Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
It's literally dividing people into racial groups and emphasising that above their political positions, views or other parts of their history.

That's why I say it's divisive, because it is.

Same as Bulut is, I assume, our first Muslim manager. Is that what we should care about most?

How about reports on Mr Gethings policies, or just announcing him as the winner without referencing his skin colour.

The problem here is that when it's done, it's done by others too. So a criminal becomes a black criminal or a Polish criminal or a gypsy criminal etc etc.

It's not about these things not mattering. It's about whether they should be considering the most important issue, the defining part of someone's personality.

I would suggest they shouldnt.
I have no issue whatsoever when the Conservative Party embarrass the Labour Party by pointing out that they have had three woman leaders while Labour have had none, they have the first brown PM and, at one time, not one member of the four great offices of Government was a white man. To me, that’s something that the Tories should be proud of - if you feel so strongly about this subject (it was you who started the thread), why not say something when Sunak became PM?