+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kortrijk

Re: Kortrijk

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    They finished bottom but one in the regular season and this is how the playoffs work.

Relegation Play-offs

The bottom four teams after the regular season play the Relegation Play-offs, a round-robin tournament in which they start with the full points obtained during the regular season. The teams finishing in third and fourth at the conclusion of the Relegation Play-offs will be relegated to the 2024–25 Challenger Pro League, the team finishing in second place has to play the winner of the Promotion Play-offs, with the winner of that match playing in the 2024–25 Belgian Pro League.

Pos Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts Qualification or relegation CHA EUP KVK RWD
    1 Charleroi 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 30 — 21 Apr 11 May 0–0
    2 Eupen 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 25 Qualification for the Promotion/relegation play-offs 26 Apr — 1–1 11 May
    3 Kortrijk 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 25 Relegation to Challenger Pro League 14 Apr 5 May — 21 Apr
    4 RWD Molenbeek 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 24 4 May 13 Apr 28 Apr —
    Updated to match(es) played on 7 April 2024. Source: Jupiler Pro League (in Dutch), Soccerway
    Rules for classification: 1) Points; 2) Regular season finishing position.[39]
    Promotion/relegation play-offs

The promotion/relegation play-offs are contested by the teams finishing in positions 3 to 6 in the 2023–24 Challenger Pro League, who meet in a knockout tournament with both semi-finals and a final over two legs and the highest season finisher always having home advantage in the return leg. The winner of the final plays the 14th place finisher of the 2023–24 Belgian Pro League over two legs. The Belgian Pro League team has home advantage in the return leg, the winner of the barrage will play in the 2024–25 Belgian Pro League, the loser in the 2024–25 Challenger Pro League.
    Thanks, I actually understand that much more than I did Loramski's explanation

It looks to me then that, given Charleroi have a five point advantage, the best Kortrijk can realistically hope for is to play a team from the second tier with the winner playing in the top flight next season, so it would seem to me that drawing away at a team which finished above you in the table (albeit only on goal difference) is a decent start to the competition - win their home games against Molenbeek and Eupen and they should get second place.

They play Charleroi next Sunday and they did beat then 1-0 at home in February so they still have a chance of finishing first especially as
    Charleroi only drew yesterday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Would love Davies to come back and do well, this is why I said Colwill should have gone on loan first half of the season.

I don’t see why Davies couldn’t fill the Grant role or at least be an option wide.
    Difficult one perhaps?

Guess it was a signal they didn't want to send out about Colwill seeing the false platform he's been placed on .

I think Grant is a tidy player though so you can see why as it becomes bench warming time for Davies ?? Perhaps games is better at this stage of his life ?

Colwills wage would also be probitive for lower type of clubs

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Difficult one perhaps?

Guess it was a signal they didn't want to send out about Colwill seeing the false platform he's been placed on .

I think Grant is a tidy player though so you can see why as it becomes bench warming time for Davies ?? Perhaps games is better at this stage of his life ?

Colwills wage would also be probitive for lower type of clubs
    Sorry I meant for next season for Davies once Grant has gone. I think Davies going out on loan was 100% the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Sorry I meant for next season for Davies once Grant has gone. I think Davies going out on loan was 100% the right decision.
    & Mark Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    & Mark Harris
    Mark Harris has a panini sticker - not to be sniffed at 👍