+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kortrijk

Re: Kortrijk

Way to go slagging off a young player in his first full season of professional football. Everything is new to him and bearing that in mind Tanner has done well and will be in a good position to kick on next season. The goal against Swansea gave us a glimpse of what he could be like and to dismiss him in the way some so called ‘experts’ have on here is disgraceful. Nothing better to do I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Way to go slagging off a young player in his first full season of professional football. Everything is new to him and bearing that in mind Tanner has done well and will be in a good position to kick on next season. The goal against Swansea gave us a glimpse of what he could be like and to dismiss him in the way some so called ‘experts’ have on here is disgraceful. Nothing better to do I suspect.
    Our fans generally want youth players to come through but won’t give them any time to progress, they have to be instant hits.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Our fans generally want youth players to come through but won’t give them any time to progress, they have to be instant hits.
    I’m not sure that is the case with Tanner, if you watch him closely, he’s decision making is poor, there was a point in the Ipswich game at the Canton end in the dying seconds where he had the ball and decided to take the defender on and lost the ball. They immediately went up the park and thankfully nothing came from it.

Any one with half a brain cell would have either shot at goal, or better still knocked the ball full pelt at the defender to win a throw in and wind the clock down

Tanner lacks any awareness and seems content to hold on to the ball for too long as if he’s undecided what to do, he’s run himself into too many deadends and always runs with his head down.

He’s going to make a living out of the lower leagues so don’t feel too sorry for him

He’s not a Championship level player and if he did turn it around and kicked on happy days I’ll be the first to eat humble pie

I just don’t see it myself

Tanner needs to swap with Davies over the summer. He is physically nowhere near it and has to play games week after week

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Hes 22 soon ffs, hes not exactly a youth player. Youre not beyond criticsm at 21 nearly 22. Colwill has had far more critiscm from you and others since way before he was 21.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Tanner needs to swap with Davies over the summer. He is physically nowhere near it and has to play games week after week
    Id like to know whos idea was it to give me an extra 3 years!! Ive just read hes contracted until 2027.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Think maybe a league one or two club for regular game time will be better than Belgium. I dont think he has the tactical awareness to be playing in a technical league abroad. As others have said on here he does not play with his head up and often runs into trouble. Hes a very old fashioned British winger in that sense.

I don’t think they have to be instant hits. But they do, at some point, have to be hits. I’m a heretic anyway insomuch I don’t really care about the academy, U21s etc and buy my season ticket each year to watch first team pros entertain me. I don’t care where they come from or what nationality they are. They just have to bust a gut for the shirt in those 90 plus minutes. It’s not much to ask. Oh yeah. Some f*cking goals would be nice too.
    Edit: Davies is the exception for me. Very exciting player. Love watching him play.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'd like to know what Tanner offers that Davies doesn't
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I’m not sure that is the case with Tanner, if you watch him closely, he’s decision making is poor, there was a point in the Ipswich game at the Canton end in the dying seconds where he had the ball and decided to take the defender on and lost the ball. They immediately went up the park and thankfully nothing came from it.

Any one with half a brain cell would have either shot at goal, or better still knocked the ball full pelt at the defender to win a throw in and wind the clock down

Tanner lacks any awareness and seems content to hold on to the ball for too long as if he’s undecided what to do, he’s run himself into too many deadends and always runs with his head down.

He’s going to make a living out of the lower leagues so don’t feel too sorry for him

He’s not a Championship level player and if he did turn it around and kicked on happy days I’ll be the first to eat humble pie

It's a common theme among the whole team, they are all bad decision makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Seconded.
    Tanner is a winger Davies is a striker.

Davies does not play like 'Bulut' striker and I don't want him to shoehorn in as a makeshift winger either. Hopefully Bulut's gone by the end of the season so we won't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Really not sure. If he is worth that we should definitely keep him - it's the only way we're going to get a player worth that other than Ramsey.
    Colwill is worth more. much more.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post

Look how well Mendez-Laing did for us and he was technically even worse.

Look at Bowler being called the worst loan signing ever but he's being played on his wrong foot with no midfield support.

Maybe a manager could play to the players strengths for once.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Davies does not play like 'Bulut' striker and I don't want him to shoehorn in as a makeshift winger either. Hopefully Bulut's gone by the end of the season so we won't have to.
    This ^^^^^^

Look how well Mendez-Laing did for us and he was technically even worse.

Look at Bowler being called the worst loan signing ever but he's being played on his wrong foot with no midfield support.

Maybe a manager could play to the players strengths for once.
    To be fair most wingers play on the opposite side now. ie right footers on left wing and left footers on the right.

I dont think our tactics get the best out of Bowler but he also needs to put in a much bigger shift if hes to win the fans over. He was a disgrace on Saturday. It was like playing with 10 players. 9 when you take into account Turnbull. Neither would have needed a shower after the game.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Think maybe a league one or two club for regular game time will be better than Belgium. I dont think he has the tactical awareness to be playing in a technical league abroad. As others have said on here he does not play with his head up and often runs into trouble. Hes a very old fashioned British winger in that sense.
    Wrexham would be good for him!

This I agree with. If he comes back and is used as a striker I'd be happy. I think Bulut wastes him on the wing though.

I'd like Davies to come good just for the fact me and my daughter used to sit by his Grandad, he was a lovely fella, be great if he could get a regular run of games in the first team and become a regular.

This I agree with. If he comes back and is used as a striker I'd be happy. I think Bulut wastes him on the wing though.

I'd like Davies to come good just for the fact me and my daughter used to sit by his Grandad, he was a lovely fella, be great if he could get a regular run of games in the first team and become a regular.
    I’d hope Bulut wouldn’t be making that decision as he will be gone.

I hope we go to 352 next season. We can play O’Dowda at LWB, Davies up top with Colwill behind. We don’t have any wingers on the books and it suits Ng and others.

Nice to hear that about his grandad too. Really hope Davies and Colwill make it for us, as well as Ashford, Joel Colwill etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

I hope we go to 352 next season. We can play O’Dowda at LWB, Davies up top with Colwill behind. We don’t have any wingers on the books and it suits Ng and others.

Nice to hear that about his grandad too. Really hope Davies and Colwill make it for us, as well as Ashford, Joel Colwill etc.
    I'd go along with that.

Missed this. Yes I agree wingers just don't work for us. I'd rather the width from wing backs and have more creative minded players in the middle rather than wingers cutting in.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/6...013e325dddfe95

People will pick apart the team selection, whatever. But a formation something like this I'd like to see. Can argue the toss over the team selection as comb does

Missed this. Yes I agree wingers just don't work for us. I'd rather the width from wing backs and have more creative minded players in the middle rather than wingers cutting in.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/6...013e325dddfe95

People will pick apart the team selection, whatever. But a formation something like this I'd like to see. Can argue the toss over the team selection as comb does
    I like it, I think Etete would benefit from having a partner up front

Yeah I like a 3-5-2, as long as it is an attacking 3-5-2, not a means of getting extra defenders into the team.

If you are able to get the wingbacks involved in the attack and an attacking minded midfielder that should be 5 players involved in attacks across the whole width of the pitch, which has got to give us more attacking options than we are currently generating.

Aside from formation I'd like to know what the general idea behind our attacking play is, as we don't get it forward quickly enough to be a counter attacking side, we don't pass it around well and we don't press opponents high up the pitch particularly either

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I like it, I think Etete would benefit from having a partner up front
    Little and large! We will see.

May as well try things like this until the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    May as well try things like this until the end of the season
    Good to have a bit of fun with it