Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
It's sad isn't it to see it described as regressive? It's for from it.

It's genuinely incredible to see Vaughn Gething making history as the first black leader of Wales, isn't it? It's like a fresh breath of air in Welsh politics, showing everyone that diversity and progress aren't just words—we're living them! And let's not forget, Gething isn't just any leader; he's one who's walked the challenging but rewarding path of a solicitor before stepping into this role. That's no small feat! It means he's grounded in real-world issues, understanding the intricate balance of law and life, which, let's be honest, is exactly what you want in someone steering the ship.

I had serious and important issues I was living and facing in Grangetown. They weren't just minor hiccups; they were major challenges that needed a thoughtful, effective response. And that's precisely what I got from Vaughn Gething and his team. It wasn't just about sending emails or making phone calls; it was about genuinely understanding the problem and actively seeking solutions. The kind of support I received was nothing short of outstanding, highlighting his commitment to really being there for the community.

This personal touch, this genuine willingness to help sort out significant issues, makes his leadership all the more admirable. It's one thing to lead from an office; it's another to be so connected and responsive to the community's needs. It shows he's not just about policies and politics; he's about people.

Isn't it inspiring to have someone like that at the helm? For young people in Wales, especially those of color, seeing Gething in such a prominent position must feel incredibly empowering. It sends a clear message: no matter your background, your dreams are valid, and your potential is limitless.

White posters carping about colour is not a good look. Describing it as regressive has overtones of discrimination. He won't like me saying it. I don't care.
Blimey, you make it sound as though Welsh Labour have just elected a new Messiah as our First Minister!