving us. But i still think if he stays it will only give us hope/a chance at something better than the dross we are currently lapping up
    If Colwill wants to add to his game then i reckon that he should **** off somwhere else, even if it's a 'Backward' step.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Turnbull. The whole team is sh*t and he's under a new manager, club, and has Wintle alongside him.

There was a better performance from Turnbull against Ipswich. He can't be too much of a wimp having played for Celtic and he looked like a footballer.

Throw us a few crumbs after yesterday Pedro. It's still raw mate!